“Find It And Go There” 5 of 5 stars

Calle Dos, Puerto Morelos, Mexico
998 208 9148
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Jungle Spa is project for the local women of our community in Puerto Morelos. Our non profit organization provides the spaces and support for the local women to gather to creater an income to support thier families. They sell their hand made crafts and offer Mayan massage
Spokane, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Find It And Go There”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I found this treasure through Trip Advisor. It is located a bit off the beaten path, but easily reached by car or taxi, which was part of the allure. My wife and I are massage therapy regulars and both had some of the best massages we've had at Jungle Spa. The setting is unpretentious, and we enjoyed the history as well as the local flavor given by Sandra the proprietor before our 1.5 hour sessions. The massage rooms are screened palapas so you feel a connection to the outdoor surroundings during your treatment. My wife received the aloe/banana leaf wrap and I had the deep tissue massage. Both were given by local Mayan women who use their skills and craft to great affect. We were surprised to have received our best-ever massages that day, but it's the truth. If you have the chance, go to Puerto Morelos and enjoy Jungle Spa!

Visited November 2012

colorado
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I had 90 minute combo massage and aloe/banana leaf wrap. It is hard to describe this experience. The massage is one of the best that I can remember. These petite Mayan women are very strong! They were loving, sweet, and..funny. We plan on going again during our vacation. Go with an open mind and heart ..and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Visited November 2012
“Definitely worth the sketchy cab ride into the jungle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed our massages at jungle spa. He got the 1.5 hour massage while I got the 1 hour + 30 mins of the aloe and banana leaf wrap. It was definitely worth the sketchy cab ride because we ended up spending less on both our massages, cab fare and tips than what we would of spent at our hotel spa for 1 massage. Not to mention, I believe 75% go directly back to the women who work there.

The only thing I would had liked to skip was the 15 minute lecture we got from Sandra. She's super sweet but I was just ready to get my massage. Oh and the music was a little strange. It was like 70's love songs. I would prefer either silence or the usual spa sounds.

This is definitely a place I would recommend to the sore, the sun burnt, open minded traveler. :)

Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was a truly one of a kind experience. The ladies are so great at what they do, and very friendly. I would truly recommend this place, for sure ten out of ten. Thanks ladies.

Visited October 2012
Albuquerque, NM
19 attraction reviews
“great time in mexico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

very relaxing. enjoyed the people and location good hands help relax with another margarita close at hand

Visited October 2012