“Great resort, average beach, good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Brussels, Belgium
“Great resort, average beach, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The rooms (especially ours with own pool and great garden view)
Swimming pools, bars and overall service in the relaxing area
Good choice of food at any time with limited/no waiting time and o reservation required

Don't expect the same blue sea as in Cancun due to the close by reef
Rent a car, if not Taxi prices are ridiculous 20USD for 4km ride

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GerenciaDRERC, Genaral Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay in Dreams Riviera Cancun.
We highly appreciate your kind comments regarding our beautiful Resort

The world-renowned reputation Dreams Riviera Cancun worldwide is built on commitment to exemplary guest service. As client of the Dreams Riviera Cancun, we value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback

On behalf of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resorts & Spa team, we really hope to see receive you again in our property in a near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was satisfied with the Dreams and would recommend this resort to couples and families. First, let me start by saying that while there were a few bumps, overall the resort provided a great experience. Arrival was simple and fast. We stayed in the preferred suits, which I believe should be the regular rooms. I did enjoy the preferred guest lounge. And the WI-FI which was slow but served its purpose. We did request another room after we discovered that the lock on the patio door was broken and there was a wet rug in the room that smelled like mildew. The new room was cozy and comfortable. They even rolled in a very comfortable twin bed for my son. The room service was great. Housekeeping would get the room in order and have our shoes lined up, nice and neat. The bar was restock everyday and fresh towels wasn't a problem at all. The pool area was the absolute best. Never too crowded. The pool bar did close a little early, around 6. There was always entertainment especially at night. For me, that was a huge plus. You can stay on the resort. they even bought the "Playa DE Carmen" shopping to us one night. I would give the food 4 stars. The Mexican restaurant was the worst. The buffet was inconsistent; get there when they open. The Asian and Italian was the best. The french was good too but does not allow children the waiters are too "fancy" and men are required to wear collar shirts and long pants. The drinks are best when you request that the bartender use top shelf. Room service and the poolside grill was okay too. The child care center was the absolutely BEST! My son had a great time rock climbing and trying new things like euro bungee. He even camped out on the beach while watching Rio on the big screen and cooking marsh mallows. The staff was awesome and very caring. Warning: DO NOT participate in the timeshare/ club presentation. Shut them down right away. Don't say maybe later because if so, they will continue to harass you. Overall, we have a great time. I love the entertainment, games, dancing by the pool and Mexican night. Yes, I would return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write us about you pleasant stay at our beautiful resort. We are very glad everything turned out as you expected on your family vacation!

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

Rest assured that I will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

We hope to have you back soon!

Thank you again from Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Queretaro, mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband, my 3 years old girl, my brother, my mom and myself just spent 6 wonderful days in this wonderful hotel.
The food was very good, but I think one more buffet restaurant is needed, the food and the staff in the seaside grill and oceana restaurant are really great, thanks to all of them!
The rooms are very nice, but I think there is some privacy missing in the bathroom area, everything else is just perfect!

I would only recommend to the hotel to take care of the "hand rail" to go down to the bathrooms in the pool area, they get really hot during the evening, very difficult for my girl to go down without holding from there!

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

From Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa team, we thank you for taking the time to write your positive review

We are highly grateful and it´s a pleasure for us to hear that your family vacation turned out as you expected and enjoyed everything during your stay.

We will pass your comments regarding the hand rail so the next time you are with us your daughter won´t have problems in going down

We look forward to have you and your family again in a near future!

Warm Regards

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dream Rivera was honestly the best vacation that I've ever been on. All the workers the staff the waiters The cooks and especially the entertainment center we're all just amazing and so courteous. I only went there for 4 days but it was honestly the greatest 4 days of my life. I didn't expect it to be as much fun as it was and I would truly advise anyone to go there, but the people who really made my vacation the greatest was the guys from the entertainment center: Edgar, Christian Vallejo, Caesar Guerrero and Vini Costillo they were all very nice in social they helped me out a lot being friendly and fun!!♥ I recommend that anyone who wants to have the time of their lives to go to this hotel because in the second you leave you want to go back

• Stayed June 2013

On behalf of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa we thank you for your patronage

We are highly grateful for your review, and it´s a pleasure for us to hear that your Holiday turned out as you expected and enjoyed everything during your stay.

We look forward to have you and your family again to enjoy of Unlimited-Luxury®

Warm Regards

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wedding:
I got married at the Dreams Riviera resort on May 2013 and it really was a dream.

I had some concerns before arriving at the resort as the finer details of the wedding had not been arranged - flowers/decorations etc, we had all the legal documentation ready and booked the places for the wedding ceremony and reception and booked hair and makeup appointments for the bridal party, but that was all. We arrived on the Sunday night and had an appointment booked with our wedding planner, Gina, on Monday morning. Gina took us through all the different options for everything to do with the wedding including any extras we wanted. We were keen to have the reception on the beach, however my husband is in a wheelchair which would just sink in the sand, but we were told that a wooden walkway could be made to allow him easy access. And that was it. No panic, no stress, everything sorted.

Hair and make-up was great. We all opted to have our hair "up" for the wedding so we made sure our hair was washed and dry before turning up and the ladies worked their magic. They were super efficient and everyone loved their finished hair.

Our flower bouquets, boutineers and corsages were beautiful - the pictures do not do them justice (I saw some other wedding flowers delivered later that week which were equally beautiful). They also lasted (without water!) for well over a week - a few of us kept the flowers to keep in our rooms.

Everything ran smoothly from the music for the ceremony (which we wanted slightly different to that suggested) to the cocktail hour to the reception where we found a path had been made AND decorated for us and they had even thought to make a ramp to the dancefloor in the center of the tables. The food was the best I had eaten at the hotel, it was superb. The DJ was great and the photographer was really professional and helpful - our wedding photos are beautiful!

I can't gush enough about my big day it went perfectly and was beautiful largely thanks to the organisation and professionalism of all the staff at Dreams from the maintenance staff to the waiters to the wedding planner.

Hotel, general:
This is a beautiful hotel, located a few Kilometers away from Puerto Morelos village which is worth a visit (I recommend the bike tour which takes you out there) small village which has not turned into Cancun or Playa Del Carmen yet.

We stayed in one of the wheelchair accessible rooms with a plunge pool. When we checked into the hotel we had not been given an accessible room, but after talking with the concierge, they kindly made a room available for us. The only real difference between this room and a "normal" room of the same type is that there are grab rails fitted in the shower room and toilet. There is a step out to the terrace which the hotel have built a ramp for - which it appears is transferable between rooms, and is quite smart - not just a knocked up wedge. Further to this there is an additional small step before reaching the plunge pool, which we just about managed to crawl down.

The Hotel Lobby is a great space for congregating and pre/post dinner drinks. Drink strength can vary, this happens when alcohol is poured at will into a glass. I had no complaints I sure managed to get my alcohol fix! (I recommend trying some "shots")

The restaurants are good, I think the Asian, French and Italian stand out for me. The World Cafe buffet suited all our groups tastes - children, vegetarians, the general fussy eaters. Service was variable between restaurants. There are not many waitors in the restaurants and large groups were sometimes a struggle.

The pools are not huge, but you are still able to have a lazy swim round them. It surprised me that people were not round the pool early, so it is possible to get in a few lengths before 8.30am. The infinity pool is beautiful, the other pool has games/activities in and there is a shallow children's pool all located near each other. Despite being late risers we never struggled to get a seat by one of the pools.

There is a large range of activities at the hotel for those who like to keep busy, Puerto Morelos is not far and offers some more options. Games/events at the pool are really fun (even if you are just a spectator) and gives the hotel a really fun atmosphere. There is a good mix of people from "spring breakers" to families which is really refreshing. The hotel Staff at this hotel are polite fun and helpful and really top this hotel off. I highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

It was a pleasure to be the Host of such an important celebration as your wedding!

It was a pleasure to hear that everything in your stay went smoothly and as pleasant as expected

Thank you very much for the detailed review your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

We hope to have you back soon for the wedding anniversary!

Regards from Dreams Riviera Cancun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband, kids 14 and 8, my parents and myself just spent a week at this resort. We had a great time. At first glance, the menus look a little scary but everyone enjoyed the food, even my picky one. Drinks were good and bars were easily acceptable. The beach has white sand but the water was murky and brown. I got stung by a jellyfish while snorkeling close to shore. Nonmotorized water sports were great! Rooms were fine, but lack of privacy in the bathroom area. I was sick the entirw week, the doctor therewas very nice and helpful, but prices are high. Great place for vacation. We are going to try Tulum area next time, supposed to be beaubeautiful beaches.

• Stayed June 2013
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy our restaurants and food even when sometimes Mexican Food is a little scary you can see it is very tasty too.

Our entertainment team will keep working on organizing different activities for you to enjoy your stay and it is always good to know that the water sport activities will be a top on the guest´s choices.

We value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback.

Regards!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This review is geared towards normal human beings that don't nit pick over the silliest things. "Too many kids at this resort!" Here's a thought, go to the awesome adults only resort up the road. "The drinks aren't strong!" Here's a thought, ask for another shot of booze. Reading some of these reviews has been comical to say the least. So for all you non-anal, generally happy folks, here is my take on the best family vacation we have ever had.

Transportation:
Let's start with transportation. We got a van through Amstar, they were ready for us at the airport. No waiting for a bus in the heat, cause goodness with that humidity, its hot! Ride took about 20 minutes. I will admit the hotel doesn't look like much at 1st glance, wait until you get in the lobby.

Preferred Club:
I have seen mixed reviews on this. We loved it and used it everyday. Got it mainly because we wanted an upgraded room, but we used it everyday for breakfast, internet, but mainly evening cocktails. I would recommend upgrading based on our positive experiences with this service.

Room:
We got an upgraded master suite that had a family room/kitchen area seperated by a divider. I love my children dearly but we need our own space. We got a pull out and roll away bed for my son and daughter (ages 7/5). We were facing the ocean full on and were at the end of the front side of the building. If we had to complain about one thing, the sheets were a little rough. Would have hoped they would be softer, but at the end of the day we were so tired, wasn't that bad. Had a hot tub on the balcony which we did use on occasion. Great balcony and that view was worth every penny. Also read lots about noise in the hotel. We heard nothing, nada, zip....maybe its cause we were on the end away from the lobby. The lobby area can get loud at night on the weekends. Bring ear plugs nit pickers, if you are having a good time you will be partying with the loudies or dead asleep from a long day of booze and pool time.

Food/Drinks:
We loved the food. Buffet was great for breakfast. The Coco Cafe had great coffee. The Japenese place was our fav, went there twice. We didn't do the Hibachi grill, thats the only thing you need to reserve. Other than the Oceana resteraunt where we did wait awhile (get there early or prepare to eat late), we walked right in everywhere we went. For lunch we loved the outside area, those shrimp tacos were amazing and the crab wontons. Wow, so good. The outside grill area is great too, pizza/ice cream/really good hamburgers. Drinks were great too. Favs were the banana daquiri, and mojitos. If you think they are weak, ask for more booze. The old adage, ask and you shall receive it works! :)

Service:
Amazing, amazing, amazing. From the minute we got there, everything was fantastic. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. Always got a drink when we wanted, pool drink service was great. David, you rock!! Entertaining staff was fun and really got folks going with their dancing. There was ALWAYS something going on. They had fun coconut drinks one day, spanish lessons, alcohol tasting session, TONS of activities at night. Best service at any hotel we have ever stayed at, hands down.

Kids Club and Kid Stuff:
For you parents out there, great place to take your kids. For those of you coming here with your significant other and have no kids, go somewhere else. I would not come here if I did not have kids. This is the perfect family resort. There are kids everywhere!! My kids had a blast and we met so many cool people/families. The Kids Club was fantastic as well. The staff there was amazing, shout out Vanessa!! Such a nice thing to have and the kids loved it. Tons of activities for them.

Overall, this place was amazing and we would definitely come back. The one thing that kind of surprised me is that there were a lot of people there but it never felt overly crowded. We had no issues getting chairs or towels. There are tons of places to sit and hang out. The pool was huge and never felt cramped. You can not go wrong at this resort. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Trip advisor user and guest from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Greetings from the sunny Puerto Morelos!

We sincerely appreciate your note expressing your satisfaction with the quality of service you received as a guest at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

On behalf of the staff in Dreams Riviera Cancun we would like to let you know that it would be a pleasure to have you back again in a near future!

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

Rest assured that we will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

Again, thank you for your kind words. You are indeed very thoughtful.

Thank you from Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa´s Team

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!