My husband and I, along with my best friend and her husband, my sister and brother-n-law spent 7 days at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa. This was the first time my husband and I have traveled to Mexico. Our vacation was fantastic and meet some really great and interesting people from all over the world. Our first day was spent at the adult pool which was beautiful and the bartenders were great. The only "down fall" was the small children and kids hanging at the pool bar with or without the parents. Needless to say our group of six decided to spend mostly the rest of the week at the beach. The bar at the beach was great, along with the bartenders. This resort is "VERY" kid friendly....so, if you want a vacation with minimal or no small children it's not the place to go. Except for the French Restaurant we ate at them all and had no complaints. Edgar the waiter was exceptional at the World Café, cocktail server Charlie was great, Antonio, Carlos, Manual and the other bartenders were fantastic and a pleasure to conversant with daily. Our room was very clean and stock daily with beverages. Unfortunately, my best friend and her husband lost power to their room which was accommodated with another that was absolutely terrible. All three of us couples had upgrades and they were giving a temporary room that had the worst smell of mold and condensation with an alley view. So to say they were not happy about the alternate room for the night. They were accommodated with a champion and fruit tray the next day after moving back into their original room. My husband and I had a great room 1312 with a very nice view of the ocean and a Jacuzzi on the balcony. The room was cleaned daily by Teresa who did a great job. Room service was excellent and very good food! I did not care for the Mexican food at this resort...total Tex Mex. As far as the vendors, you will get a better deal at the resort shops as Victor was wonderful or take a trip to Puerto Morelos to shop. Puerto Morelos was great and had great deals but be cautious of all your purchases for good silver etc. I did feel safe shopping as we were supervised by our husbands and one is a retired police officer who kept a good eye on us.
All & all, our vacation was wonderful and totally awesome memorable week at the Dreams all-exclusive resort!
As far as my return, I will be trying out a few other all-exclusives to compare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos