“Very nice and relaxing.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
“Very nice and relaxing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Literally just got back. Didn't even unpack yet. This resort is so nice and very clean. I can't wait to go back. There was only one thing that I was not impressed with.......the entertainment was awful. The activities that were planned must have been planned by a 1st grader. Since we were not there for the entertainment it didn't bother us too much. The drinks kept coming and the beer was cold. Like I said I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012
GerenciaDRERC, General Manager Assistant at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your satisfactions and dissatisfactions during your stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

The entertainment staff is always looking forward to please guests; I will send your kind review to the entertainment manager so that he can come up with some more activities.

The world-renowned reputation Dreams Riviera Cancun worldwide is built on commitment to exemplary guest service. As client of the Dreams Riviera Cancun, we value your patronage and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with our guest’s feedback.

On the other side regarding the great service our staff members you mentioned gave you, rest assured that I will share your kind comments to let them know that you have recognized their efforts.

Thank you and we hope to have you back soon!

2,622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Polish first
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went to this all inclusive for my neice's wedding last week. There was at least two weddings a day, every day...
My neice's wedding turred out lovely. She got married on the beach, had a cocktail hour near a hot tub w a three piece band and then a dinner on the pool deck. The whole event went smoothly, but I'm not sure if the lead up did.
The food at this resort was better than the other one i have been to. The mexican restaurant should have been open for lunch and dinner, not just dinner. If you didn't like buffets then there was only one other choice. the coffee shop was very nice, served great cappucinnos and the woman who served me every day was very nice.
In another restaurant we had to change tables three times, rain issues, and the staff could not have been more obliging.
the room that we had was standard, but had a great view and was beautiful and large. the bathroom had two sinks which was nice. the toilet was seperate, but was only separated from the rest of the room by glass walls and a glass door.
the halls were noisy and there seemed to be a lot of europeans yelling in the halls, but fairly quiet at night.
the internet was not great and cost $60/week.
I would recommend this hotel for couples especially.

Room Tip: my brother had a room with a plunge pool, but they didnt really use it that much. a nice idea, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write us about your stay at our resort. We are very sorry to hear thet we could not fulfill your expectations.

Regarding the noise, allow me to inform you that part of the security routine is to verify every night that everything is in order and try to keep guests as calm as possible for others to be able to sleep, on the other side this is something we can not take full control. I´ve already sent your kind review to the Security Manager so that he makes sure their staff is doing their routine correctly.

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel and Resorts to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable as possible.

Best Regards.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lovely hotel, great standards and fantastic food!! Explorers club is brilliant and my son loved it, pools great and beech was nice yeh it had sea weed but they cleared it regular. Sushi in main restaurant at lunch time was one of my fav!! Restaurant really good and cocktails really good

My few criticisms, we upgraded to a sea view and feel it wasn't worth the money, our room was small so little disapointed in that. Although there were some lovely weddings going on but lots and lots of families and big groups which meant lots of celebrations and not wanting to be a party pooper but we were kept awake quite a few nights by running up and down corridors and pool parties in plunge pool with rooms. We have a 18month old who likes to walk a lot and we had to have eyes in back of head as out side rooms there is drops straight down to overflows to plunge pools. Balcony wasn't suitable for him either and majority of high chair missing harnesses. Most weekend seemed to get busy and then we had to que for breakfast and things like bacon would run out. Also drove me mad the waiters would ignore my son at the pool bar and even take his order and still not give him what he'd asked for.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write about your staisfactions and dissatisfactions during your stay at our resort.

On behalf of Dreams Riviera, I would like to apologize because we could not fulfill your expectations. We are very sorry because you didn´t receive the high quality service you deserve from our staff, I already sent your review to the respective department managers so that they make sure that their staff is working as they should.

We highly appreciate your comments and hope you could give us a second chance to improve the image you have from the resort.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent hotel, choice of 5 different restruants, top-class food in all...Service 100%. Overall the staff all throughout the hotel couldnt do enough for us..they were just supberb....Service at the beach was just amazing, nothing has won that one since.........cant say enough about this hotel. There was a tropical storm there while we were there, hotel staff were just so helpful and amazing during the build up and on those tow days of that awful sporm in which our flight was delayed four days, during that time we were so well looked after....I would highly recommend the Dreams Rivera. Hotel ws so so clean, daily cleaning of our room etc...well done Dreams and keep it up...

Room Tip: Go ahead and book this wonderful hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor User

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun!!

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, it is a pleasure for us to receive this great comments since we can assure guests are having a pleasant stay at our resort and are receiving the service and attentions they deserve.

We appreciate your recommendations

Best Regards!
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was the best holiday in my life.I have been in Egypt,Tunisia, Turkey before always in 5stars hotel but Dreams Riviera was the best :) very well service every day. Food always fresh and tasty...various drinks available, candy-floss, popcorn and ice cream:) drinks service available on the beach and pool area:) 24 hours room service:) amazing entertainments every evening. Staff was friendly and professional.I reccomend Coco cafe where you can get various types of coffe...
Good cleaning service...

Room Tip: Please bring something for mosquitoes becouse was everywhere (evening time)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay in Dreams Riviera Cancun.

It´s a pleasure for us to hear that your trip went out as you expected it and that you had a pleasant stay.

We hope to have you back soon!
Oxford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

11.17.2012 -- About 25% of the staff had attitudes and either ignored you as you stood there waiting for a drink or food or just moved at a really slow pace. Our pool bar tenders would ignore the kids as they sat in the kids corner waiting for drinks most of the time i would get the drinks for them. We started the week tipping on the heavy side and that seemed to make no difference.One would think that for such a nice resort people would be happy to have a job there and management would keep an eye on how their staff interacted with the customers. #2 the ocean was loaded with sea weed probably the first 10 feet or so was like walking through a swamp. the bottom was mostly plant life and not very sandy. very few people actually went in the ocean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor User,

Greetings from Dreams Riviera Cancun!

We are very sorry that you didn´t receive the high quality service you deserve from our staff, We don´t get this type of comments very often but allow me to inform you that I already sent your review to the respective department managers so that they make sure that their staff is working as they should.

Regarding the ocean, it is very important for me to let you know that we are surrounded by a reef national Park, called major belt of reefs or Mayan Reef, as you can know this is a very delicate area and as well very protected, that is why we can´t go ahead with machines or make anything to disturb natural peace. We have the acknowledge of how important it is the beach in this destinations so that is why our staff dedicates several days per week to keep it as clean and clear as possible. Through these practices we fulfill our commitment with the environment and with the resort standards. We will strengthen the beach scouring.

We really hope you could give us a second chance to improve the image you have from the resort.

Big Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We arrived to Dreams and upon check in were brought glasses of champagne. We were given the lay of the resort and given suggestions on where to eat. The very large open air concept lobby was stunning. Beautiful ornate carved wood, oversized fans, a friendly little bar all leading to the beautiful opening of the resort. Walking down the stairs from the lobby you are transported to paradise. The grounds are beautiful and the employees work very hard to keep it that way.

Our room, garden view, was as described in other reviews. Spacious. comfortable, open. Our balcony faced a street to the south of the property, which was lined with beautiful flowereing trees and shrubs plus our own little view of the ocean. For me, the privacy of this room along with the glimpse of the ocean was better than paying any upgrade.

Our meals for the most part were very good. I feel like I missed out on good authentic mexican food. Bordeaux has the very best creme brule. World Cafe is ok but having a mimosa for breakfast makes everything better. My boyfriend couldn't get enough of CoCo's. Between the carrot cake and delicious Mocha's, we were there a lot. I would not eat at the Japanese place. I read the reviews and thought, can it really be that bad? It was. Nothing good to say about that meal aside from the service.

The Infinit Pool: Amazing, loved it.

The Beach: Has seaweed that they work very hard to keep cleaned up. I did enjoy the afternoon we spent on the beach under our thatch covered umbrealla.

The Spa and Gym: The gym was great, everything you need to keep up with your routine plus spin and cardio classes. We had our spa day during a morning of thunderstorms which was incredibly relaxing. We were in the series of spa pools getting wet anyway so the rain didn't bother us. We had a couple massage in a thatch roof room where we could very easily hear the roar of the thunder. We both had swedish massage which were good but might do a deeper tissue instead, next time.

The Bars: Swim up bar in the infiniti pool. Great service, and considering they put up with a lot of wild, intox people, I was impressed.

The Lobby Bar: In the morning and Early afternoon, you will be taken great care of. Not so busy at this time as everyone is trying to get sun or catch a siesta.

In the evening, Rafael will charm you with his smile and do what he can to accomodate all your requests.

The club, I don't remeber the name, but I remember the service, most of it. Jesus who ironically earned the nickname Diablo, made some incredible margaritas and provided us with about 7 too many shots of Don Julio. It was a great night but then next day, not so much.

We ate and drank everywhere and the one constant was the incredible, warm, and welcoming service.

At turn down service they leave you a newsletter of the following days activities, weather report, which restaraunts are open when, and a section of guests celebrating, honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Sometimes the information is wrong, for example, it will say El Patio is open for dinner, and when you arrive, its closed. No biggie.

The Entertainment Staff: Phenomenal.

We had quite a bit of rain while we were there and participated in many activities. We had our own dance lesson with Rudy. And lots of different things down by the pool. My favorite, tequila tasting. Sophia, Rudy, and El Jimador..made us laugh, entertained, educated, a got us a bit tipsy. Who knew I'd been drinking tequila wrong all these years.

The shows they put on in the evenings were very entertaining.Rocksimus Maximus Rock Show, or something like that, was fun. They perform the shows at the stairway leading to the lobby. There of course is a full service bar that serves during the show. They also have popcorn.

The resort is not large, you will not get tired by walking from one place to another but it is big enough that you don't feel closed in. This resort is family friendly but I think I would like to try an adults only. It can be very frustrating having a romantic dinner at Oceana down near the beach and having some 8 yr old kid take 25 pictures of their meal causing the flash to go on and on and on..

Oh and no worries, bottled water everywhere.:)..... Speaking of water, when it rains, the hallways flood and your room may flood a little too. Keep things of the floors.

I would absolutely go back, seriously, right now :)

Room Tip: The plunge pool rooms look nice but very little privacy. The ocean front rooms look mind blowing. I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor User,

Greetings from sunny Riviera Maya!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your pleasant stay at our beautiful resort. It is a pleasure for us to read this type of comments and knowing that guests are being treated as they deserve.

I´ve already sent your kind review to the respective managers so that they know that you have recognized their efforts.

We are looking forward to have you as guests again!

Thank you for your kind words, you are indeed very thoughtful.

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!