They go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. All employees are friendly and are always saying hi. Most speak english well enough. The grounds are immaculate. They groom the sand every morning. Excellent restaurants on property. Very nice pools. Nightly entertainment that was very good. Very nice not to have to tip at all since included - although we did tip a few people like houskeeping, bellhop, room service. Poolside waiters that are frequently asking if they can get you another drink. We probably did not get our moneys worth as we don't drink alcohol, but still had plenty of "virgen drinks" that were delicious. Even with all you can drink, we only saw one person that had "too much". Since not actually in Cancun, it was more of a couples and more mature adults. Few families with kids but great kid activity center that had different activities daily if you have kids. Definitely not the "spring break scene" which we were happy to avoid. If you want that, stay up in Cancun itself.
Beware of the resort cash they offer when you book. We didn't end up even using it as you could only use a certain percentage of it at once, and they only allow you to use it at a few areas like the spa - which was a bit deceiving and the only negative of the trip for us. Also, they will try to seduce you with$125 "cash" to listen to a 90 minute presentation on their hotel vacation deal. They wanted 27k for joining but we said no and got up to leave and then they offered a better deal last second for $8200 that included 14 nights "free" for 2 (which nearly pays for itself anyway) in addition to a bunch of other hotel discounts that actually sounded good, so for the first time ever in my life, we bought it. We shall see if I live to regret that decision or not.
Since we bought into the dreams/secrets hotel club, we will try Jamaica and the Dominican the next few times. But would not hesitate to return to Dreams Riviera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos