A beautiful hotel, meticulously maintained and cleaned. Staff is friendly, helpful, always available and very hardworking. Yes, there are children everywhere, but if you do the tiniest bit of research, you will find that this is a family-oriented resort. If you don't like children, please stay somewhere else. If you do, this is the resort for you. Although there were many, many children, I rarely, if ever, saw bad behavior. I saw happy families with well-behaved children all enjoying themselves. We met some couples without children also having a good time...they probably did their research, so were not surprised by the many families and not bothered by children. A previous reviewer stated that children are not supposed to be allowed in the infinity pool, but this is not true. The swim-up bar even caters to them, mixing fun, non-alcoholic drinks for them all day. The only places in the resort I found that children were not allowed was in the two public hot tubs and in the French restaurant, and as far as I could tell, these rules are respected. My daughter has a tree nut allergy and we were taken care of from the moment we arrived, when the head chef was called to the preferred lounge to talk to us. He assured us that all food, even pastries, are made on-site and that nothing in any restaurant contained the nuts she is allergic to. My child was thrilled to be able to eat anything she wanted without fear. The head chef was also always around, in and out of all of the restaurants, visible daily, and always available for questions. I couldn't be happier. The food itself is probably what you would expect at an all-inclusive, although many reviews tout it as better than others. This was my first experience at an all-inclusive. I was always able to find something I wanted...choices are many and food is plentiful. Portions are small, but you wouldn't want them any larger, considering the sheer amount of food always available. I had some entrees that left a little to be desired, but was mostly very pleased. Children can eat off the regular menu, or will be offered traditional "kid" selections like pizza or chicken tenders. My children always ate off the regular menu and were very happy. My only, trivial, complaint is that the rooms are rather dim...there are plenty of lights, but none of them seem to cast light in exactly the right places, especially for applying makeup at night. (and even during the day...I always had to carry the makeup mirror to the balcony to be sure I didn't look like a clown!) We were on the fifth floor, in the building furthest from the spa. Although the hallways are echo-y and loud, as other reviewers have noted, we were never disturbed. Perhaps it was our location..I don't know...but we heard very few people in the hallways. As so many people are in and out all day, wet from the pool, and sandy from the beach, they could not possibly carpet the hallways, nor would you want them to. The hard floors allow them to keep the hallways clean all day. I am sure there are areas of the hotel that could be louder. If you are unhappy with your room, ask for another. Our first room had no WiFi signal and the jacuzzis didn't work correctly. When we called to ask if we could move, we were immediately accomodated. We were able to check out the other rooms that were available, then were sent help to move our luggage, no questions asked, service with a smile. As a comparison, if you've been to Disney World, you will find a similar level of friendliness, cleanliness, and attention to detail here. Book now...you will have a wonderful time!
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Venere, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.