I just returned from Now Jade after spending spring break there with a party of 7. 3 adults and 4 children ranging in age from 7-10. I booked the "mystery trip" with my travel agent and ended up at Now Jade. I knew that whatever resort I ended up at was going to be 6 apples. Maybe I set my expectations to high but I was not "wowed" by the resort. While the resort is very nice I have stayed and 4 and 5 apple resorts that I thought were close to as good and lot less money.
I was kids so I never went to the adults only pool and spent every minute in the family pool. The first day the water felt like ice but either I got use to it, or it gradually warmed up. For whatever reason the pool layout was not to my liking. That might sound strange but the pool has lots of bridges with walls under them. So the pool looks like one big pool but in fact it is like 4 smaller pools next to one another.
Like all resorts get up early or you won't find a lawn chair. Luckily I am a early riser and I barely found chairs at 5:45. There were plenty of towels and they do not require room cards, so you can take as many as you like and as often as you like.
This is the best part of the resort. In the past I stayed at 4 and 5 stars (Grand Bahia Coba, Ocan Coral and Turquesa, and Iberostar Quetzal). This is what seperates the Now Jade from the rest. At the 4 and 5 star resorts, you would find hamburgers, hotdogs etc under heat lamps, not at Now Jade. For lunch expect Grouper, Calimari, shrimp cocktail etc. The food that I had was always great. Only complaint is that times, they were understaffed. Our group ate at every restaurant and the food was always good. If you don't want to wait for dinner get there when they open up (normally 5:30), otherwise you could be waiting an hour or more. We went to the french restaurant at 7 and didn't get served until after 8.
I saw two shows, both magic and they were very entertaining. Unlike most resorts where the poolboy is also the chef and soloist, that is not the case here. They have professionals (at least I think they did). Can't comment on the other shows but the ones I saw were quite good. I also played some Texas hold'em and went on a group bike ride into Puerto Moreles and that was fun. My daughter loved the trampolene with the cables. The entertainment team was very nice and always went out of the way to be friendly.
I think this resort is best for the "sun worshipper" or person looking to just relax. I would tell a family with kids to pick a different resort. Nothing wrong with this place just think there are better deals out there. I liked the Grand Bahia and Iberostar as much and they were about $1500 less. Not to get off the subject but the Iberostar is awesome if you have a family with children, there are animals everywhere there: monkeys, flamingos, coatis iguanas, peacocks etc. I don't think I saw one iguana at the Now Jade
One final comment: there are better deals off the resort. Snorkeling booked at the hotel was $65/person if you book it in Puerto Moreles it's $25. A taxi ride to Playa Del Carmen at the hotel is $90 but a taxi driver in Puerto Moreles told me he would take me there for $40.
Hope this helps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos