Overall, we had a great time, and the resort is very pleasant. As an all-inclusive, it was great not to worry about paying for drinks by the pool or dinner every night. Food was pretty good, but not outstanding. Drinks and service were very, very good.
The pools are outstanding and we spent a lot of time pool-side. I was disappointed by the ocean, which was dark, grassy, cold, and as a result, I did not go in or partake in the water sports. We had come to this resort after 3 days at a lesser resort farther north, closer to Cancun, and I MUCH preferred the beach there. Calmer, warmer, bluer. If you are an ocean person, stay farther up along the peninsula!!
The rooms were nice, and the beds were comfortable, but the layout was a little quirky. We traveled with my twelve-year-old twins (one boy and one girl). The toilet was in a separate room, and the shower was in its own room, but the large Jacuzzi bathtub was out in the open without any privacy from everyone else in the room! This made it virtually unusable as we were usually all outside or all in the room together trying to get ready for dinner or about to go to bed. If you like any privacy at all while bathing, you would not use the Jacuzzi tub! (It is also right near the door to the room, so if someone opens the door, people in the hall can see you.)
The kids loved the activities, the little soccer field on the sand, and the entertainment at night. They would have loved to spend more time exploring outside the resort because it was all-inclusive, and excursions cost a LOT extra, we only went out one day. They offered to make us box lunches, but then we found out it COST EXTRA, so we didn't do it.
If you want to get out at all, do the bike tours in the morning, which takes you to a little town nearby where you will have time to do a little shopping. Not much there, but nice to get out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos