My wife and I went to this hotel not by choice but because we were to attend a wedding, having said that I was very happy with most things and to be honest if it was closer I would consider returning. Indeed if my wife's ring which I paid nearly £400 for from the hotel shop turns her finger green I can assure I will definitely be returning!!
No it would not rank as a 5* hotel in Europe but it is not in Europe and people should consider that when making their assessment. In normal 5* hotels you would not have people wandering around in flip flops and swimming trunks on an evening, however this is a holiday hotel which is well frequented by Americans who, when on holiday like to dress casual. Personally I would much prefer it if the hotel enforced their dress code but they very rarely do, money as they say talks.
Generally the food was very acceptable, particularly in Spoons where the choice was extensive and the service brilliant. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Caribean restaurant but the Italian was nice but as previous reviewers have suggested a good bottle of wine can be expensive circa. $70. Of course you can stick to the house wine which I found half decent and perhaps have a nice one as a treat.
The rooms were very clean, pools well looked after and I particulary liked the roundal building were they served afternoon tea.
The beach was cleaned on a daily basis and you didn't have to fight to get a sun bed, however the hotel was only 65% occupied when we were there so maybe we were lucky.
There was some tiling work going on which made access to our building difficult and should have been planned better.
The hotel is a little isolated and when they tell you it is so many minutes to somewhere you should generally add 50% to it.
All in all if asked would I recommend the hotel I would have to say yes but don't bother taking any particularly smart evening wear.
By the way I am writing this review in the Bangalore Sheraton which really is a 5* hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Gourmet Inclusive®, 438-suite hotel is just 20 minutes from the airport in Cancun. Special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. Azul Sensatori caters to kids and teenagers, with the Azulitos Playhouse and Extreme Breeze Teens Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.