First trip to Mexico, although fairly well travelled and have stayed at All Inclusive resorts before.
Booked flights with Thomson and treated ourselves to their Premium upgrade. Flights both ways from/to Manchester were great. On time, hassle free, good flight crew and excellent service. The Premium upgrade as worth very penny. Would have no hesitation in using them again, and would definitely get their Premium service again.
Booked transfers and accommodation through Destinology. Good service from them and a good price. Have used them before and would have no hesitation in using them again either.
Trouble free passport/immigration. Nice airy airport with fairly speedy baggage collection. Rep was clearly identified at the exit, and we had a comfortable private transfer in air conditioned mini bus.
Arrival and check in
Transfer was about 25 minutes from the airport. First impression of resort was very good. Very impressive frontage and reception area. Checkin was hassle free and took about ten minutes max and we were brought a bottle of cold water and glass of champagne each pretty much as soon as we stepped into the hotel.
The room was on the fifth floor with a distance view of the ocean from the balcony. There are lifts up to each floor. Large room with big double bed, nice furnishings, room safe, flat screen tv and air conditioning. Alarm clock also had an ipod connector on it. Bathroom area had twin sinks, plenty of charging points, large walk in shower and separate WC. There was plenty of hot water, and the room was spacious and comfortable.
The resort has plenty of restaurants. It has a large buffet style restaurant which has a good selection of different types of food, Italian, Mexican, French, Asian, seafood and steak type restaurants. All serve excellent quality food with a good all inclusive wine menu as well as a good selection of other wines for which there is a surcharge payable. We generally had the Mexican white Blanc de Blanc in or the Merlot from the all inclusive menu which were fine. You could also have cocktails, beer or a good selection of spirits at each restaurant also. All of the staff were excellent and very helpful. Most were extremely polite and after being thanked would say 'you're welcome' or 'its my pleasure.' Very impressive!
The bars stocked a great selection of drinks, many of the spirits were international brands such as Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels etc. However, if you didn't specify a particular brand, you got the local brand which was ok but not as good as the international brands. Overall the service from the bars was excellent also. We didn't use the Desires bar/club but it did seem to be fairly busy.
Excellent. The grounds were constantly being cleaned and the areas around the pools and the beach were busy, but kept clean and tidy constantly. There were waiting on staff walking around these areas who would take your drink or food order at lunchtime. On certain days they brought literally dozens of fresh coconuts into the pool area, cut the tops off and fill them with alcoholic or non alcoholic drink. Some days brought rings of fresh pineapple brought round the pool and beach areas which was really nice. The toilets were constantly being cleaned. There was a lovely coffee bar which served coffees, tea and the like, fresh cakes, croissants etc all day long from 7am to 10pm. There is also a nice jewellery shop which sells good quality gear. The nightly entertainment took place on a 'stage' part way up the steps towards the lobby. A lovely setting and all the shows that we saw were great quality.
The entertainment crew in the daytime were energetic and good fun, trying their very hardest to encourage people to join in the daily water aerobics, volleyball, classes and activities. A couple of days each week also had fabulous gymnasts performing in the afternoon at the pool area. They really were great!
The beach was good, but to fair, I have seen better. That said, we really enjoyed a dusk walk up and down the beach most days.
A fabulous, quality resort, quite unlike any other all inclusive resort I have ever visited. The quality of the facilities, restaurants, bars, and in particular the staff were quite exceptional. Would I recommend it? If you are looking for a great quality all inclusive resort in the sun which isn't a 'party party' type place, it will probably suit you. Would we return? Too true, but would have to diet hard beforehand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos