“Dream wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
London, United Kingdom
“Dream wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wedding:
I got married at the Dreams Riviera resort on May 2013 and it really was a dream.

I had some concerns before arriving at the resort as the finer details of the wedding had not been arranged - flowers/decorations etc, we had all the legal documentation ready and booked the places for the wedding ceremony and reception and booked hair and makeup appointments for the bridal party, but that was all. We arrived on the Sunday night and had an appointment booked with our wedding planner, Gina, on Monday morning. Gina took us through all the different options for everything to do with the wedding including any extras we wanted. We were keen to have the reception on the beach, however my husband is in a wheelchair which would just sink in the sand, but we were told that a wooden walkway could be made to allow him easy access. And that was it. No panic, no stress, everything sorted.

Hair and make-up was great. We all opted to have our hair "up" for the wedding so we made sure our hair was washed and dry before turning up and the ladies worked their magic. They were super efficient and everyone loved their finished hair.

Our flower bouquets, boutineers and corsages were beautiful - the pictures do not do them justice (I saw some other wedding flowers delivered later that week which were equally beautiful). They also lasted (without water!) for well over a week - a few of us kept the flowers to keep in our rooms.

Everything ran smoothly from the music for the ceremony (which we wanted slightly different to that suggested) to the cocktail hour to the reception where we found a path had been made AND decorated for us and they had even thought to make a ramp to the dancefloor in the center of the tables. The food was the best I had eaten at the hotel, it was superb. The DJ was great and the photographer was really professional and helpful - our wedding photos are beautiful!

I can't gush enough about my big day it went perfectly and was beautiful largely thanks to the organisation and professionalism of all the staff at Dreams from the maintenance staff to the waiters to the wedding planner.

Hotel, general:
This is a beautiful hotel, located a few Kilometers away from Puerto Morelos village which is worth a visit (I recommend the bike tour which takes you out there) small village which has not turned into Cancun or Playa Del Carmen yet.

We stayed in one of the wheelchair accessible rooms with a plunge pool. When we checked into the hotel we had not been given an accessible room, but after talking with the concierge, they kindly made a room available for us. The only real difference between this room and a "normal" room of the same type is that there are grab rails fitted in the shower room and toilet. There is a step out to the terrace which the hotel have built a ramp for - which it appears is transferable between rooms, and is quite smart - not just a knocked up wedge. Further to this there is an additional small step before reaching the plunge pool, which we just about managed to crawl down.

The Hotel Lobby is a great space for congregating and pre/post dinner drinks. Drink strength can vary, this happens when alcohol is poured at will into a glass. I had no complaints I sure managed to get my alcohol fix! (I recommend trying some "shots")

The restaurants are good, I think the Asian, French and Italian stand out for me. The World Cafe buffet suited all our groups tastes - children, vegetarians, the general fussy eaters. Service was variable between restaurants. There are not many waitors in the restaurants and large groups were sometimes a struggle.

The pools are not huge, but you are still able to have a lazy swim round them. It surprised me that people were not round the pool early, so it is possible to get in a few lengths before 8.30am. The infinity pool is beautiful, the other pool has games/activities in and there is a shallow children's pool all located near each other. Despite being late risers we never struggled to get a seat by one of the pools.

There is a large range of activities at the hotel for those who like to keep busy, Puerto Morelos is not far and offers some more options. Games/events at the pool are really fun (even if you are just a spectator) and gives the hotel a really fun atmosphere. There is a good mix of people from "spring breakers" to families which is really refreshing. The hotel Staff at this hotel are polite fun and helpful and really top this hotel off. I highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor User,

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay in Dreams Riviera Cancun.

It was a pleasure to be the Host of such an important celebration as your wedding!

It was a pleasure to hear that everything in your stay went smoothly and as pleasant as expected

Thank you very much for the detailed review your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

We hope to have you back soon for the wedding anniversary!

Regards from Dreams Riviera Cancun

2,614 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband, kids 14 and 8, my parents and myself just spent a week at this resort. We had a great time. At first glance, the menus look a little scary but everyone enjoyed the food, even my picky one. Drinks were good and bars were easily acceptable. The beach has white sand but the water was murky and brown. I got stung by a jellyfish while snorkeling close to shore. Nonmotorized water sports were great! Rooms were fine, but lack of privacy in the bathroom area. I was sick the entirw week, the doctor therewas very nice and helpful, but prices are high. Great place for vacation. We are going to try Tulum area next time, supposed to be beaubeautiful beaches.

• Stayed June 2013
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor User,

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy our restaurants and food even when sometimes Mexican Food is a little scary you can see it is very tasty too.

Our entertainment team will keep working on organizing different activities for you to enjoy your stay and it is always good to know that the water sport activities will be a top on the guest´s choices.

We value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This review is geared towards normal human beings that don't nit pick over the silliest things. "Too many kids at this resort!" Here's a thought, go to the awesome adults only resort up the road. "The drinks aren't strong!" Here's a thought, ask for another shot of booze. Reading some of these reviews has been comical to say the least. So for all you non-anal, generally happy folks, here is my take on the best family vacation we have ever had.

Transportation:
Let's start with transportation. We got a van through Amstar, they were ready for us at the airport. No waiting for a bus in the heat, cause goodness with that humidity, its hot! Ride took about 20 minutes. I will admit the hotel doesn't look like much at 1st glance, wait until you get in the lobby.

Preferred Club:
I have seen mixed reviews on this. We loved it and used it everyday. Got it mainly because we wanted an upgraded room, but we used it everyday for breakfast, internet, but mainly evening cocktails. I would recommend upgrading based on our positive experiences with this service.

Room:
We got an upgraded master suite that had a family room/kitchen area seperated by a divider. I love my children dearly but we need our own space. We got a pull out and roll away bed for my son and daughter (ages 7/5). We were facing the ocean full on and were at the end of the front side of the building. If we had to complain about one thing, the sheets were a little rough. Would have hoped they would be softer, but at the end of the day we were so tired, wasn't that bad. Had a hot tub on the balcony which we did use on occasion. Great balcony and that view was worth every penny. Also read lots about noise in the hotel. We heard nothing, nada, zip....maybe its cause we were on the end away from the lobby. The lobby area can get loud at night on the weekends. Bring ear plugs nit pickers, if you are having a good time you will be partying with the loudies or dead asleep from a long day of booze and pool time.

Food/Drinks:
We loved the food. Buffet was great for breakfast. The Coco Cafe had great coffee. The Japenese place was our fav, went there twice. We didn't do the Hibachi grill, thats the only thing you need to reserve. Other than the Oceana resteraunt where we did wait awhile (get there early or prepare to eat late), we walked right in everywhere we went. For lunch we loved the outside area, those shrimp tacos were amazing and the crab wontons. Wow, so good. The outside grill area is great too, pizza/ice cream/really good hamburgers. Drinks were great too. Favs were the banana daquiri, and mojitos. If you think they are weak, ask for more booze. The old adage, ask and you shall receive it works! :)

Service:
Amazing, amazing, amazing. From the minute we got there, everything was fantastic. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. Always got a drink when we wanted, pool drink service was great. David, you rock!! Entertaining staff was fun and really got folks going with their dancing. There was ALWAYS something going on. They had fun coconut drinks one day, spanish lessons, alcohol tasting session, TONS of activities at night. Best service at any hotel we have ever stayed at, hands down.

Kids Club and Kid Stuff:
For you parents out there, great place to take your kids. For those of you coming here with your significant other and have no kids, go somewhere else. I would not come here if I did not have kids. This is the perfect family resort. There are kids everywhere!! My kids had a blast and we met so many cool people/families. The Kids Club was fantastic as well. The staff there was amazing, shout out Vanessa!! Such a nice thing to have and the kids loved it. Tons of activities for them.

Overall, this place was amazing and we would definitely come back. The one thing that kind of surprised me is that there were a lot of people there but it never felt overly crowded. We had no issues getting chairs or towels. There are tons of places to sit and hang out. The pool was huge and never felt cramped. You can not go wrong at this resort. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Trip advisor user and guest from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Greetings from the sunny Puerto Morelos!

We sincerely appreciate your note expressing your satisfaction with the quality of service you received as a guest at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

On behalf of the staff in Dreams Riviera Cancun we would like to let you know that it would be a pleasure to have you back again in a near future!

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

Rest assured that we will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

Again, thank you for your kind words. You are indeed very thoughtful.

Thank you from Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa´s Team
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Food was the best , rooms were okay , but the worst part was poor airconditioning, restuarant service was pretty good, travel and tour service was not up to the mark, very poor room service ,
needed bottled water took ages to get it

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor user,

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to contact and advise us about your recent stay in Dreams Riviera Cancun. We were troubling to hear that you were not pleased with the quality of service we strive to provide to all our guests.

I am terribly sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations on your recent stay. I have discussed the concerns with the Room service and Maintenance Manager so they head forward in making the corresponding adjustments

It is our endeavor to consistently strive to maintain the highest levels of quality and service upon which we have built our fine, renowned reputation.

Thank you again for your comments and feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Awesome place, I definitely recommend staying there! Great service , friendly and hospitable staff, great food and activities! They offer free shuttle service to many areas and they always have something going on at the resort , I was never worried about my safety or the safety of the people I was with, an overall great experience!

• Stayed March 2013
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager´s Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor User

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun
I sincerely appreciate your kind words expressing your satisfaction with the quality of service you received as a guest at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

It is always a great pleasure to all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun to know that we have achieve on of our customer´s satisfaction

Rest assured that I will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Hope to see you in our adorable Resort in a near future!

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently returned back from staying here with my family and we all agreed that it was one of the best holidays we have had. Everything about the hotel was great. The rooms were beautiful, with great views. In our party there were 3 vegetarians and we never had any issues with food. In the world cafe it was sometimes difficult to know what was veggie or not as it was not indicated on the labels, however, there was always someone to ask. The service in the restaurants and around the pool was good, with everyone greeting you with a smile and responding to our requests quickly. All the entertainment staff were great, especially Rosy. They all ensured that there was always something to do, even on the rainy days.
We will defiantly be returning!

Dear Trip Advisor user,

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa sincerely appreciate your note expressing your satisfaction with the quality of service you received as a guest at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.

Again, thank you for your kind words. You are indeed very welcome to our beautiful Resort

We will be waiting to see you in a near future

Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Team
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Food - was okay. buffet is very similar every day and was very average.
Service - ranged from very bad to good. for the most part I would say slow and without a smile.
Kids - if you bring them they will have LOTS of others to play with. Many kids and babies here.
Location - very far from everything. one way to cancun is 50.
Bars - close early. lobby bar is only option after 6 and it is very hot and humid.
Liquor Quality - Bottom shelf
Room Service - 1 hr. minimum even at off peak times
Beach - lots of sea weed
Spa - very nice but cost was comparable to the ritz
Room - nice, had to make multiple requests for fridge restocking
BEWARE - they try to sell you a time share with a gift and raffle. say it is 90 minute lunch but took multiple couples almost three hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Trip advisor user!

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write us about your satisfactions and dissatisfaction during your stay at our resort.

Regarding the food and service we are going to pass on your comments to the Manager´s in charge of the quality of both, it is our en devour to make good experiences in all our costumers which is why we take very seriously the ones that left home without a good impression.

On behalf of Dreams Riviera, I would like to apologize because we could not fulfill your expectations. Please be sure we already took the right measurements and made several changes.
The world-renowned reputation Dreams Riviera Cancun worldwide is built on commitment to exemplary guest service. As client of the Dreams Riviera Cancun, we value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback.

Thank You!

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!