We arrived back today 18th August after 2 weeks at the Azul Sensatori via Thomsons. Having read previous reviews I was slightly concerned, but on the whole I would say that the pros out weighed the cons.
Pros: Transfer time from Cancun is about 30 mins. The hotel and its facilities are very clean. We (myself ,husband and daughters aged 12 and 15) stayed in the premium block which entitles you to certain perks such as better sun loungers which the pool attendent will reserve and put out towels for you, the pool is also less crowded than the family section and quieter than the 'adult only section'. The pool waiter is always on hand to get you drinks if you can't drag yourself to the well stocked swim up bar.We were also entitled to free internet access on one device, however my Blackberry would not 'play ball' so the hotel offered us free use of one of their lap tops. The staff are friendly and good at their jobs (with the exception of one waiter in spoons who kept his head down till the last day when he was obviously after a tip) .I am aware that the beach has been criticised by others but I must say that I think the hotel do their best with the limited resources that mother nature has given them at this location.
Cons:The food can become very limiting especially for a 2 week stay, and on our last night the 2 most popular of the 5 restaurants were closed due to a beach party which was then rained off! The resident show cast were completely 'up themselves' and seemed to treat the audience with distain. The best acts we saw were a Lionel Ritchie tribute and a Mexican magician. We did speak to other travellers who said that the Sensatoris in Europe were much better. I would also say that considering the hotel is realatively new the gym equipment looks very dated. Our children made lots of friends but mainly through their own endeavours and not through the teen club.
My husband has asked that I give a special mention to the 'egg man' in spoon who provided him with fried aggs every morning.
I hope this isn't too negative a review, as to me, service and cleanliness are the 2 most important aspects in a hotel and the Azul Sensatori has them in spades.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Gourmet Inclusive®, 438-suite hotel is just 20 minutes from the airport in Cancun. Special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. Azul Sensatori caters to kids and teenagers, with the Azulitos Playhouse and Extreme Breeze Teens Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos