“Another Gem of a Property from AMresorts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Unidad 26, Mz. 20, Lote 1-1, SM. 3, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Another Gem of a Property from AMresorts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

The hubbie and I were fortunate to have stayed at the Now Jade Riviera Cancun, from June 5-12, 2010. As a couple, it was our 4th stay in the Mayan Riviera region. The hubbie has far more travel miles to numerous destinations, in different regions of the world, than I. Likewise, as a former sous chef for Trump resorts/casinos, he is far pickier than I, especially when it comes to food. In addition, unlike me, he has never enjoyed vacationing the AMresorts way. Therefore, I was a tad nervous that we were venturing off of the latest of our favorite resorts, to try the property formerly known as NH Riviera Cancun. We were drawn to this property because it had an awesome location, right next to the marina, with an outstanding beach, and, was a short cab ride to the wonderfully quaint town of Puerto Morelos. Finally, I felt, even as NH Riviera Cancun, the property would completely match our vacation priorities for this trip. Adding the management of AMresorts, I felt we were in for a real treat. We were not disappointed. In fact, we will be returning to Now Jade in 2011. I tend to be a bit verbose. Therefore, if you would like to stop here, and shoot me a pm to answer specific questions, feel free. If you like reading, continue on.

The Property: Yes, it is true, one is not wowed by the out door entrance, unless of course, one has a profound appreciation for the abundance of wild life (variety of birds) that visit the mangrove(and we did)(Tip: Bring binoculars). Yes, it is also true, on our day of departure only, there was a slight smell of sulphur(not sewer) in the early morning hours, around the entrance of the resort. But, as our private transfer (via AGI Tours) arrived, we were “Welcomed Home”. We were immediately wowed by the direct sea view from the lobby. We were also quite pleased with the decor inside Now Jade. There is a lovely fountain in the center, and the general theme of the decor is that of the sea: coral and shells. While the furniture could use some sprucing, the decor was beautiful in its simplicity. We enjoyed our daily finds of sculptures and sea life located throughout the lobby and the PC Lounge. The architecture itself is difficult for this layman to describe, but it had lovely clean lines and many little window-like areas where one could peek into other areas of both the beach, and the resort. We enjoyed finding those windows to the soul of Now Jade.

Size of Property: From the front door, to the beach, it is approximately one and a half city blocks. If one is staying in Building 9, we felt it was not a far walk to the lobby and restaurants. I found the layout confusing, but I can get lost inside a paper bag. If walking the beach, it is about a ½ mile from the water sports center outside of building 1 to the outside of building 9.

The Beach: Our first glimpse of the beach was directly through the glass doors of the lobby. It took our breath away. I had read that the beach is not so nice in Puerto Morelos. Well, the water was a beautiful turquoise, and Windex blue in some areas. Yes, there are some “rocky areas”, but one can enjoy a rock-free entrance in front of Bldg 1 and Bldg 9. I am sure there are other areas; however, those are the areas we tried. In addition, there is some sea grass that washes up; however, there are also employees who hand raked it daily. Sea grass was not a significant issue. We loved that one could have an ocean front view in the lobby, at Pure Restaurant, and at the buffet. A sea view could be enjoyed in Senses, Olas, and Cinque Terre (with outside seating of course).

The Lack of the Towel Game: For the record, there are 74 palapas on the beach, with two loungers and a table beneath each one. They can be found in three different areas: 34 were in front of Building 9. I didn’t count the others in front of the buffet seating, and in front of Building 1. We had no towel game issues outside of Building 9. In fact, on all days, there were empty palapas outside of Building 9 as late as 3:00 p.m. I truly believe part of the problem of the towel game, is that people simply do not put their towels in a bin when they are finished with loungers, so no one knows if they are saved or not. There are signs posted and a message in all additions of the SUNDIAL telling that reserving is not acceptable, and items will be removed and put in Lost and Found.

The Landscaping: First of all, Now Jade Puerto Morelos is in Puerto Morelos. Puerto Morelos is a National Park and protected reef. The resort is built over a mangrove. No rooms are directly on the ground. The first floor begins where the second floor would normally be. Therefore, even a first floor room provides a good view, and protects you from any unwanted guests, of the critter variety. Beneath the first floor, there were lovely plants. In a few spots, at the activity pool area, one could find hammocks. In addition, we could tell that AMresorts has recently planted new shrubbery, plants, and flowering plants. Right now, the palms and new plants are immature. With time, the plant life will grow and become much lusher.

Checking-In: As an anniversary surprise, the hubbie had arranged to upgrade from a junior suite ocean view, to a Preferred Club Ocean View. Therefore, we went directly to the PC Lounge for check-in. We were greeted in the PC Lounge by an outstanding employee named, Dalel. She was always professional; speaks English, as a second language, flawlessly; and followed through on any request or question we had. We landed at CUN at 10:15 a.m. and lucked out, as we were in our room by 11:30 a.m.

The Room - PC Ocean View Rm. 7303: First of all, after we choose a destination based on beach, the room (location, decor, storage, etc) is the next priority for us. We enjoy our balcony, and enjoy having things as nicely organized on vacation, as they are at home. We can’t function in chaos. Therefore, with extensive research prior to booking, I was completely satisfied with what I saw in photos of a regular junior suite, ocean view. That is why I booked it. Because we upgraded, I cannot comment on that room category. However, the PC OV room is beautiful, and absolutely awesome in the storage and layout category. We both had more than ample room for our things. We were located on the third floor, and were the first room after the ocean fronts. It was an excellent location, and afforded us an easterly view, where we enjoyed watching the sun rise over the marina. It was simply a stunning view. We actually felt this view was better than an ocean front, as it provided balance of the quiet pool, palm foliage, the ocean and the marina. I would highly recommend this room/or an easterly view, if you are a boat lover. The fridge was the first one we have ever experienced on vacation that actually kept the contents cold. The mini bar consisted of Pepsi Products, Ginger Ale, Orange Soda, mineral water, Dos XX and E Pura brand water, which unlike Crystal, offered at other resorts we have frequented, did not contain any sodium. Being a Diet Pepsi gal, I was happy. Being on a low sodium diet, the hubbie was happy. Upon entering the room, to the left is a completely private bathroom with solid wood doors, an exhaust system, commode/bidet and a sink. Bathroom privacy is not an issue at Now Jade. The living area and bedroom both have their own climate control, ceiling fan, and flat screen TV. If traveling with a family, the doors to the bedroom and dressing area can be completely closed, providing privacy. There is a round table with two chairs (and lighting overhead) in front of the outlet to plug in your pc. The sofa was comfy, and the ottoman beneath the flat screen was a lovely place to put any towel friends one may receive. Last but not least, in the living area, there is an opening for the balcony. WARNING: There is no handle to help you open it once outside on the balcony. One must use ones hand, on the glass, to slide it open. Some improvement could be made in this area. The balcony......we are truly balcony people. There were two faux rattan chairs and a round table, and last but not least, there was the Jacuzzi. The hubbie and I are not thin people, and it easily fit both of us. Privacy issues on the balcony....there is a solid wall all the way up until approx 2 feet from the ceiling. This layout afforded total privacy. One of the things I liked the most about this room, and all the rooms at Now Jade....the balconies are tempered glass, so even shorties like me can see everything. It was simply beautiful. Room storage.....There were two huge closets that even this over packer could not fill. Ladies, a tip, pick the closet on the right (vanity facing), as it did not have the safe or ironing board, and offered more room. There was a double vanity, with a large shelf beneath for all of your traveling essentials. The Sunbeam 1200 watt hair dryer and magnifying mirror was to the left, so ladies, you may want to set up shop on that side. The shower was a rain shower. We never had hot water or water pressure issues. There was an expandable drying cord in the shower, and shelving for shower products. The sheets were not Egyptian cotton, but we did not pay for the Ritz. However, the bedding was quite nice, and the bed was the most comfortable we have enjoyed in our travels anywhere.

The Jacuzzi on the balcony: We absolutely loved the Jacuzzi on the balcony and used it pretty much every night. It was spotless when we arrived, and it was kept that way each day by our wonderful housekeeper. We had no issues with mosquitoes.

The Pools: We usually like to participate in things arranged by the activities team. However, on day 1, we went to the activity pool, and frankly, it was just too noisy for us. Perhaps, we are just getting old and boring. More importantly, there were too many children at the swim-up bar. However, this is not an issue AMresorts is responsible for, rather, it is an issue of parents who find it cute. Since we are accustomed to traveling in May, when children are rare, it is not an issue we have ever had to deal with. After also seeing groups of 18 year olds, who just graduated high school, and were obviously traveling with their parents, doing shots at the swim-up bar, we knew we would spend our time at the Quiet Pool. The Quiet Pool is open to everyone. There were many other adults staying on the non-PC side, who felt the activity side was too noisy, and walked over to enjoy the Quiet Pool. No, it was not boring. We enjoyed making new friends at the Quiet Pool. The Quiet Pool was a combo of a swim up bar, and a gorgeous infinity pool. It was clean, and refreshing. If you are in the pool, shade can be found beneath the swim up bar, and hammocks that sway in the breeze, over the water. Francesco is an outstanding bartender, and Tomas and Antonio worked tirelessly on beach/pool wait service. There is plenty of shade at the Quiet Pool. There are 12 canopied Bali Beds, at least 13 umbrellas, and 5 shaded hammocks over the pool. The hardest working man at Now Jade is Felipe. He always had the towels on the loungers, cleaned up after those who left trash behind, set up the umbrellas, and tidied the canopies for the Bali Beds. If you wanted shade, Felipe would find an umbrella and move it for you. We saw him carry the base (filled with cement), on his head. If you see Felipe, give him a great big, “Hola!”, and a nice tip. He works diligently. Our only issue with the Quiet Pool was the music. I nearly puked hearing an “Enya Like” band covering the Rolling Stones. “Paint it Black” should not be covered by elevator music. But....it is a Quiet Pool! lolol

The Food: Yes, as in every other resort I have been to, depending on occupancy, there were at least two restaurants closed each night. The info on closing was available in the SUNDIAL. It was no big deal. The buffets had nightly themes for dinner.....Asian, Italian, and Spanish. We never dined at the buffet for dinner, but we did hit it for dessert. Desserts are awesome at Now Jade, especially if you are a dark chocolate lover. In addition, on Saturday, there was a Mexican fiesta with mechanical bull rides. We missed it. There was also a Caribbean festival on Wednesday. We chose not to dine outdoors, but the band was playing awesome Latin music. The actual food....Where do I begin? Well, we both gained about 5 lbs. When we dined at around 7:30 p.m., we were seated right away. If we arrived around 8:00 p.m. or later, there was a 15 or 30 minute wait time. It was no biggie, and we consider it to be a standard(if not a shorter) wait time when dining in any restaurant in the US. We simply took the pager, and enjoyed a cocktail. The restaurants: I will rate the restaurants according to our preference: Pure for dinner (2X), Cinque Terre(Italian)(2X), Senses(2X), Mexican. We only had poor service once, on our first visit at Cinque Terre. It just wasn’t cohesive. They were not a team. We also enjoyed the Olas for a la carte lunch on two different occasions. The food was outstanding at Olas, but we often had to ask for something twice. In their defense, they were setting up for a big wedding rehearsal dinner. It really was not much of an issue for us, as we were on vacation. Room Service: Each day, I ordered a pot of tea and coffee from room service at 6:00 a.m., and each day, it arrived at 6:30 a.m. We also enjoyed room service for a full breakfast twice, including the day we checked out, at 6:30 a.m. We called it in at 6:00 a.m., and it arrived at 6:30 a.m. We just told them we were checking out, and they had it in the room, hot and fresh. We made it in more than enough time to check-out at 7:00 a.m. It was a typical room service breakfast. It came quickly, and was hot, but something was lost in translation. If you order pancakes, ask for syrup. On another occasion, we ordered pepperoni pizza, and it was surprisingly good. However, french fries do not transport well. Our favorite lunch place was at the grill at the Quiet Pool. Chicken, Flank Steak, Grouper, Burgers, Hotdogs, Chips, Pico Quac, and my fave.....grilled burritos. The hubbie even had them make him a grouper burrito. Last, but not least, the breakfast buffet was out of this world. It appears small; however, it packs a huge punch. It is cool inside, and there is seating outside. There were two cooked to order egg station, with quite a large selection of ingredients for omelets; there was a fabulous fresh juice selection which included the usual breakfast juice fare, and I was surprised to find both beet and celery juice. However, I wasn’t brave enough to try them. There was a Mimosa/Bloody Mary station; a freshly blended smoothie station; a yogurt bar and Yoplait (Regular and Light); a cereal bar; and a toaster with bagels, white and wheat bread, and slice your own bread. All breads were fresh. There was a huge Mexican selection; french toast and pancakes with many toppings; and the usual breakfast fare, i.e. hash browns, sausage and bacon. Finally, the buffet included my breakfast favorite, croissants and these little chocolate pastries. The chocolate pastries were just one of the freshly made pastries offered at Now Jade. The tea is a free trade brand. Yes, they have Splenda. Service was outstanding each day.

Entertainment: We did not participate in day time activities, so I cannot comment. However, I was completely impressed with the variety of the nightly entertainment. There were so many different things to do at night, at the same time. So, if you didn’t want to do “A” at 7:30 p.m., you could do “B” offered at the same time. Current DVD releases were shown at 7:30 p.m. in the plaza area. Around the same time, there was outstanding live music in the lobby in the early evening: a trio consisting of a violinist, flautist, and keyboard; a Latin band; an acoustic trio; a ventriloquist/musician (We skipped that one) There was so much variety, but so very little time to enjoy everything. We may just have to increase our usual stay from 7 to 10 days. The Stanley Cup finals were shown on the big screen at the Blue Beach Bar. Yes, this Philly girl had to watch the Flyers lose on their home turf, while I was in Mexico, with many people from Chicago. : ( In addition, at the Blue Beach Bar, there was often a band. The breeze is awesome here. Each night, there was also a show or activity. They included: Mexican Fiesta Night with a mechanical bull; Caribbean Beach Party with a wonderful Latin band; the Circus Show (The a/c in the theater is outstanding.); the Fire Show (Tip: Dine at Pure that night and ask for outside seating, you have a front row seat!); Casino Night (with Spa prize)a Challenge Game at the Arenas Sports Bar; Karaoke Night(didn’t participate) and American Idol Night(The hubbie chickened out.) At 11:00 p.m. each evening, there was a D.J. in the Arenas Sports Bar. The a/c was awesome there, but we never made it for the D.J. Right outside of the entrance to the Sports Bar, beginning at 11:00 p.m., there was a small buffet, which consisted of hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, chips and cheese. As I stated, I was very impressed with the entertainment. It was the best we have experienced in all of our travels, for sheer variety alone. There was something for everyone, and there were definitely no “Michael Jackson Shows.”

What We Loved The Most: Everything we loved about Now Jade Riviera Cancun is everything one finds at an AMresorts managed property, basically freedom to enjoy a vacation, or as I like to call it, a “rule free” vacation. We loved not needing towel cards; unlimited a la carte dining, and no reservations required for that dining; an a la carte lunch option, an a la carte breakfast option (if staying Preferred Club), a wide variety of night time entertainment options, 24 hour room service, without a per plate fee; drinks served in appropriate glass ware; drinks blended, rather than dispensed from a slushy machine; and a staff dedicated to exceptional service. What we loved the most about this resort in particular was the tempered glass balconies, the lovely scent that came from burning oil that pretty much could be found everywhere but where one was dining, and in your own room(where we were offered Jasmine incense to burn); the location in the town of Puerto Moelos, and the beach.

Why Upgrade to Preferred Club: I can’t really comment on a stay in the non-PC area, however, it was good enough for me to book initially, so it would have met our needs nicely, and we would have had an enjoyable stay with simply unlimited luxury. However, for a more over the top experience, I highly recommend upgrading to the Preferred Club, especially at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, for the following reasons: room size and close proximity to the Quiet Pool and the Marina; extra luxury amenities like Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, robes, slippers, premium alcohol (They had an outstanding champagne.), an a la carte breakfast option at Pure; and use of the Preferred Club Lounge. At other resorts in which we upgraded to their premium level, we rarely took advantage of the Premium Lounge. At Now Jade, we were there several times a day, not only for the little extras like a Nespresso machine; a continental breakfast; outstanding sandwiches, pastries and chocolates(at night); the option of using a computer; a large flat screen TV.; an assorted variety of board games; and an outstanding staff, but also because of its location. You cannot go to your room or go to dinner, without passing it. The a/c in there is awesome, and it provided a lovely stop off in the heat of June. Last, but not least, the staff (Thank you Dalel) is also outstanding, and more than willing to help in any way. If there is anything you need, it is always their “pleasure” to take care of it for you.

In Sum: We feel that Now Jade Riviera Cancun, especially under the management of AMresorts, is a true gem. If you do not want to pay $5K for garish Vegas glitz, butler service, a Zen like ambiance(a.k.a. empty room)and private cabanas on a beach with sand whales, and would prefer unlimited luxury, done the AMresorts way, at a moderately priced resort, Now Jade Riviera Cancun is the perfect resort for you. If you want additional luxury, a bigger room, a more romantic and couple oriented atmosphere, pay the extra and upgrade to Preferred Club. We can’t wait to watch this new NOW brand evolve. It is great at the moment, and will only get better. We also can’t wait to return in 2011. However, we won’t return in June. The heat is much greater in June, than in our usual month of May. Many thanks to the following staff members who went above and beyond to make our stay an excellent experience: Alex; Dalel; Daniel; Manuel; Diana; Samantha; our housekeeping staff, in particular, Conception, who did nightly turn down; the bar staff at the Quiet Pool: Francesco, Tomas and Antonio; and last but not least, Felipe in the quiet pool area. If you have any specific questions, fell free to shoot me a pm. If you would like a link to my public pictures, also shoot me a pm.

3,440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,129)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I read all the reviews before going and this is my opinion. Having stayed in 3.5-4star in Cancun before the overall service here was not as good. The Hotel is beautiful, very clean, new and modern. I rate this place a 3.5star, but it has so much potential.
From speaking with several of the staff they are trying to become a 5 Star. However in my opinion they need to change several things. Here is my good bad and ugly:

-Check-in- Did not feel welcome at all. Did not get a welcome drink. everyone else did?? Almost rude.
-Restaurant food was overall good-Asian was great. Mexican good. Olas good. Italian fair. I heard Pure was great but did not go.
-Restaurant service-Asian great. Mexican fair. Olas good. Buffet fair. Italian a JOKE(the ugly)-waited over 1 hr to get in and then meal was 2.5hrs long after which I was still hungry. They had open seats but did not seat??
-Buffet was a joke(the ugly again) as you had to wait in line and then give your name which they could not spell, but kept asking??. Buffet breakfast was great. Lunch and dinner Fair/poor! Had a hard time finding something to eat for lunch/dinner. We are not picky eaters at all.
-Hotel very clean and modern-Maid service was very good -tipped a few bucks and the frig. was loaded with water/soda/beer. Room was large/nice.
-Lobby was hot-no A/c. No air movement at all. At least open it up if you will not turn the ac on.
-Bar service: Pool Bar overall was fair- Hugo was Great and worked his butt off. Roberto was poor and if you were not a women it took a long time after getting ignored continually. I would hate to see it in season-ouch!
Israel in the Olas bar was great-very friendly to us/ my kids even though his english was bad-but my spanish is bad so we are even.
-Sports bar- good service.
-Beach was good. Boogie boarding was good. Snorkeling ok.
-Shows-we saw the circus show only -very good
-Kids club was Great. They were very nice to our girls and had daily events.
-Pools were large and great.

Overall the 2 biggest problems I had were service and the buffet food. Staff at other cancun hotels have been more friendly overall. I rate it 3.5

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
NOWRC, Manager at Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2010
Dear Yaaamon,

Greetings from the Now Jade Riviera Cancun!

First of all we want to thank you for taking the time to writing this review, your feedback helps us a lot. We are sorry to hear though that your stay wasn't as pleasant. Let me address some issues from your review:

-As for the restaurants, the information has been passed to both our Chef and Food & Beverage Manager. Please note that in order to have a good control in the buffet we need to ask our guests for their names. We have made some changes in the buffet and try to have everything for everyone, from fresh fruit and a juice bar to pastas, tamales, and desserts. Please note that for lunch we have both the buffet and also the restaurant Olas by the pool, and also room service is available 24 hours. For dinner, please note that due to the operation of the hotel some restaurants close, also, please note that our a la carte restaurants offer fine dining and sometimes the preparation takes longer than other regular restaurants, anyway, the F&B Manager has been informed of your experience in the italian restaurant as this is not a typical situation.
As for the language barrier, I understand your frustration, however I assure you that our staff tries hard to communicate with our guests in their language, it's not as easy for everyone to learn another language but they certainly try hard and always with a smile.

Our staff has already been informed and working on the issues you mentioned, as customer satisfaction is very important for us.

Louisville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Where do I start, what an amazing resort. My wife and I went with 1 other couple and had an incredible time. The resort is incredibly clean, and the staff from the check in to the servers/bartenders and entertainment staff are so much fun and extremely polite. The rooms are very nice, we had the tropical view and I knew what my view was going to look like. Can't say I was in my room very much at all, honestly instead of everyone needing to be able to look at the ocean from their room, just try actually going down and enjoying it lol. The bathroom was pretty awesome, cool shower and tub, double sinks. There are five restaurant you can go to, we hit every one and they were all fantastic. Please be sure to leave tips at these restaurants, I saw a ton of people that didn't and that's really sad. The servers at the restaurants work very hard to please you and they do a great job, so please tip. I know it's all inclusive but if you think a bunch of that money goes to servers I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Just don't be rude. Anyway, beach was great, yes a little rocky but it's not big deal once you get out there. This was our first trip to mexico and first all inclusive resort, and I was very happy with it. Liquor is diluted around the resort, but if your that concerned with getting drunk just get beer. You can't expect them to be able to afford top shelf liquor that's not diluted, there's just no way with how much they serve up. Make sure you get with Alex from the entertainment staff around the pool and beach, he's tons of fun. Also Digsby at the sports bar is awesome. Not hotel related but if you go to this area, take a night and go to Coco Bongo in Playa Del Carmen you can purchase the trip at the hotel. The place is fantastic and you will have an awesome time. Please feel free to go to this resort without worrying about anything, it's great!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
NOWRC, Manager at Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear ntfd27;

Greetings from the Now Jade!

Thank you so much for taking the time to writing this review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully we will see you back at the hotel for your next vacation.

Kind regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We just got back from our stay and it was fabulous! Only a few minor complaints, but nothing to steer one away...no stay is absolutely perfect right?

Staff was friendly...of course, we were friendly too so that does make a difference. There were a few visitors 'complaining' about staff not bringing their drinks quick enough or understanding them. Well...here's what I have to say...we were capable of getting our butts up and walking or swimming up to a bar...and if you can't speak Spanish, don't get irritated if the staff can't fully understand you...YOU'RE IN MEXICO! I can't speak a lick of Spanish but managed to greet each staff with 'Hola...and their name' which brought on a friendly smile and laughs...so think again of who's complaining when you're reading the review...its more than likely the person writing that has the issue than the staff ;) Hugo at the swim up bar was sweet, and Victor at the lobby bar was fabulous.

Drinks - Sometimes a bit weak, but I would ask them to put extra liquor in it when I got it and they would pour some more in....no biggie. Favorite drinks....Mayan Rose, Dirty Monkey, Rum Rummers, Coconut Daquari, and the famous Maui made only by Victor in the lobby (make sure to see him for one!). Also, I learned that Hershey's syrup is a staple as it is used in many of their drinks just swirled right in...mmmm.

Food - We at ate the Itialian restaurant and at Senses. Senses was the best!! The salad and clam chowder were awesome...and their chocolate dessert...mmm. The buffet was great for breakfast and lunch, but have to say we went for dinner once and it wasn't as good. Some nights certain restaurants were closed, and we didn't know until the day of, so we didn't get a chance to go to Asian as we had hoped. That is my main complaint about the food...that all restaurants should stay open each day...but we didn't let it ruin our time ;) Room service was readily available, but note it did take a little longer later in the evening...to be expected ...when people are having late night munchies.

Room - We had a Junior Suite. The room was clean and spacious. I read that someone on here complained about 'not enough drawers for clothes'...well, there was plenty of shelves in the closet to lay your clothes on a enough hanger...we went for 6 nights, and can't complain...so again, just another 'complainer' on here about nothing (kind of makes me laugh). The bathroom was wonderful...jacuzzi tub for two, spacious rain head shower, and we had oceanfront so our bathroom windows faced the ocean. Beds were super comfortable!

Activities - We went snorkeling which was a blast. Great time away from resort. We also used the boogie boards and kayak which were free right on the beach. Good times! We did the bus tour to Puerto Morales and Playa del Carmen which I would recommend to anyone who wants to get away and feel safe in a group. On the way you see more of 'real' Mexico...which will leave you NOT complaining about anything again. Once in the towns, souveniers all over and some fun things to see....like 'breakdancing' in the street for entertainment which we found pretty funny.

Noise - ONLY big complaint that the hotel was noisy. You could hear the people above walking around, scooting chairs. And the closing of doors, people in hall echoed. We know now to get a room on the top floor if we go back ;)

Hope this review helped...and we would definitely go back!!

Pool - The pools were clean, spacious, separated enough to feel like separate spaces, yet together. Loved the swim up bar, sometimes crowded, but waiting for a drink in a pool is nothing to get worked up about right ;). Always fun things going on in the pool...really cheesy kind of fun. Crazy water aerobics, bingo, dancing games, etc. We did walk down to the 'preferred' pool...which was beautiful (sofa type lounging chairs and hammocks available)...but boring. We are not young party animals by any means (in our mid 30s and left two kids at home)...but we do like some action going on and the preferred pool was not it. Do not pay to upgrade if asked at front desk when you get there...unless you want a super quiet area and a little more space in your room (that you're never in).

Dear jtiller35:

We are pleased to hear that you had a great time with us.

On behalf of our staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to writing this review, your feedback does help a lot.

This review will be passed to the staff.

Please let us know if there's anything else you may need,

Kind regards,
krittyr21
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We arrived at the resort on a Friday morning, were greeted by the luggage/bell men, they tagged our bags and gave us warm cloths. There wasn't a line to check in; we were immediately sat down at a desk to check in. They gave you the option to upgrade to oceanfront or the preferred side for additional $, but we declined on both. We were taken to our elevator via golf cart, they offered to take our luggage to the room for us, but we declined the offer and carried it ourselves.
The room was very large and beautiful! Foyer with two closets, one very large which was for clothes, had shelves, and the safe. The other closet was smaller and had the mini fridge and coffee maker. Very nice marble/glass bathroom with large separate shower, whirlpool tub, double sinks, and separate toilet. We were given two double beds, but forgot to ask at check in for a king and never bothered going back to ask, it wasn't that big of a deal. The beds were extremely comfortable! The maids came every evening to turn down your sheets! We had a living room area with a couch, chair, coffee table, desk, which then led to the balcony. We had a partial ocean view and could see the pool.
There were like three pools that connected, one was the infinity pool, one had a swim up bar, and the other was where they played volleyball at in the afternoon. All of the pools were really good sized, never saw anything nasty floating in the pools, they tested the water frequently throughout the day also. They have a pool on the privileged side of the resort, but we never made it over there. The pool we were at was just fine and we spent a lot of the time at the beach.
The beach was very pretty. There was some seaweed and rocks, there were working taking care of the seaweed which was nice, but the rocks were a pain. Every time a wave would knock me down it seems like I also stubbed by toe on a rock. There were always palapas and chairs available all day. There weren't any chair/towel games. I was always able to choose the chair of my choice at 9-10am whether it was on the beach or by the pool. We also moved around throughout the day and never had a problem finding a chair. They offer kayaking, snorkeling, and boogie boarding for free. They also have a Hobie Cat that you can take a lesson for $30-40 and then take the cat out without the instructor for the remainder of your stay.
We either ate breakfast at the buffet or had room service delivered (24 hour room service), both were very good. I really enjoyed the omelet station and fresh juice that they offered at the buffet. The buffet was also good at lunch, but we usually ate at the bar/grill close to the pool. On Saturday night they had a "Caribbean Night" with performers, live band, and buffet...the food was delicious. The rest of the nights that we had dinner at the resort we ate at the Asian Restaurant which was also very good..lol. I thought they have wonderful food compared to other all-inclusive resorts I have stayed at. Oh yeah, not every restaurant was open for lunch and diner. On the newsletter thing they put under your door every evening for the following day it states which restaurants will be opened and closed. There were usually 2 always closed for dinner which left like 4-5 others open. The wait was never very long, they give you pagers like at restaurants here and it will go off when your table is open. I really liked not having to wake up at 7 am to put our name down for dinner reservations.
Some other little things I really liked about the resort were: sports bar that had live bands, karaoke, ventriloquist, movie projected in the promenade one evening, newsletter that was slid under your door every evening and included the pool/beach activities for the day, drink of the day, restaurants that were open, tours being offered, anniversary and newlywed wishes, etc. Every time you called room service, front desk for a wake up call, etc they addressed you by your name. They had a really friendly wait, bartending, and entertainment staff. Our check out was easy, returned room card and completed a little survey. The only bad thing I could say about this resort is the rocks in the water, which isn't that big of a deal. Definitely not a deal breaker for me, I would go back!

Little Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

As manager of a resort in the Cayman Islands, I was wonderfully surprised at the NOW Jade hotel as well as my overall impression of Mexico.

This hotel is a wonderful example of how through careful planning, excellent management and right attitude, a hotel can exceed expectations.

I attended a wedding along with 40 other people, who were all equally impressed.
All the amenities excellent. Food, rooms, service all exceeded our expectations.
In particular what surprised me the most was the attitude of the staff.
Hugo, Victor, Ricardo, Javier, and Jose all went above and beyond to help us enjoy our stay.

The hotel is amazing. Considering the have 550 rooms, the hotel is spread out in a way that doesn't make you feel like everyone is living on top of you. An example of good design. The hotel has a number of excellent food options available, including specifics like Asian and Italian restaurants. The restaurant "Senses" was my favorite. (try the Asparagus and Provolone Soup !!)
Considering the 550 rooms, this means that there are a LOT of hungry people at dinner time, and unfortunately, reservations cannot be made for dinner, so you have to be flexible as to how long you are prepared to wait for a table or go early. Having said that, Victor at the lobby bar will make you feel at home while you wait.

The pools have swim up bars which are ideal. The drinks flow easily with one exception.
The pool bar closes at 6pm, and the music was turned off a 5pm.... kinda when you really felt like staying... The same is true of the sports bar / late night bar... which closes at 1am. The option is there to take a taxi to Playa del Carmen if you would like to continue the party.

Most of the wedding party had used Bookit.com to make their travel reservations, and unfortunately many mistakes were made. I would NOT use them again, and in my opinion the hotel should not participate in their program.

The roads are excellent in this area, and I would certainly rent a car on my next visit. The taxi service is easily accessible, however expensive in my opinion.

As a whole, the NOW Jade exceeded all of my expectations and I would love to return.

• Stayed June 2010
Dear Neilvn,

Greetings from the Now Jade Riviera Cancun!

we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to writing a review, your feedback helps us a lot as we are always striving for better service.

Hopefully we will see you back in the future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

If you are looking for a massive typical all inclusive hotel this is definitely not the one!

About the Now Jade:
My husband and I recently stayed at Now Jade Riviera Maya from June the 7th to June the 14th, and although I have stayed at an all-inclusive resort I have to say that this one was a great surprise.

Typically all-inclusive resorts are very large and in most cases the food is not exactly great. When we decided to go to the Riviera Maya I was determined to find a small hotel, low key, all-inclusive and away from Cancun but not too far from the airport and at the Now Jade we found all that and much more.

I never really write reviews, however I always read them and use them to find good locations, but the real reason behind this review is to acknowledge the wonderful staff that made of our very special vacation an unforgettable time.

When we arrived the first people we met were VICTOR and EYDER the lobby bar
Bartenders they recommended drinks, restaurants and were great to be around, every night before dinner and after dinner we stopped by to say hello and to enjoy a bit of Victors armature magic tricks!! (He is a much better bartender than magician)

Their great attitude and spirit of service were a breath of fresh air!
When Victor and Eyder were not around, it was either MAYRA or FANNY who were taking care of us, this 2 wonderful girls always smiling and willing to help in any way and making sure our glasses were never empty!

LETTY our host at the buffet along with JORGE and ALEX not only remembered our names, but also made sure the food was to our liking and we were taken care of.
The cooks were fantastic and never shy to share how they made some dishes, I loved that I got a few good recipes

FERNANDO and HENRY were our servers and were fantastic one day they went as far as making a fresh pot of coffee for me because the previews pot was too bitter.

My favorite Restaurant was the Mexican, the appetizers were fantastic but the biggest surprised came when they brought out my Chicken (Chicken Zacatecas)
That chicken was so good that it almost melted in my mouth!
I was so impressed that I had to tell the restaurant Manager (Zaragoza) who immediately called out MANUEL the chef to say hello.

The next day we went to the Italian restaurant and since it was a bit slow this time of year not all restaurants were open at once at the Hotel. Again I ordered the chicken and again it blew me away! I told our server how impressed I was and again they brought the chef out!
To my surprise it was the same chef from the previews night at the Mexican Restaurant MANUEL. I was trilled! I love his cooking! He is just great, and with that great start I was very exited to try the PURE restaurant. Shockingly that was my least favorite food, however they did have an incredible fennel soup.

One of my favorite moments was during the Mexican night, as I walked around the plaza checking out the dishes I noticed that there were no rajas, one of my favorite Mexican dishes, I was very disappointed but decided to try what was there, and as I approached the appetizer area of the buffet I ran in to Andrea to whom I told I was sad they didn’t have Rajas, she then looked at me and said: “where are you seating???” I replied there, she smiled and said: “Let me see what I can do!” 10 min later she came with a fresh plate of rajas that she had just made for me!!! I was very grateful as I don’t get to go back to Mexico very often and the food is what I look the forward to all the time! ANDREA went above and beyond the called of duty, now that is what I call fantastic service Thank you ANDREA! :)

During our stay we ran into an unexpected situation, the company we had booked our Cave dives had changed it’s phone numbers & we were a bit worried that perhaps we had been scammed since we booked everything over the internet. When we asked to be connected to the phone numbers that were given to us LUPITA the phone operator tried to connect us but had no luck with all 3 numbers we gave her, we were a bit worried and I explained our situation to her, she told me not to worry that she would find the correct number and ring me back to connect us and she did! Thank you LUPITA ☺

HUGO and CARLOS were amazing at the pool bar, always swamped with people around but with a smile and ready to crack a joke and refill our glass, I can honestly say it was never empty, their drinks were fantastic, one of my favorite the Mudslide and the Caribbean. Thank you guys for being so great and always taking care of us even if you were cleaning and picking up the bar! You were fantastic and we miss you already! (ps I miss Hugo’s adventure stories ;)

The entertainment bunch were great specially EDNA she always made sure we knew what was going and that we join in the activities, she even knew us by name on the second day! Talk about personalized hospitality.

ELIZABETH and KARLA were fantastic around the pool somehow these ladies always made sure we got our drinks with out getting out of the water! How perfect is that? Elizabeth was so good that even before I finished my 1st drink she was already coming with a second! Thank you!!!

In a nutshell the best part of the Now Jade are the people that make the Now Jade the Staff.

Will I go back? In a heart beat if these people are still around.
At the end of the day for me is not about the amenities, it is about the people and how they make you feel….. if you are kind to them they will be great to you!

There is a popular saying in Mexico "En el pedir esta el dar" Meaning
Depending on how you ask for things you will receive..

I too saw that lady screaming and demanding an upgrade! trust me with that attitude she was getting nothing! I was a bit embarrassed by her...

To anyone reading this remember to say Thank you it takes nothing away from you and makes an amazing difference to these wonderful people's day!!! Tipping doesn't hurt either! ;)
Happy travels, have fun and enjoy the cultural differences!!! after all that is what makes life interesting! :)

Dear alepublicity,

Greetings from the Now Jade Riviera Cancun!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you so much for writing such a complete review, your feedback helps us a lot.

I will make sure to send your review to our staff.

Hopefully we'll have the pleasure to see you again in the future.

The Management

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!