I was satisfied with the Dreams and would recommend this resort to couples and families. First, let me start by saying that while there were a few bumps, overall the resort provided a great experience. Arrival was simple and fast. We stayed in the preferred suits, which I believe should be the regular rooms. I did enjoy the preferred guest lounge. And the WI-FI which was slow but served its purpose. We did request another room after we discovered that the lock on the patio door was broken and there was a wet rug in the room that smelled like mildew. The new room was cozy and comfortable. They even rolled in a very comfortable twin bed for my son. The room service was great. Housekeeping would get the room in order and have our shoes lined up, nice and neat. The bar was restock everyday and fresh towels wasn't a problem at all. The pool area was the absolute best. Never too crowded. The pool bar did close a little early, around 6. There was always entertainment especially at night. For me, that was a huge plus. You can stay on the resort. they even bought the "Playa DE Carmen" shopping to us one night. I would give the food 4 stars. The Mexican restaurant was the worst. The buffet was inconsistent; get there when they open. The Asian and Italian was the best. The french was good too but does not allow children the waiters are too "fancy" and men are required to wear collar shirts and long pants. The drinks are best when you request that the bartender use top shelf. Room service and the poolside grill was okay too. The child care center was the absolutely BEST! My son had a great time rock climbing and trying new things like euro bungee. He even camped out on the beach while watching Rio on the big screen and cooking marsh mallows. The staff was awesome and very caring. Warning: DO NOT participate in the timeshare/ club presentation. Shut them down right away. Don't say maybe later because if so, they will continue to harass you. Overall, we have a great time. I love the entertainment, games, dancing by the pool and Mexican night. Yes, I would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos