“Great Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 | Chetumal–Puerto Juárez, Benito Juárez, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
leader
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed at the dreams resort this January and it was a great vacation! The food was probably the best I've had at any resort! Resort and rooms were very nice and very clean. We had a tropical view room facing the outside of the resort, rooms facing into the resort have a nicer view from the balcony, but this wasn't that big of a deal to us. From what i seen, i think the only true ocean view rooms are the honeymoon rooms. You can see the ocean from the ocean view rooms but you are not right out infront of the ocean, like the honeymoon rooms are. Overall good resort, great food, and good service. I seen someone elses review staying beside the dreams saying that the music was so loud, but I heard loud music too from about 9:00 p.m until 3:00 a.m and I thought it was coming from the excellence resort beside us. It definately wasn't coming from the dreams resort. The resort says it has wifi, they say it costs $60 per device per week and they give you a code. The wifi signal isn't very strong, and you don't really need that code but you do need a rouder that they will give you at the front desk if you ask for it.

Room Tip: The rooms that face into the resort have a nicer view than the rooms that face the outside
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (900)
  • Polish first
Syracuse,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great vacation. Ignore reviews that say otherwise. Very clean, exception friendly staff that goes above and beyond. Many activities included daily. Great choice of quality restaurants and bars with top shelf available. Try an ice beer. You won't regret it. Entertainment in the lobby nightly was top notch. Beach cleaned daily. I'd return in a minute

Room Tip: All rooms were naive
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We just returned from our wedding at DRC. We had 45 guests staying at the hotel, ALL of the guests were very impressed with our pick to stay at DRC. From the food, to the pools, beaches, and staff EVERYTHING was amazing. We can't wait to return to Dreams Riviera on our anniversay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

The resort is only 20 minutes south of the cancun airport. Food was good and we enjoyed the restaurants. We were part of a wedding group and everyone stayed healthy. The resort does not get a 5 rating for a few picky reasons. I was unable to get the mini-bar stocked with the kind of beverage I enjoy. It was a simple request to have more coke lite and less regular coke. I never did get through on that one. The resort entertainment at night was excellent to poor. There is real bad smell near the washrooms by the ocean grill. Do not light a match in that area! The resort does over charge for any wedding extras so be prepared to be pesos'd to death, it does add up. The wedding went well and they do weddings all the time. We noted night security on the beach which was nice to see. The beach was nice and the water warm. Overall a good time was had by all. We are not all inclusive fans so had it not been for wedding we would done something different. Being an all inclusive, we were quite surprised at how high the extra fees for bar service and a sit down meal were. We did expect to pay extra but not as much as $40-50 pp. however, they did provide excellent service.

• Stayed January 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We just returned today from Dreams Riviera Cancun and I wanted to write a review so I wouldn't forget anything. I will preface this by saying that the only other All Inclusive I have done is Beaches Turks and Caicos 7 times so I can only compare to that resort which I find perfect.

After spending mind numbing hours pouring over reviews and resorts we chose Dreams Riviera Cancun for a 5 day vacation. After reading the reviews here I got a little nervous about Mexico in general and this resort. DON"T BE. The resort was beautiful. I will detail all below.

Hotel - general layout was nice.
Hotel Cleanliness- the general areas and common areas were impeccable. While there, a storm passed through. Immediately after the storm- what seemed like an army of workers appeared and they immediately were out squeegeeing the water off of the walkways and cleaning debris.

Room- we picked the preferred club ocean view with plunge pool. Our room was outstanding. Yes the plunge pool was cold but that is to be expected since it is shaded and it is just that-a plunge pool-not swimming. The hot tub on the deck was nice to have. The room was spotless and the hotel staff did an excellent job cleaning and replenishing the room bar daily. As far as the preferred club-I could have done without it-it got us free internet in the room which I really didn't use. If you're looking to save money and don't care about room category-cut this out you really can do with out it. But I liked having the plunge pool and hot tub. Don't plan on falling asleep prior to 9:30 on some nights because of the noise from some of the pool parties.

Pools-the pools were well kept and clean. There were some small tiles missing out of the bottom of some of the pools but that is to be expected with pools that are so heavily used. The infinity pool was amazing.

Pool bathrooms-Were quite nasty. The one next to barefoot grilled smelled like sewage. The workers tried to keep up with the cleanliness-hard to do with pool bathrooms- but the smell was Horrid.

Food-As stated earlier I wasn't expecting much since I had read some bad reviews. The food was very good with nice selections. I've read the reviews of people getting sick. I had my suitcase loaded with AD medicine and we didn't touch it. I ate everything-fruit, vegetables, salad, fish, beef, chicken. Never got sick. Quite the opposite-I packed on the pounds.

Water-They have their own water treatment which means the water is safe to drink. We drank the house water(not bottled) with every meal at the restaurants and did not get sick. The only water I've heard not to drink is the faucet water in your rooms-but the restaurants were fine.

Service- the service was excellent. Unlike Beaches staff the staff at Dreams is more reserved. If you make eye contact with them and smile they will return it. We did not encounter anyone rude. The wait staff work their butts off. Tipping is optional. We typically would tip a dollar or two when the waiters or waitresses brought us drinks on the beach or at the pool. We noticed that not everyone did and did not hear any of them complain about service.

My biggest gripe is the scammers-fortunately we read trip advisor reviews prior to coming. Our package came with a resort credit. As soon as we checked in they took us to the side to give us the resort credit. This is where they suck you in. Just decline it-we told him we needed to feed our kid - they called us in the room two days in a row and implied that we needed to meet them that it was part of our package-we skipped it. If your hard up for the credit be warned this is the hard sell. Also our transfers from the tour operator tried to suck us into a sales pitch. They told us that we needed to sit in on a briefing the following day. We skipped that as well.

Entertainment-the shows were excellent. We watched the magic show and the fire and drum show. Our son liked the magic show and we all loved the fire and drum show. The staff have activities planned all day on the hour and keep you entertained if you want it.

All told I highly recommend this resort. It is clean, well kept, and the staff was extremely friendly. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Room Tip: Not much benefit to preferred club. We had ocean view which kept us centrally located
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Terrebonne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

great hotel, fantastic service in all restaurants and beautifull rooms. Only issue is the beach, needs a bit more upkeeping. Special thanks to Angel and Gregorio at Bordeaux restaurant.
The Club lounge is also a nice touch. Last suggestion, the small road between Excellence Resort and the Dreams Resort should definitely be re-paved.

Room Tip: Specify Ocean View rooms and if you can spoil yourself, go for the Club Preferred rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My family and I just finished a seven night vacation at this resort. To sum up my entire experience . . . it was amazing! The food, the staff, the location, the room, the amenities, and the activities were superb.
My kids loved every second of their stay too. They were excited to go to the Explorer's Club everyday. I felt safe allowing our children to stay there, and the activities were so enjoyable for them.
Also, the restaurants were much better than you would ever expect going into an all inclusive, and the room service was a nice touch on those nights we just wanted to stay in. Room service did occasionally take a while(45 minutes - 1 hour) so my tip is to order early. All in all though, we were extremely satisfied at every restaurant we went to with Portofino and Seaside Grill being our family favorites!
Overall, I cant recommend this resort enough. I feel safe in saying that you will NOT be disappointed! I have stayed at all-inclusives before, but this one has exceeded them all! By far our most memorable family vacation . . . huge thank you to Dreams and their staff!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!