“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Unidad 26, Mz. 20, Lote 1-1, SM. 3, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I am currently staying at the Now Jade. The positives about the resort are its small so everything is close, the food is excellent and you don't have to make reservations at the restaurants. We have a JR suite and the room and view are amamzing. They have premium liquor compared to some places ex Corono, brand name liquours. The negatives are there is no food served on the beach or pool so you have to go in for lunch (other resorts have a bbq on the beach and you can get burgers and chips with salsa and guacomole -spelling?), the servers on the beach and pool don't show up very often (and I tip), The servers and bartenders are not as fun as the previous all inclusives I have stayed at (except Matilde which was at the pool bar today and he's only been here 2 weeks), don't get me wrong, they are polite just not fun. There are shows but they are small, so if you enjoy the shows that you see at larger resorts you will not like the shows here. The only hot tub is in the spa and you have to pay $39 per day to use the spa. A romantic resort. Two things I saw today which were gross was at the pool bar the glasses are just rinse no soap is used therefore not disinfected. Also when housekeeping came today I told them just new towels and glasses and she washed them in the bathroom sink with her hands and no soap again. Would definetly recommend this resort, just realize its not a good place for a group of friends who want to party, its great for families (except the no food at the beach thing-cause you have to go in for lunches) and great for couples. Its a very quiet resort. Email me if you have any questions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks for posting you feedback on Tripdavisor about your past stay at the Now Jade Riviera Cancun. It is great that you let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will share your comment with the operations staff. They will be pleased to hear that they were able to assist you.

We really hope to see you back very soon.

Social Media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,538)
  • Polish first
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned home yesterday from staying at Now Jade. I must say, it was the first time we ever visited Mexico and we absolutely loved it! The resort itself is well kept and maintained. What really topped it all off was the great service and the staff were always exceptionally helpful and pleasant! The staff are all very hard working and eager to please. The rooms are comfortable and look exactly like the photos on their website. We did opt for the tropical room view which put us on a lower level suite (Building 4). The only downside to the suite was the small ant like bugs which did make their way into our room. We called concierge and they moved us to an ocean view room ~ BONUS! And naturally because it is a tropical area there are going to be bugs no matter where you go, but the ocean view room on the 2nd floor was much better. The concierge sent a bell boy making the room transfer fast and easy! I have to agree with some of the other reviewers about the room cleaning. Our room was always cleaned perfectly but they do seem to come around a bit later then what your probably used to. I'd say on average our room was usually cleaned between 3-4 p.m. Worked out fine for us though because we were never in our room at that time anyway. They always give you plenty of towels and near the beach in front of building 1, there are beach towels that you can take with you to the beach/pools so you don't have to use the ones in your room and you can take as many as you need.

The Beach: There are plenty of lounge chairs and palapas! We never had any issues finding a good spot! There are some rocky parts along the beach. But if you just simply walk around a bit there are plenty of areas of nothing but white sandy beach! So in my eyes the rocks aren't even an issue. We had plenty of bar service down on the beach as well. Just a tip, invest in an insulated cup, like a Tervis Tumbler to bring with you. They will keep your drinks frozen and cold much longer then regular cups! Plus, they are bigger! And the bartenders don't mind filling them!

Food: The food wasn't bad at all. I think people tend to forget that you just can't please everyone! We are both somewhat picky eaters and in no means did we starve! The italian was so-so, asian was delicous, Cin Cin was amazing and Tamarindo was good too! The buffet did get a little tiresome after a while, but we were there for twelve days so no complaints here! Castaways is great for a snack (burgers/nachos etc.) The breakfast buffet has an omelet station and they always had main staple food (hasbrowns, bacon, french toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt etc.) The only restaurant we didn't eat at was Mercure (french) and not for any particular reason. Room service wasn't bad either, loved the chicken fajitas! The Coco Cafe is amazing for anyone who loves coffee! I couldn't have made the cappuccinos and latte's better myself!

Tours: I read in another review that they weren't offered any sort of tours etc. I actually appreciated the fact that we were not accosted or hounded by staff to go on tours. There is a tour desk in the main lobby as well at the customer service desk near the gift shop where you can go in and look at brochures and pick out the tours you want to do with the help of the staff. We visited Xel Ha, Tulum, Rio Secreto and went to Playa Del Carmen. We visited Tulum and Xel Ha in the same day. I don't think we would do both in the same day again as Xel Ha can take up most of the day if you want to do everything (float down the river, snorkel etc.) which doesn't leave you a lot of time in Tulum. The Xel Ha/Tulum tour was around $150 USD each. Rio Secreto was absolutely amazing! The sights in the the underground caves were unbelievable and well worth the $100/each. The tour guide was also very knowledgeable and friendly! I don't have a lot to say about Playa Del Carmen other then its more like a really expensive flea market with vendors constantly yelling at you to come buy stuff from them. Souveniers were much cheaper at the hotel gift shop and in Xel Ha.

Bonuses: They use premium alcohol! No watered down gross stuff! They will make your drinks as strong as you want. The bartender at "The Mix" at night time (I forgot his name but he is from Latvania) is the place to go if you want strong drinks and some amazing shots, or what he calls "Happiness injections"! Kudos to him!

Another bonus is the resorts "Photo Shop", right next to the gift shop. There are professional photographers who will take about 60-70 photos (and amazing ones at that). You are not obligated to purchase any of the photos if you do not like them. And the ones you do want, of course you must pay for and they will print them or put them on a CD for you.

Overall, it was a great vacation. I would most definitely go back! It is a smaller resort and with all the restaurants being central in the resort you don't have to walk too far to get anywhere. The friendly and happy staff make the resort just that much more enjoyable! No resort can be perfect, but the minor flaws did not out shine this beautiful place!

Room Tip: Building #4 was by far my favorite as it is most central to everything (pools, restaurants). But all...
Dear Sir/Madam

We are happy to read the sincere description you made about your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you had a great time. We shared your comments with the head departments and with the staff. They will be so happy to know you that their effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others in Tripadvisor.

We look forward to your return to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun and to having the privilege of being of service to you again soon.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We were part of an extended family trip during the second week of December- 12 adults, 7 kids under 8. We have been to many all inclusives in the Riviera Maya region and love finding new treasures. While not the best resort we've been to (especially for the kids), this one would rank high for couples in my opinion.
Pros-
-Our room 2211 was a junior suite that had a 'tropical view'. We spend so little time in the room we never upgrade- but come to our surprise, due to the vacant lot next door we actually had a pretty view of the ocean from our bathroom and balcony. The room was wonderful, spacious, and comfortable. I would have loved a dresser to put some of our clothes away- there just wasn't enough storage space for 2 adults an 2 kids worth of clothing. We had our 5 year old on the sofa bed and a crib for our almost two year old and put them in the 'living' space. The bathroom was awesome with dual sinks, huge tub (fits two!) and rain showerhead. Would have loved another clothesline outside for all the wet clothes, but there is one in the shower. Our room got cleaned by about 3 every day. They will always come by for turn down around 9:30pm. Decent selection of sodas and water and beer in the fridge and a safe. Liked the slippers and robes provided. Not the softest or most flattering, but it was nice not having to pack those things.
-Service. Probably the best service from drinks to waiters to housekeeping to entertainment staff we have experienced in our many trips to A.I. in Riviera Maya. Hats off to all the ladies bringing drinks poolside. Our favorite were the lovely ladies in the CoCo cafe. They were the sweetest and most helpful.
-Location. Love the closer proximity to the airport (20 minute drive or so) and the quick taxi ride ($6 USD one way) into Puerto Morelos. Also loved walking north to the marina next door at El Cid. Lots of iguanas sunning on the rocks and the boys in our group loved chartering a fishing boat for the morning. The arch of the beach made for great waves and body surfing on windy days.
-Coco cafe. Coffee house with lattes, frappes, espresso and all the flavorings from home? Yes please! Also stop in there during breakfast for pasteries, lunch they have great sandwiches, and dinner they had the best desserts in the whole resort. Save room from the a la carte dinners or buffet, walk around, then enjoy the coco's dessert and take it anywhere.
-Free Room service was a huge plus with our little kids. I was able to eat during nap times or feed them earlier dinners, drop them off at kids club, and have a quiet dinner with the husband.
-Kids Explorer Club had great activities, crafts, and safe environment. Pager system kept us aware of when our oldest was ready to leave. Eurobungy was a favorite activity. They also will feed your kids right in their clubhouse area lunch and dinner. Super awesome staff too!
-No towel cards!
-No dinner reservations and unlimited visits! Loved not having to think far ahead and plan our dinners. Plus we could have visited a favorite twice or three times if we wanted to.
-No annoying plastic bracelets!

Cons:
-Never had a meal where I though 'wow! that was good and want it again!". Food was fine, just not great.
-no quick and easy snack area. The Castaway's snack area thats open for lunch is kind of decieving. It is actually a sit down and order beach side cafe with a limited menu- and the pizzas take around 20 minutes. Great food, but hard on families to dry off, get the sand off, put cover ups and dry diapers on to sit and wait. Also there was not much for the kids on this menu. I asked one day for just a side of steamed broccoli and cheese quesadilla for my 2 year old and they obliged which was nice.
-No kid friendly menus at any a la cartes and the buffet was often limited on its kid friendly selections
-The morning watering of the flowers and plants made the sidewalk very slippery and also got us wet on every walk to and from breakfast if there was other people going the opposite way on the walk. Perhaps a watering time that is less busy to prevent guests from getting wet would be nice!

Helpful Hints:
-Be sure to put out the do not distrub sign if you don't want them coming in or knocking. One time they knocked and came in (because we didn't answer) while we were all sleeping. However, the nights we put out the do not distrub, we never got a sundial (daily newsletter) which told us which restaurants would be closed and the activities schedule.
-Water shoes are almost a must if you desire to go into the ocean. Very rocky, even in the sandy part of the beach. The coral and rocks are beautiful, but hard on the feet.
-When you take your kids to the explorer's club you are not allowed inside- even just to tour the facilitiy. They are well equipped with bathroom, eating areas, safe playground, etc. I trusted them fully, but it was a little 'put offish' to not even be allowed to tour inside where my kid would spend a good amount of time.
-Take advantage of the free photo session! They totally rock and took amazing photos. You can buy pictures there, or because we had so many (4 families, plus large group), we ended up buying the cd and rights to all the high res pics. You won't regret this opportunity!
-On average there was 1 or 2 a la cartes closed each night. The mexican and cin cin were the most often closed. I believe the mexican was only open 3 or 4 out of our 7 nights. Check the sundial so you know what's available and take advantage of the times they are open. Mexican fiesta buffet night in the theatre was friday night.
-local vendors come friday and wednesday nights in the outside plaza area by the lobby. Prices are CRAZY high. Take a $6 cab into puerto morelos and the prices will be halved at the start of your negotiating. (example: little child's purse at local vendors at resort started at $30 USD and I ended up at $18. the vendors in Puerto (go the 'flea market area first for best prices) started at $15 and I could have gotten it easily for less.)
-Often the pool staff would place rolled towels and sometimes water bottles on all the chairs. Don't assume that just because there is a towel on a chair that it is taken. Look for other evidence :) We always found plenty of chairs.

What I wish they'd offer:
-A beach/pool side snack area to go so I don't have to dry my kids off everytime they want to eat. I've been at resorts where I can just bring a plate of fruit and snacks to the lounge chair for them and its wonderful.
-Babysitters for the kids club area. In our group we had 7 under 8. Two of them were two year olds and wanted desparately to play with their big cousins and sisters in the kdis club. But they don't allow anyone beyond the security gate. We inquired about hiring a babysitter to just play with them for a couple hours since we weren't allowed in but the babysitters will only go to your room or walk the kdis around if they are fussy. This was hard on the cooler weather days where it wasn't quite warm enough for the beach. We could take the older ones to kdis club, but had nowhere for the toddlers to play. A public accessible playground or babysitting services within kids club would have been nice.
-help yourself soda's. Its been nice at resorts where we can help ourselves to pops and waters at the bar, so you don't have to wait while someone is filling an 8 frozen drink order.
-Free wi fi in the lobby or cafe area. This is the only reason we MIGHT have upgraded to preferred, but it wasn't worth it. One person in our group did buy the wifi code for one computer for the week and said the service was spotty.

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

A huge group of us went to Now Jade for a friend's wedding. Overall, we had a blast...I am sure the fact that there were over 80 of us had something to do with it!

A few things to know:

- Preferred Club is a must. Totally worth the extra little bit. If there is a huge difference, do “Junior Suite Oceanview”, not Tropical View, which we called “Swamp View”
- With the Preferred Club, you get access to the “Preferred Lounge” which serves light food all day. The buffet breakfast was getting old very fast, so we went down there every morning, asked for a plastic plate, and filled it with toast and fruit and cheese and stuff and ate on the beach or by the pool. We became hooked on the Lounge. So much nicer than the packed buffet. You don’t get eggs and stuff, but after a few days of big breakfasts, I am sure you will like the change.
- Ask for room 8211, 8311, 8411 or 8212, 8312 or 8412, They have the best views from the Preferred section. Don’t stay on any of the first floor rooms, they don’t have as much of a view.
- The Preferred Club also has a Jacuzzi on the balcony. Not very private, but we used it anyway! We just kept our suits on!
- The beach is not amazing here. It’s not bad (the best is in front of the “Preferred Club” area), but I have seen much better beaches. However, we were on it all day, every day, so obviously not too bad!
- There is amazing snorkeling in the area. The 2nd largest reef in the world is practically in front of the hotel, but you need to take a boat out to it. Costs about $50 USD per person.
- Definitely go into the little town, Puerto Morelos for dinner one night. And/or lunch one day. Amazing seafood and tacos. We walked around and bought a few souvenirs there too.
- We did a Cenote tour, which was awesome. We did an ATV tour, which I highly recommend if you’re feeling adventurous (you drive the ATV’s to the Cenotes). About $70 USD per person.
- The restaurants weren’t great, but the French one, Mercure, got rave reviews from our friends who ate there. I never did though. Spice (the Asian place) was good, definitely try to sit at one of the Teppenaki tables.

All in all, a great trip

Room Tip: Preferred Club Section all the way! Not much more money, and totally worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and for your nice comments about the resort service and the facilities. We will share your remarks with the operations staff.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I would not re-visit this property. Bring non-slip shoes,water shoes, diarrhea meds and bug spray.
They installed wall tiles rather than floor tiles on some floors. If you TIP you will get better service. The best thing about this property was the bread. Never offered a tour, spa treatment...suppose the staff made an error in judgement in not offering us the same services as other guests. I can only assume that our shabby appearance indicated that we had no money..we tipped BIG that should have been a indictor that we were willing to spend money?! Where ever we travel we create our own fun, our fun at this property had Nothing to do with what we paid for !!

Room Tip: Building 1 or 2 pool side..gives a lovely view of guests in the bathroom/shower. The only way to clo...
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your sharing your comments. We will share your feedback with the operations staff.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and hope, we assure you all our guests are welcome and we do not make any distinction of race, religion, etc. The spa and tours are not part of the all inclusive.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you again and show you our service.

Social media
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I was recently married here and cannot rave enough about the resort, location, staff and wedding team. We had 75 guests and everyone had an amazing time and loved the resort. Our wedding was gorgeous and more than we could have asked for - thank you Pilar (wedding coordinator).

The resort is brand new - it is very modern and clean. The views from the rooms are excellent. We spent most of our time by the preferred adult pool - which is open to the entire resort. Its a little quieter and smaller than the other pool.

The location is ideal if you are looking for peace and quiet. Unlike every other Mexican resort we have stayed at which is next to several other resorts, the NOW Jade is on its own beach really. There is a marina to the north of it and nothing but beach and open space south. You dont have to wear wristbands and can walk on the beach practically alone for what seems like forever.

The food is the best I have had at an all inclusive. Several options. I would recommend the Asian restaurant. The italian is also very good.

The staff is great. Very hardworking and kind. We brought tip money down (although it is an all inclusive). The tips are very appreciated by the staff so bring one dollar bills with you to show them your appreciation of their service.

They have top shelf liquor available which is nice (Stoli, Absolute, Jose Cuervo, Bombay Sapphire. etc).

We actually left the Now Jade for a mini-honeymoon as several of our guests were still at the resort after the wedding. We traveled over the the NOW Sapphire. Let me tell you, after spending 5 days at the impeccable NOW Jade, the NOW Sapphire was subpar. The staff was not friendly (didnt care at all it was our honeymoon). We were sat down for 20 minutes as we were aggressively being sold on doing a tour of another resort in exchange for resort credit. When we declined, the gentleman asked "are you rich, you dont need the money?" Very rude, however, it was when we were kicked out of their preferred pool that we had enough. We spend 3 hours there and swiftly returned to the NOW Jade for the rest of our vacation.

While they are "sister resorts" I can tell you NOW Sapphire doesnt hold a candle to the NOW Jade.

If you plan to have your wedding here, know there are several beautiful locations for your ceremony and reception and they accommodated our party of 77 with ease. There was never a stressful moment.

I cannot say enough about this resort and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: Choose ocean view or ocean front. If you want to have a private check-in, unlimited free internet a...
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. Congratulations! We are so happy to know you had a great wedding with your family and friends. We will share your comments with the operations staff, especially with Pilar.

We sincerely regret you did not have same experience at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. They are also well known about the service that the staff provides. We will share your comments with them to let them know your feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to welcome you again for your first wedding anniversary at our beautiful Now Jade Riviera Cancun.

Commerce Township, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I traveled 12/10/11-12/17/11 here. We booked 2 rooms, one JR. suite with ocean view, one Preffered suite ocean view. My kids had a great room, building 6, the Jr. suite, clean, and they had a huge balcony...as for our room.The first night we moved 3 times. our first room in building 9, the corner OV room was bug infested, so they moved us to building 6, which they put 2 double beds together, the AC made noise and the towel rack was falling. After speaking, yet again with the manager, we were put in building 7..Ocean FRONT!! corner unit, amazing...the next morning we did the 90 minute tour of the dreams for our $200 spa gift certificate and 2 free snorkle lessons..it is not 90 miniutes, they wanted 4 hours and didn;t tell us until we got to the dreams..so we left, never did get any certificates. Room service: they were not cleaning our room by 4:00, so another call to management. they tuned down our room only twice. Now the hotel was only 50% full, but the beach service was poor, you want a drink go get it yourself..as for the restaurants..we ate italian twice, great food and Asian( spice) 3 times..amazing food hibatchi and regular..the buffet was OK and the mexican restaurant was only opened one night and the service was horrible...The french was OK, but very small portions and the mediterrain was never opened...If you want a good drink, visit Jaun Carlos at the lobby bar..tell him Ms. susan sent you and visit Darius at the beach bar..both work at night and they were great !!!I will not be ging back here, nor any other of the hotels...for what we paid , this was if anything a 2 star hotel..they have a lot to improve to make me want to ever go back...we rode into playa del carmen, with people from the Dreams and Now Sapphire and they were disappointed with their hotels as well...I met too many people that had to change rooms and were not happy...

Room Tip: building 6 or 7..3rd floor
Dear Sir / Madam,

We want to apology for the inconvenience of having you moved to another room. Our housekeeping staff has standards and procedures to ensure that any guest enjoys a clean and comfortable environment in our resort. All of the comments are shared with the involved departments to improve our service in all possible ways.

We appreciate your comments about the staff, Juan Carlos and Darius will be so happy to know they were able to assist you.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Social Media

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!