“Great option” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After asking half a dozen people where to find this place, and being sent all over town we finally arrived. For the record, it is a block past Cantina Habenero, on the same side of the street, on the corner.

The smell is awesome, the price very cheap, and the chicken was delicious.

The salsa was too hot for us but I enjoyed the cabbage and peppers with the chicken. The tortillas were a bit rubbery..next time I think I would stop at the bakery and get fresh bread or rolls to go with the chicken.

Great food for value.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Moved Across the Street Opposite Side Further Down - Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is my type of restaurant in terms of its very nice and authentic
If you want to eat at Mcdonalds in Cancun you might as well stay home in the USA
Very tasty BBQ chicken you can see being cooked on a BBQ grill
I ate twice this time. I admit the first time it seemed not as good as my memory related - but it was later in the day and who knows
The second time - and i gave the place a second chance after a long term local told me it just must of been an off night - as he had the Ribs the night before and they were "just fine".
Anyways the meal was even better than my memory - along with quite a complement of tortillas etc
There was also a nice little cat who enjoyed pieces of chicken
Apparently there are two price lists -one for take-a-way and the other for eat in
They are clearly priced - the eat in may give you a beverage i am not sure
The staff seems to speak Spanish only with limited English but that should stop no one from a very nice and economical meal.
On top of that the one chicken meal was more than enough to eat
Even in spite of limited English the cook and server on staff ( one person ) understood to pack it up so i could have a tasty late night snack.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous Flavor at an Amazing Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had take out chicken from this place twice during our visit to Puerto Morelos. It was such a delicious and filling meal I can't believe a half chicken with sides was only 45 pesos. It comes with rice and beans (the beans are more like a sauce than I'm accustom to) cabbage, tacos and a hot sauce. During the time we were there we only saw a choice of chicken or ribs so the menu might change from time to time. It is only open during lunch until the food runs out, which is why one person had trouble finding it.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vernon, Canada
“Fall on your face Margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Although the drink was a little pricey for Mexico $10.00 it was like a triple and the girls need a swim and sleep after lunch the seafood cocktail were tasty the service was great

Visited March 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“A Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I love, love, love this restaurant. We kind of stumbled across it last year when we were honeymooning at the Secrets Silversands and wandered into Puerto Morelos, and the flavor of the meats and chickens simply left our mouths watering. The quality of the food is outstanding, and it is truly an authentic gem. When they asked us what we wanted to drink, my husband asked for a beer...well, it was clear that they did not stock beer (we didn't know that at the time), and they literally ran somewhere to grab him a Sol. It was pretty incredible. We liked it so much, we remembered to go back this year, and they definitely did not disappoint. Same quality of food, great price, and my mouth is still currently watering for more! Hopefully next year!

• Visited March 2012