“Even better 5 years later!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Jungle Spa is project for the local women of our community in Puerto Morelos. Our non profit organization provides the spaces and support for the local women to gather to creater an income to support thier families. They sell their hand made crafts and offer Mayan massage
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Even better 5 years later!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The jungle spa gave me the best 2 massages I have ever had in my life...5 years apart. We found this place on a whim back in 2009 and when we came back to the area this year, we KNEW we needed to book another appointment. Sandra, the owner, and the women are amazing! I cannot say enough good things about this place. She will give you a consultation to learn about you and what your everyday life is like in order to tailor the massage around your needs. I recommend the 1.5 hour massage and the aloe body wrap. I left this place feeling amazing and I will definitely be back anytime I am in the vicinity. Oh, and the prices are ridiculous! In the best way possible!

Visited August 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Jungle Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Your right the massages get better and better. The same women since we started 6 years ago so their intuituion is amazing and they find everything and work it out! So glad you enjoyed your massage. We will be looking forward tos eeing you again soon. Thanks for your review it is greatly appreciated. Hugs!

5 attraction reviews
“Xtabentun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Another great time at the jungle spa. So relaxing and therapeutic . Thanks again Sandra and "girls". See you soon

JungleSpaReina, Owner at Jungle Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Alwaya so wonderful to have you back for a massage! Xtabetun! and many hugs
Smyrna, Georgia
“Jungle Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

On the last of a 7 day vacation to Puerto Morelos we decided to get massages. We had rented a home and did not have the access to the spas on the all-inclusive resorts (thank God). Research guided us to try Jungle Spa and "BOY" what a blessing. Jungle is right to start with. The drive out (5 min from Puerto Morelos Square if you know where you are going) takes you off the beaten path and into the jungle. You get out of the car and walk down the path to a small village of traditional Mayan huts. At the main hut you are greeted by Sandra (I just had to hug her because of the energy/spirit she portrayed). She give a good history of the place, their mission and the Mayan healers. Allan and I chose the 90min massage while the ladies chose the 60min massage and aloe wrap. In 90 minutes my masseuse found knots in places I didn't know I had. There was definitely a lot of pleasure pains had there. After the massage we were given a summary of what was discovered during the massage (tight areas, stress points etc.) Upon leaving I felt like I had a new body. You must try this spa if you are in the area. If nothing else, drive out and take a look a the true traditional arts and crafts from the Mayan Culture.

Visited July 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Jungle Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for your review but most of all coming out to our spa with your group and so glad to hear you enjoyed our massage. They are unique and different. As I explain in my intro to all new people, we combine the old Mayan techniques with the new modern techniques and a little heaven and little hell. Really, all depends on what shape your body is in and what it needs, the women use their intuition and as you klnow they and everything. We hope to see you again. Thanks for your support. Kids going to school this week so we need all the help and support wr can get Hugs to you all
7 attraction reviews
“Healing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We found about the Jungle Spa through some friends. They told us that it was a massage unlike anything you would find anywhere in the world. When we got to the spa, (yes it is really in the jungle!), we were greeted by Sandra who told us some of the local history and what the mission of the spa was. Sandra then told us the history of the Mayan healers and their techniques which was all very interesting. We were taken back into some jacals and the massages started. After 1 1/2 they were completed. It was one both a relaxing a nd healing experience. At the end of the spa, the Mayan woman that gave you your massage then told Sandra what she found. I have been having some serious back issues, the lady told me I had a lot of inflammation in my lower back and hips. The massage helped a great deal with my back pain which has been negligible since the massage.

I highly recommend going to this place, get off the beaten path and away from the resorts and go to the Jungle Spa!

Visited August 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Jungle Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Yes we are in the Jungle ! I love to see the faces of people who come out and are so surprised.Iit is definatley Mayan Authenticity at its best! There is no better place to recieve massage like in nature. The women do a wonderful healing massage and find everyting.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, it is greatly appreciated and keeps us going! But most of all thank you for taking time on your vacation to come out to the Jungle for your massage and support our community tourism project!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Indigenous Massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked our second visit to the Jungle Spa in late July. There were nine of us all together. Four of us had been there before. The other five were new. We all chose the 1hr massage with a 1/2hr aloe treatment. It was fantastic!The aloe felt great on your skin and the massage was exactly how Sandra explains how it will be, a little bit of heaven and a little bit of hell. By the time you are finished you feel nothing short of awesome. Some of us in the group ended up skipping the aloe and getting a full 1/12 hour massage. This was suggested to those who needed more time to fully work out problem areas and it paid off.Plan on being here around two hours. You will want to hear Sandra's story. It was just as entertaining the second time as it was the first. It is extremely affordable and you will help support the local community. We hope to some day return for a 3rd visit!

Visited July 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Jungle Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks again for bringing your group. Normally you only need to hear my story the first time so you
are preapred for our massage UNLESS you bring another new group of people but glad to hear you like my story. Yes sometimse the hour is just not enough for some and they need the 90 minute so you can change your mind in the middle of the massage. Your group was wonderful! So gald you brought them out. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Hugs to all