“Wonderful Family Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $350 Air Credit!
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Bedford, NH
“Wonderful Family Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, meticulously maintained and cleaned. Staff is friendly, helpful, always available and very hardworking. Yes, there are children everywhere, but if you do the tiniest bit of research, you will find that this is a family-oriented resort. If you don't like children, please stay somewhere else. If you do, this is the resort for you. Although there were many, many children, I rarely, if ever, saw bad behavior. I saw happy families with well-behaved children all enjoying themselves. We met some couples without children also having a good time...they probably did their research, so were not surprised by the many families and not bothered by children. A previous reviewer stated that children are not supposed to be allowed in the infinity pool, but this is not true. The swim-up bar even caters to them, mixing fun, non-alcoholic drinks for them all day. The only places in the resort I found that children were not allowed was in the two public hot tubs and in the French restaurant, and as far as I could tell, these rules are respected. My daughter has a tree nut allergy and we were taken care of from the moment we arrived, when the head chef was called to the preferred lounge to talk to us. He assured us that all food, even pastries, are made on-site and that nothing in any restaurant contained the nuts she is allergic to. My child was thrilled to be able to eat anything she wanted without fear. The head chef was also always around, in and out of all of the restaurants, visible daily, and always available for questions. I couldn't be happier. The food itself is probably what you would expect at an all-inclusive, although many reviews tout it as better than others. This was my first experience at an all-inclusive. I was always able to find something I wanted...choices are many and food is plentiful. Portions are small, but you wouldn't want them any larger, considering the sheer amount of food always available. I had some entrees that left a little to be desired, but was mostly very pleased. Children can eat off the regular menu, or will be offered traditional "kid" selections like pizza or chicken tenders. My children always ate off the regular menu and were very happy. My only, trivial, complaint is that the rooms are rather dim...there are plenty of lights, but none of them seem to cast light in exactly the right places, especially for applying makeup at night. (and even during the day...I always had to carry the makeup mirror to the balcony to be sure I didn't look like a clown!) We were on the fifth floor, in the building furthest from the spa. Although the hallways are echo-y and loud, as other reviewers have noted, we were never disturbed. Perhaps it was our location..I don't know...but we heard very few people in the hallways. As so many people are in and out all day, wet from the pool, and sandy from the beach, they could not possibly carpet the hallways, nor would you want them to. The hard floors allow them to keep the hallways clean all day. I am sure there are areas of the hotel that could be louder. If you are unhappy with your room, ask for another. Our first room had no WiFi signal and the jacuzzis didn't work correctly. When we called to ask if we could move, we were immediately accomodated. We were able to check out the other rooms that were available, then were sent help to move our luggage, no questions asked, service with a smile. As a comparison, if you've been to Disney World, you will find a similar level of friendliness, cleanliness, and attention to detail here. Book now...you will have a wonderful time!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

2,397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and i visited the resort recently and overall we were very pleased. The restaurant food and alcohol selection is better than many all inclusives however I wouldn't consider absolute vodka 'top shelf'. The beach is very nice (minus the constant seaweed) and carlos works very hard to make sure you are happy. The beach huts fill up very quickly so I suggest you get yours early. There are hotel personnel on the beach all day to make sure you are not bothered by the locals selling their treasures. We had a king room with a plunge pool and was very happy with the layout and decor. The staff is very, very helpful and work hard to make sure you are happy.

The only reason I didn't give this resort five stars was due to:

- the resort allows children. They are all over the place...in every pool, every bar and every restaurant. We would have had a better trip if there wasn't a family next to us with three screaming children at all hours of the day and night. Maybe the resort should designate one building for families and one for those without children.

-some of the nightly entertainment is questionable. We thought the band showcased on Friday evening was a KISS cover band until a fire performer came on stage with a S&M mask on. Not appropriate for a resort of this caliber.

-the dress code for the restaurants seems a little sexist. Women are in the cafe for breakfast with see thru beach cover ups and bathing suits yet a man has to put on a sleeved shirt. A man must put on long pants for dinner yet a woman can walk in with a skin tight, plastic dress with her children in jeans and that's ok. Management should take a look at the dress code and make some alterations to their rule.

We were told by The staff that the resort wasn't filled to capacity while we were there. The restaurantsseemed a little small for the amount of rooms In the resort and while many nights we had to wait for a table, the wait wasn't longer than 30 minutes. I don't think I would go to this resort during high season- a chair at the pool or eating before 10 might pose a problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I just spent a week at this resort, and we both agreed that this was the best all-inclusive resort that we have ever been to. This resort is very well run, organized, and spotless. The food was fantastic with lots of options. The drinks are top shelf. The staff bend over backwards for you and make you feel like royalty. Everyone from the Rene at the front desk, to Ramundo & Barneby at the World Cafe, to chef Havier, to Eric at the bar by the beach, to Manuel with the entertainment team (I could go on and on), all make this resort what it is.
The only complaint is that there were so many young children. Not that I have something against kids, but there were just too many and a bit disruptive at the restaurants and pools. Furthermore, children are not supposed to be allowed into the infinity pool which has a swim up bar, yet it is not enforced at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just returned from Dreams Riciera Cancun with our 10 nonth old son Oliver.
We used Apple vacations who provided a direct shutltle from the airport, we were at the resort in 20 minutes. We upgraded to the preferred lounge which allowed us a VIP check in with champagene in their lounge, nice touch with yummy appetizers on hand.
The room was fantastic lots of room, we were able to put Olivers crib in the hallway so he had a quiet sleeping area, the balcony was spacious and the jacuzzi spacious. We were up early at 5am and were able to order room service and watch the sunrise.
Beautiful well maintained beach, great pools and lots of seating options, we found a cabana area where we set up camp, get you towels out early (6am) to reserve.
The restaurants were great, enjoyed the Mexican, Italian and Japanese (you have to get in line at 4.45pm to reserve Hibachi table) The World cafe was great for breakfast. The bar in the main lobby had the best drinks.
Staff were helpful and friendly, always willing to help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a great time! All inclusive and lots to do. We went with a large group and had a lot to do for everyone. If you drink on the beach, look for Carlos. I did not give 5 stars because the food was average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gets sun during the day so the pool on your balcony is warm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mission, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Dreams has a golf deal with the grand coral resort(30min taxis ride) that is very good. $85 from7am till 1pm and $50 after 1. Taxis costs are $36 each way(1-4 persons).Golf and taxis can be booked at the hotel and you bring you voucher to the course and pay there. We booked 4 times after 1 but always showed up before 1230 and got on almost at once. Played in 4hrs(it is dark at545)There are rentals at $45(pings) beverage cart(us prices) and nice on course washrooms.Bring your ball retriever as there is lots of water on the course. We brought our own clubs on westjet airlines for $23each way. Good course with nice people running it. i

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just wanted to write a quick review for all those potential DRC brides out there still trying to make the decision on if to hold your even at this resort or not. Stop looking for any other resort chain, this hotel was the most perfect place for my wedding. I did the Love package and paid for the DJ who was just great, I would suggest paying for his services. I had a dance floor on the pool deck, and the ceremony was just a breeze. I brought all my own decorations and little touches and lorena set everything up for me. I never had to stress. Everything was perfect. All my guests had the best time. This resort is a crowd pleaser. The rooms are spectacular, top shelf booze in the swim up, and the restaurants are among the best most of my guests have seen at a resort. I had a crowd who loves high end and top shelf, and who have frequented many 5 star resorts under the sun, and this was ranked high for everyone. Just go and see. You wont regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!