My mother likes all inclusive resorts, so for her 70th birthday, I took her and my 4 year old to the Now Jade.
Lets start with the good. Kids club GREAT!!!! Spacious clean rooms. Swimmable, white sand beach. Not surrounded by other resorts. Got up early enough to claim 2 beach chairs under an thatched umbrella. Received coupons to use toward spa an gift store after I sat through a tiresome sales pitch. Great pastries. Nice Spa.
Now for the sad. Nice spa, groped by therapist. Reported it to hotel manager, then had to retell story to spa manger, all male, by the way. Tried to essentially blame me for not walking out (and causing a scene and have to report it to the male staff receptionist) etc. I was refunded the amount of the treatment.....but ewww.
Why do resorts think we all want to eat bad Italian food or quasi French cuisine or semi-Mediterranean fare when I am in Mexico? All of the interpretations of the international food were poor. Why not stick to Spanish/Mexican/South American influenced foods, something the chefs and cooks would excel at. Too bad for the unadventurous American who can't think to have anything else on their breakfast plate other than a slab of bacon. I love food and was embarrassed on behalf of Americans cringing , in front of the hard working cooks, at anything that didn't look familiar to their palate.
The gift shop was severely overpriced. My son ran a fever and I had to pay something like $16 for some aspirin / ibuprofen.
Was given the time share resort pitch expecting $150 USD the initial sales agent informed me I would receive. I even asked twice to be assured it was cash (I might need to buy a drink or pack of gum at gift shop). Nope, it was the vouchers, which I guess were OK, but when a girl asks for cold cash, twice, and is resounded to with a clear "yes", then somethings outright shady.
Room service was OK, but I never received anything that I ordered, but whatever they sent was OK even if there were 3 of us and 1 drink came.
My 4 year old had a great time. I was happy to sit on a beach and read a book between rain showers, and my mom had nice 70th birthday.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.