I got married at the Dreams Riviera resort on May 2013 and it really was a dream.
I had some concerns before arriving at the resort as the finer details of the wedding had not been arranged - flowers/decorations etc, we had all the legal documentation ready and booked the places for the wedding ceremony and reception and booked hair and makeup appointments for the bridal party, but that was all. We arrived on the Sunday night and had an appointment booked with our wedding planner, Gina, on Monday morning. Gina took us through all the different options for everything to do with the wedding including any extras we wanted. We were keen to have the reception on the beach, however my husband is in a wheelchair which would just sink in the sand, but we were told that a wooden walkway could be made to allow him easy access. And that was it. No panic, no stress, everything sorted.
Hair and make-up was great. We all opted to have our hair "up" for the wedding so we made sure our hair was washed and dry before turning up and the ladies worked their magic. They were super efficient and everyone loved their finished hair.
Our flower bouquets, boutineers and corsages were beautiful - the pictures do not do them justice (I saw some other wedding flowers delivered later that week which were equally beautiful). They also lasted (without water!) for well over a week - a few of us kept the flowers to keep in our rooms.
Everything ran smoothly from the music for the ceremony (which we wanted slightly different to that suggested) to the cocktail hour to the reception where we found a path had been made AND decorated for us and they had even thought to make a ramp to the dancefloor in the center of the tables. The food was the best I had eaten at the hotel, it was superb. The DJ was great and the photographer was really professional and helpful - our wedding photos are beautiful!
I can't gush enough about my big day it went perfectly and was beautiful largely thanks to the organisation and professionalism of all the staff at Dreams from the maintenance staff to the waiters to the wedding planner.
This is a beautiful hotel, located a few Kilometers away from Puerto Morelos village which is worth a visit (I recommend the bike tour which takes you out there) small village which has not turned into Cancun or Playa Del Carmen yet.
We stayed in one of the wheelchair accessible rooms with a plunge pool. When we checked into the hotel we had not been given an accessible room, but after talking with the concierge, they kindly made a room available for us. The only real difference between this room and a "normal" room of the same type is that there are grab rails fitted in the shower room and toilet. There is a step out to the terrace which the hotel have built a ramp for - which it appears is transferable between rooms, and is quite smart - not just a knocked up wedge. Further to this there is an additional small step before reaching the plunge pool, which we just about managed to crawl down.
The Hotel Lobby is a great space for congregating and pre/post dinner drinks. Drink strength can vary, this happens when alcohol is poured at will into a glass. I had no complaints I sure managed to get my alcohol fix! (I recommend trying some "shots")
The restaurants are good, I think the Asian, French and Italian stand out for me. The World Cafe buffet suited all our groups tastes - children, vegetarians, the general fussy eaters. Service was variable between restaurants. There are not many waitors in the restaurants and large groups were sometimes a struggle.
The pools are not huge, but you are still able to have a lazy swim round them. It surprised me that people were not round the pool early, so it is possible to get in a few lengths before 8.30am. The infinity pool is beautiful, the other pool has games/activities in and there is a shallow children's pool all located near each other. Despite being late risers we never struggled to get a seat by one of the pools.
There is a large range of activities at the hotel for those who like to keep busy, Puerto Morelos is not far and offers some more options. Games/events at the pool are really fun (even if you are just a spectator) and gives the hotel a really fun atmosphere. There is a good mix of people from "spring breakers" to families which is really refreshing. The hotel Staff at this hotel are polite fun and helpful and really top this hotel off. I highly recommend a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos