Just got back from this hotel - spent 10 days with wife and 11 month old baby.
Short transfer from Cancun airport (Corona has never tasted so good as it did on the coach - on sale from the driver for about £2!)
The first room we were put in was in the family block and was dark and damp with no sea view (we had requested and paid for one) so I complained and we got moved to the premium section. The room was large and the a/c worked very well. Better sea view but still not a full sea view (aparently to get a 'proper' sea view you have to request an 'ocean view (as opposed to a sea view) room')..
Slighly wierd as large hot tub in the main bedroom , we didn't use it though as it would probably make the room very damp!
Restaurants generally excellent but the mexican one was a bit of a let down - too bland and not what we expected.
Many lovely huge clean pools and pool bars, all spirits and drinks including champagne included on AI.
Evening entertainment fairly tame and started quite late but didn't take over as it does in some hotels.
Overall service from all staff brilliant - all genuinely very friendly and did care. 24 hour room service (included in the AI package) was excellent.
Kids area was fantastic - loads of toys available for her to play with and even borrow to take to the room for free.
Kids club looked fun - the kids there looked like they were having a great time.
Down sides - very isolated so felt a little trapped after a week.
No sea view as outlined above.
Wife's white bikinini turned green after few days - must be the chlorine in the pool (we hope!)
Beach area not great - rocky and uninviting rough water - the red flag was up for the whole 10 days.
Food fairly repetitive (but there are 6 restaurants so you could vary it quite well).
Overall had a great time and would recommend this hotel AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT EXPECTING SOME KIND OF 5 STAR BOUTIQUE HOTEL (as it is advertised as) as it is not this - it is a very nice 4+ star and as long as you expect this and don't pay too much to go then you'll have a good time. I hope.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Gourmet Inclusive®, 438-suite hotel is just 20 minutes from the airport in Cancun. Special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. Azul Sensatori caters to kids and teenagers, with the Azulitos Playhouse and Extreme Breeze Teens Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.