Economical 1 or 2 bedroom close to beach & square

2 Queen Bedroom
This is the beach just steps from our door!
1 Queen Bedroom

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

DDreamsOf...
Mexico, Missouri
“8 Days At Home in Puerto Morelos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

First, the owners sent a plethora of information about the apartment, town, and local attractions (including maps) well before our trip so we were more than prepared for what to expect for these 8 days.

Before coming to PM we spent three days in Valladolid. We drove our rental car to PM. My hubby was just getting over Montezuma's Revenge when we arrived and the caretaker met us there less than 5 minutes after we arrived. The caretaker is a fantastic lady who took care of our every need.

We had gone on Google Earth and located the building before our vacation so finding it was no problem. We drove straight to it as though we had lived there our whole lives. Would recommend that to anyone who is renting an apartment for vacation, regardless of where.

Upon walking into the apartment I was shocked that it looked so much better in person than in the photos. Not that the photos look bad.. but this is just one of those places you actually have to see in person to fully appreciate. It is on the 2nd floor and the balcony/patio is HUGE and the view is awesome... not just that you can see the ocean.. but every bit of structure and nature around is quaint and beautiful. Even the small hotel across the street makes for a beautiful view. Terracotta tiles cover the floor inside and out. (I am a huge fan of terracotta) The breeze coming through the windows smells like the beach.. fresh and salty and coconut and pineapple.

The kitchen and counter tops are larger than they look in the photos as well and they got used a lot, as we shopped at the market in town and across the highway in the "non touristy" area where we found fresh chicken and pork, fresh fruits and veggies.. and by "fresh" I mean killed/picked the same day you buy them. It was so nice to be able to prepare meals from local vendors while on vacation instead of always being stuck with whatever is on a menu. For 8 days we felt as we actually lived there.

We were a two block walk from a beautiful stretch of the Mayan Riviera with white sand beaches and blue water. About the same distance to the cleaners/laundry/lavanderia and a few more blocks to restaurants and bars.

The only issue I had, and it was clearly MY issue and not the issue of the owner or property manager, was that my northern Missouri self was not as comfortable without air conditioning as I thought I would be. The days were fine but the first hour after going to bed was rough. I expressed this to the caretaker however and she immediately got us some extra fans! What a great lady! After the first hour, though, the cool breezes and beautiful midnight storms cooled the bedroom room fantastically and because we were on the 2nd floor we felt perfectly safe leaving our windows open all night.

If an air conditioner is a MUST for you.. they do have an apartment with one. Just let them know! I didn't think I would need it but I guess I am spoiled rotten to my central air.

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The balcony... Definitely the balcony.
Liked least: smallest bathroom
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Terra
mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Directorbabe
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
A romantic getaway
BobandJan...
Winnipeg, Canada
“Best winter vacation ever , No more All Inclusives for us !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for economical rental accommodations in Puerto Morelos this is the place to stay! Casa de los Viajeros owners Rob & Joanne's "Feature Sheets & Info Package" are outstanding......what you see and read is exactly what you get.....no surprizes here.
I first contacted Rob in mid Feb. and received his reply within hours (No waiting and wondering here!) , after a few more e-mails we rented suite #3 from March 26th - April 9th. The reservation and payment process was made easily with Rob's help , never once felt leary during the process.
Everything was exactly as promised : Step out the front gate ,look left and there's the beach less than a 3 min. walk . No need for rental cars in PoMo, everything is just a short walk away. If you like walking this is the place to come. Puerto Morelos is a great place to wander about , lots of great little restaurants and stores. We never once felt unscure walking about town during the day or evenings...everyone is out walking !
Our Favorites Memories :
Beach - Wow , now that's a beach...and cleaned every day
Food - Lots of great places , We liked David Lau's , La Casa del Pescador & I Wanna Pizza .......use Rob & Joanne's guide...Ya can't go wrong !
People - Met a lot of "real" people(Local)......you pick up a wealth of info here .
Atmosphere - PoMo ....Quiet.......Relaxing......Friendly.......You can really unwind here !
I could go on.....but you have to come experience it for yourself....you'll never regret trying something new !!
For Rob & Joanne : You made our stay wonderful and we will come back....hopefully for a month next year......you were right, 2 weeks are not enough !

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beach Time & Wandering around Town
Liked least: Going home...............
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
JazzyKaz
Winnipeg
“Nice Condo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here for only a few days in March 2012. We were quite happy with the condo and it's proximity to the beach and town square. The unit we had was on the second level and had a large private terrace with a hammock. It was extemely well appointed and had all the little things that you wouldn't think of bringing yourself. Lots of windows to make it airy and bright. I really liked the layout and the high ceilings in some parts.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The large terrace
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Management Response
Mar 17, 2012
Hope you can stay longer next time!
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Marty and Dennis
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Listed since : Jul 2009
Response Rate: 100 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 139 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing