“honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Dublin, Ireland
“honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our honeymoon at dreams riveria, we stayed for 11 nights in a garden view deluxe room, The room was amazing, huge comfortable bed, jacuzzi, lovely spacious bathroom and it was cleaned twice daily, we were glad we did not spend the extra for preferred club as we never saw anyone use their outdoor pools, they were mostly in the shade and offered no privacy at all.
The food was good but a little too Americanised for us, everything was over flavoured with salt and sugar. Bordeaux and the Seaside grill were definetly the highest quality food and the paella at luchtime was very good, we did not enjoy the Italian or Mexican restaurants at all.
The complex itself is spotless and the staff were fantastic always smiling and worked effortlessly to ensure you were well looked after. The main compaint we had was the overly loud music blasting everyday at the pool areas, it was unneccessary, we spent most of our time on the beach for a little more peace and quiet. There were alot of kids in this resort and also a lot of family reunions for weddings so def not the most peaceful.
We walked into Puerto Morelos a couple of times along the beach and it was lovely.
We also visited Sandra in the Jungle Spa, this is absolutely worth the trip, the best massages you will ever get for $60 for 1.5 hours.
Overall a fantastic holiday

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor User,

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun!!

It´s a pleasure for us to hear that your husband and you had a great time at our beautiful resort and that everything was as you expected during your honeymoon.

Regarding the noise and loud music, I wiil send your review to the respective managers so thata they can balance the music for all of our guests to be pleased.

Your kind comments help us to make sure that our employees are doing everything that is up to them to give out the high quality service guests deserve, rest assured that I will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

We are looking forward to having you as guests again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Polish first
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my first time at an all-inclusive resort. So, truly - a vacation and not a travelling type trip. It took a while to get around that mind-set.

The resort is about a 20 minute drive from the airport. Our transfer wasn't included in our vacation package, so we paid $70 roundtrip for a private shuttle with Cancun Transfers for two people. Not bad. A taxi will run you 450 pesos one-way, and likely not nearly as comfortable.

The open-air lobby is gorgeous, leading out to a view of the pools and ocean in the distance.

We pre-booked for a Preferred Oceanview room and it was the best decision. Really, the view is worth it. I actually think it's better than Oceanfront rooms as you're closer to the restaurants and lobby area. The only downside is that being above the pool area, it can get a bit noisy in the early mornings with staff doing their early morning set-ups. I wouldn't let that deter you. If you're on the highest floor (fifth) then that would be less noisy. But, then you might be walking up five flights of stairs if you don't want to walk over to the elevator.

The wireless Internet was terrible in our room. Basically, worthless. But with the Preferred status, you get access to a lounge that has computers with decent connection. Also, little snacks & hors d'oeurves when you just want a bite to eat.

Onto the food. I'm sort of obsessed with food, and I have to say all the meals that I had were enjoyable to some extent. Except for maybe the buffet, but I was only there late-night upon arrival. A good rule of thumb is to order anything with scallops and shrimp.

Bordeaux - French restaurant, fantastic duck entree. Extremely moist and meaty duck leg. Excellent sea scallop appetizer, good foie gras parfait brioche.

El Patio - they will flambe cheese & coffee. Very entertaining and delicious. The espresso that I had here was one of the best in the resort, pour it over some ice-cream and you've got an excellent affogato

Hibitsu - the Teppanyaki experience was entertaining, but nothing exciting food-wise. Don't stress if you miss out on the reso. It's just grilled veggies and meat. The butter they put on the fried rice was eye-openingly tasty. I liked the regular menu more, with a tiger prawn used for tempura and a nice coconut thai chicken soup. I would stick to the scallop and tuna sashimi only.

Room service - we had breakfast every morning on our patio, it was so luxurious to wake up to an egg-white omelette with cheese, chorizo and spinach. Fresh juices, coffee, pastries, home-made muesli with yogurt.

1 pm Paella - it's by the poolside grill. This was FANTASTIC. Better than any I've had in Spain. Loaded with mussels, clams, chicken, chorizo, pork ribs, huge shrimp.

Service all around the resort was very good and we were happy tipping them for it. Fabio is a cutie, super enthusiastic and entertaining - we're glad we went on the biking activity with him to Puerto Morelos.

I love beaches, but I did not bring myself to get into the water. Though warm, at certain times of the day there is a sludgeon of seaweed at the shore-break. I was happier sunbathing in the hammocks, by the pools and on my patio. It's a nice enough 40 minute walk along the beach to Puerto Morelos.

There are weddings every day here. As a guest of one, I can say it was all really nicely done - beautiful setting (if not the most private), entertaining mariachi band during cocktail hour. And an intimate dinner and dancing on the beach reception. They do provide bugspray, but our Deet worked much better. Also, I'm hopeful that our pinata legacy lives on. Viva el Spidey-Hombre!!

Room Tip: Get any Preferred Ocean View room, corner suites provide a bit more privacy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay in Dreams Riviera Cancun.

Regarding the seaweed at the beach we have a weekly cleaning by our staff and we try to keep it as clean as possible but it´s something we don’t have full control of since it´s a natural cause.

On the other side regarding the great service our staff members you mentioned gave you, rest assured that I will share your kind comments to let them know that you have recognized their efforts.

The world-renowned reputation Dreams Riviera Cancun worldwide is built on commitment to exemplary guest service. As client of the Dreams Riviera Cancun, we value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback.

Thank You!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Literally just got back. Didn't even unpack yet. This resort is so nice and very clean. I can't wait to go back. There was only one thing that I was not impressed with.......the entertainment was awful. The activities that were planned must have been planned by a 1st grader. Since we were not there for the entertainment it didn't bother us too much. The drinks kept coming and the beer was cold. Like I said I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012
Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your satisfactions and dissatisfactions during your stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

The entertainment staff is always looking forward to please guests; I will send your kind review to the entertainment manager so that he can come up with some more activities.

Thank you and we hope to have you back soon!
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went to this all inclusive for my neice's wedding last week. There was at least two weddings a day, every day...
My neice's wedding turred out lovely. She got married on the beach, had a cocktail hour near a hot tub w a three piece band and then a dinner on the pool deck. The whole event went smoothly, but I'm not sure if the lead up did.
The food at this resort was better than the other one i have been to. The mexican restaurant should have been open for lunch and dinner, not just dinner. If you didn't like buffets then there was only one other choice. the coffee shop was very nice, served great cappucinnos and the woman who served me every day was very nice.
In another restaurant we had to change tables three times, rain issues, and the staff could not have been more obliging.
the room that we had was standard, but had a great view and was beautiful and large. the bathroom had two sinks which was nice. the toilet was seperate, but was only separated from the rest of the room by glass walls and a glass door.
the halls were noisy and there seemed to be a lot of europeans yelling in the halls, but fairly quiet at night.
the internet was not great and cost $60/week.
I would recommend this hotel for couples especially.

Room Tip: my brother had a room with a plunge pool, but they didnt really use it that much. a nice idea, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write us about your stay at our resort. We are very sorry to hear thet we could not fulfill your expectations.

Regarding the noise, allow me to inform you that part of the security routine is to verify every night that everything is in order and try to keep guests as calm as possible for others to be able to sleep, on the other side this is something we can not take full control. I´ve already sent your kind review to the Security Manager so that he makes sure their staff is doing their routine correctly.

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable as possible.

Best Regards.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lovely hotel, great standards and fantastic food!! Explorers club is brilliant and my son loved it, pools great and beech was nice yeh it had sea weed but they cleared it regular. Sushi in main restaurant at lunch time was one of my fav!! Restaurant really good and cocktails really good

My few criticisms, we upgraded to a sea view and feel it wasn't worth the money, our room was small so little disapointed in that. Although there were some lovely weddings going on but lots and lots of families and big groups which meant lots of celebrations and not wanting to be a party pooper but we were kept awake quite a few nights by running up and down corridors and pool parties in plunge pool with rooms. We have a 18month old who likes to walk a lot and we had to have eyes in back of head as out side rooms there is drops straight down to overflows to plunge pools. Balcony wasn't suitable for him either and majority of high chair missing harnesses. Most weekend seemed to get busy and then we had to que for breakfast and things like bacon would run out. Also drove me mad the waiters would ignore my son at the pool bar and even take his order and still not give him what he'd asked for.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write about your staisfactions and dissatisfactions during your stay at our resort.

On behalf of Dreams Riviera, I would like to apologize because we could not fulfill your expectations. We are very sorry because you didn´t receive the high quality service you deserve from our staff, I already sent your review to the respective department managers so that they make sure that their staff is working as they should.

We highly appreciate your comments and hope you could give us a second chance to improve the image you have from the resort.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent hotel, choice of 5 different restruants, top-class food in all...Service 100%. Overall the staff all throughout the hotel couldnt do enough for us..they were just supberb....Service at the beach was just amazing, nothing has won that one since.........cant say enough about this hotel. There was a tropical storm there while we were there, hotel staff were just so helpful and amazing during the build up and on those tow days of that awful sporm in which our flight was delayed four days, during that time we were so well looked after....I would highly recommend the Dreams Rivera. Hotel ws so so clean, daily cleaning of our room etc...well done Dreams and keep it up...

Room Tip: Go ahead and book this wonderful hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor User

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun!!

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, it is a pleasure for us to receive this great comments since we can assure guests are having a pleasant stay at our resort and are receiving the service and attentions they deserve.

We appreciate your recommendations

Best Regards!
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was the best holiday in my life.I have been in Egypt,Tunisia, Turkey before always in 5stars hotel but Dreams Riviera was the best :) very well service every day. Food always fresh and tasty...various drinks available, candy-floss, popcorn and ice cream:) drinks service available on the beach and pool area:) 24 hours room service:) amazing entertainments every evening. Staff was friendly and professional.I reccomend Coco cafe where you can get various types of coffe...
Good cleaning service...

Room Tip: Please bring something for mosquitoes becouse was everywhere (evening time)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

It´s a pleasure for us to hear that your trip went out as you expected it and that you had a pleasant stay.

We hope to have you back soon!

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!