“not a party place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
hamburg pa
“not a party place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

it was a beautiful resort had a great time but when u go with 30 people and management tells u keep it quiet at night that sucks. they would not fill my mini bar as requested only 4 beers to your mini bar really. staff was nice room temp would not go below 75 deg plunge pool was great.food was good steaks by the pool awesome.pool bar great. had a beach party for 30 people that was the best night of the week.

Room Tip: plunge pool room all the way. u spend that kind of money u should get the best u will love it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!/Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay in Dreams Riviera Cancun.
As you probably know we are a nice family resort and that is mainly the reason why we try to keep the quiet and peace after some reasonable time.
It is lovely to hear that after that you had a lovely time with your friends and you loved your beach party

The world-renowned reputation Dreams Riviera Cancun worldwide is built on commitment to exemplary guest service. As client of the Dreams Riviera Cancun, we value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback

We hope to received you back in a near future
Regards!

2,718 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The rooms (especially ours with own pool and great garden view)
Swimming pools, bars and overall service in the relaxing area
Good choice of food at any time with limited/no waiting time and o reservation required

Don't expect the same blue sea as in Cancun due to the close by reef
Rent a car, if not Taxi prices are ridiculous 20USD for 4km ride

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GerenciaDRERC, Genaral Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

We highly appreciate your kind comments regarding our beautiful Resort

On behalf of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resorts & Spa team, we really hope to see receive you again in our property in a near future!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was satisfied with the Dreams and would recommend this resort to couples and families. First, let me start by saying that while there were a few bumps, overall the resort provided a great experience. Arrival was simple and fast. We stayed in the preferred suits, which I believe should be the regular rooms. I did enjoy the preferred guest lounge. And the WI-FI which was slow but served its purpose. We did request another room after we discovered that the lock on the patio door was broken and there was a wet rug in the room that smelled like mildew. The new room was cozy and comfortable. They even rolled in a very comfortable twin bed for my son. The room service was great. Housekeeping would get the room in order and have our shoes lined up, nice and neat. The bar was restock everyday and fresh towels wasn't a problem at all. The pool area was the absolute best. Never too crowded. The pool bar did close a little early, around 6. There was always entertainment especially at night. For me, that was a huge plus. You can stay on the resort. they even bought the "Playa DE Carmen" shopping to us one night. I would give the food 4 stars. The Mexican restaurant was the worst. The buffet was inconsistent; get there when they open. The Asian and Italian was the best. The french was good too but does not allow children the waiters are too "fancy" and men are required to wear collar shirts and long pants. The drinks are best when you request that the bartender use top shelf. Room service and the poolside grill was okay too. The child care center was the absolutely BEST! My son had a great time rock climbing and trying new things like euro bungee. He even camped out on the beach while watching Rio on the big screen and cooking marsh mallows. The staff was awesome and very caring. Warning: DO NOT participate in the timeshare/ club presentation. Shut them down right away. Don't say maybe later because if so, they will continue to harass you. Overall, we have a great time. I love the entertainment, games, dancing by the pool and Mexican night. Yes, I would return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write us about you pleasant stay at our beautiful resort. We are very glad everything turned out as you expected on your family vacation!

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

Rest assured that I will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

We hope to have you back soon!

Thank you again from Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Queretaro, mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband, my 3 years old girl, my brother, my mom and myself just spent 6 wonderful days in this wonderful hotel.
The food was very good, but I think one more buffet restaurant is needed, the food and the staff in the seaside grill and oceana restaurant are really great, thanks to all of them!
The rooms are very nice, but I think there is some privacy missing in the bathroom area, everything else is just perfect!

I would only recommend to the hotel to take care of the "hand rail" to go down to the bathrooms in the pool area, they get really hot during the evening, very difficult for my girl to go down without holding from there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

From Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa team, we thank you for taking the time to write your positive review

We are highly grateful and it´s a pleasure for us to hear that your family vacation turned out as you expected and enjoyed everything during your stay.

We will pass your comments regarding the hand rail so the next time you are with us your daughter won´t have problems in going down

We look forward to have you and your family again in a near future!

Warm Regards

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dream Rivera was honestly the best vacation that I've ever been on. All the workers the staff the waiters The cooks and especially the entertainment center we're all just amazing and so courteous. I only went there for 4 days but it was honestly the greatest 4 days of my life. I didn't expect it to be as much fun as it was and I would truly advise anyone to go there, but the people who really made my vacation the greatest was the guys from the entertainment center: Edgar, Christian Vallejo, Caesar Guerrero and Vini Costillo they were all very nice in social they helped me out a lot being friendly and fun!!♥ I recommend that anyone who wants to have the time of their lives to go to this hotel because in the second you leave you want to go back

• Stayed June 2013

On behalf of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa we thank you for your patronage

We are highly grateful for your review, and it´s a pleasure for us to hear that your Holiday turned out as you expected and enjoyed everything during your stay.

We look forward to have you and your family again to enjoy of Unlimited-Luxury®

Warm Regards

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wedding:
I got married at the Dreams Riviera resort on May 2013 and it really was a dream.

I had some concerns before arriving at the resort as the finer details of the wedding had not been arranged - flowers/decorations etc, we had all the legal documentation ready and booked the places for the wedding ceremony and reception and booked hair and makeup appointments for the bridal party, but that was all. We arrived on the Sunday night and had an appointment booked with our wedding planner, Gina, on Monday morning. Gina took us through all the different options for everything to do with the wedding including any extras we wanted. We were keen to have the reception on the beach, however my husband is in a wheelchair which would just sink in the sand, but we were told that a wooden walkway could be made to allow him easy access. And that was it. No panic, no stress, everything sorted.

Hair and make-up was great. We all opted to have our hair "up" for the wedding so we made sure our hair was washed and dry before turning up and the ladies worked their magic. They were super efficient and everyone loved their finished hair.

Our flower bouquets, boutineers and corsages were beautiful - the pictures do not do them justice (I saw some other wedding flowers delivered later that week which were equally beautiful). They also lasted (without water!) for well over a week - a few of us kept the flowers to keep in our rooms.

Everything ran smoothly from the music for the ceremony (which we wanted slightly different to that suggested) to the cocktail hour to the reception where we found a path had been made AND decorated for us and they had even thought to make a ramp to the dancefloor in the center of the tables. The food was the best I had eaten at the hotel, it was superb. The DJ was great and the photographer was really professional and helpful - our wedding photos are beautiful!

I can't gush enough about my big day it went perfectly and was beautiful largely thanks to the organisation and professionalism of all the staff at Dreams from the maintenance staff to the waiters to the wedding planner.

Hotel, general:
This is a beautiful hotel, located a few Kilometers away from Puerto Morelos village which is worth a visit (I recommend the bike tour which takes you out there) small village which has not turned into Cancun or Playa Del Carmen yet.

We stayed in one of the wheelchair accessible rooms with a plunge pool. When we checked into the hotel we had not been given an accessible room, but after talking with the concierge, they kindly made a room available for us. The only real difference between this room and a "normal" room of the same type is that there are grab rails fitted in the shower room and toilet. There is a step out to the terrace which the hotel have built a ramp for - which it appears is transferable between rooms, and is quite smart - not just a knocked up wedge. Further to this there is an additional small step before reaching the plunge pool, which we just about managed to crawl down.

The Hotel Lobby is a great space for congregating and pre/post dinner drinks. Drink strength can vary, this happens when alcohol is poured at will into a glass. I had no complaints I sure managed to get my alcohol fix! (I recommend trying some "shots")

The restaurants are good, I think the Asian, French and Italian stand out for me. The World Cafe buffet suited all our groups tastes - children, vegetarians, the general fussy eaters. Service was variable between restaurants. There are not many waitors in the restaurants and large groups were sometimes a struggle.

The pools are not huge, but you are still able to have a lazy swim round them. It surprised me that people were not round the pool early, so it is possible to get in a few lengths before 8.30am. The infinity pool is beautiful, the other pool has games/activities in and there is a shallow children's pool all located near each other. Despite being late risers we never struggled to get a seat by one of the pools.

There is a large range of activities at the hotel for those who like to keep busy, Puerto Morelos is not far and offers some more options. Games/events at the pool are really fun (even if you are just a spectator) and gives the hotel a really fun atmosphere. There is a good mix of people from "spring breakers" to families which is really refreshing. The hotel Staff at this hotel are polite fun and helpful and really top this hotel off. I highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

It was a pleasure to be the Host of such an important celebration as your wedding!

It was a pleasure to hear that everything in your stay went smoothly and as pleasant as expected

Thank you very much for the detailed review your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

We hope to have you back soon for the wedding anniversary!

Regards from Dreams Riviera Cancun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband, kids 14 and 8, my parents and myself just spent a week at this resort. We had a great time. At first glance, the menus look a little scary but everyone enjoyed the food, even my picky one. Drinks were good and bars were easily acceptable. The beach has white sand but the water was murky and brown. I got stung by a jellyfish while snorkeling close to shore. Nonmotorized water sports were great! Rooms were fine, but lack of privacy in the bathroom area. I was sick the entirw week, the doctor therewas very nice and helpful, but prices are high. Great place for vacation. We are going to try Tulum area next time, supposed to be beaubeautiful beaches.

• Stayed June 2013
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy our restaurants and food even when sometimes Mexican Food is a little scary you can see it is very tasty too.

Our entertainment team will keep working on organizing different activities for you to enjoy your stay and it is always good to know that the water sport activities will be a top on the guest´s choices.

We value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback.

Regards!

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!