“Lots to love” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Puerto Morelos km 27.5 | Manz 37, Super Manz 12, Bahia Petempich, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 34%
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Lots to love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just spent a week here with my wife and two children. I'll break it down, but my overall assessment is that this place is a winner.
Arrival: Barely 15-20 minutes south of the airport in Cancun, it's lovely to arrive to a cold moist fresh smelling towel, and a glass of champagne. They even brought special drinks for our kids. Nice start.
Rooms. Leyser the bellhop, took us to our rooms, giving us a mini tour en route, and providing little pearls of wisdom as we walked. We had two connected rooms that overlooked the pool and the beach, in the family section. A king for us, and two queens for our kids. Nice having two full bathrooms. The lock on our sliding door to the balcony was broken. There was someone there to fix it in 6 minutes. They hype the in room jaccuzis, we used it once. Takes a long time to fill, and the water is tap, so it has this funky smell. Leyser reminded us not to drink the tap, but plenty of bottled water provided. The showers were just meh, fair temp, but not a lot of water pressure. Yes the sinks are elevated, but not a big deal for us. Overall comfy beds, nice pillows, and quite clean.The balconies even have little extendable racks to dry swimsuits and stuff.
Food: Three main restaurants for B,L,D, and another for dinner only. Spoons is the main buffet, with lots of choices, where most families with little kids ate. One could always find something good. It was certainly the quickest option. The Mexican was also great for any meal, with an abbreviated buffet option at lunch, including ceviches and great tortilla soup you do yourself. The ala carte options are great, fresh fish tacos...Nice! The seafood place was also great, nice options for all meals, relaxed, friendly service. The Tapaz, right off the lobby for dinner had a fixed 6 course menu of small bites. Once through them all, you could just ask for a repaet of any course you liked. This was a very nice meal as well. We did not eat at Le Chique. When we went to make a res, they said it's a 3 hour meal. The kids club is only open for two hours in the evening. They said we could get a sitter for the extra hour at $50 for our two kids, on top of the surcharge to eat there. We passed. There is a nice daily BBQ on the beach, with grilled items, Paella, and salads, with a nice area of picnic tables amongst the palm trees to enjoy it all in. Overall food quality better than anywhere we've eaten in Mexico. But remember, you're still at an AI resort in Mexico.
Amenities: The pools, bars, public areas, kids club, beach, all very well kept. Neat clean. Our kids loved the club, with a large variety of activities, both indoors and out. They didn't want to leave. The entertainment in the evenings is typical resort fare, but that being said, it was all well done, and was entertaining. The fire show on the beach, and the music laden shows in the rooftop facility were just fine.
The Experience: Overall this was a great trip, and it's largely due to the people. Everyone was friendly, and helpful. There is alot to do here, or do nothing if you like. We liked the little thatched retreat just behind the Mexican retaurant, with big day beds and swings, where you could have a little self serve icecream cone, or an afternoon coffee, and just relax. There are alot of folks from all over the place, couples, families with young children, groups for weddings. It was all good. Everyone was pleasant and respectful.
Overall, I'd recommend the place, and my kids were already asking when we can come back.I'm sure we will.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,326)
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Fantastic. Amazing choice and quality of food with polite and extremely helpful waiters. We have a six year old fussy eater and the restaraunts will prepare anything we ask for. All of the facilities are exceptional from our room down to the pool side. The entertainment is fabulous with great attentive staff which are a credit to this hotel with a special mention to Oscar who is fantastic. The girls in the kids club are outstanding as are the facilities in the play house. This is the most amazing place that we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view although it does not really matter as all of the views are very good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is by far the BEST vacation I have ever had. You just can't find a more beautiful hotel to stay at. I'm OCD on clean and it was spotless, the front desk help from Victor, so pleasant and always with a smile. To the staff swim up bar - Juilio, Rodrigo,Mariano such a pleasure. Douglas who sets up the snorkel and scubba diving,such kindness. Aldo at the front enterance, Roberto, Roberto, Roberto....pool service....we loved all of you.Resturants, the food was fantastic, and just can't say enough about the staff and immaculate hotel and rooms. I'll be back.

Room Tip: 4th floor any room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am writing this review whilst on my 3rd day at this hotel. It is beautiful and the staff are amazing, I have never had such good service from smiling friendly people nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is very good with plenty of choice. My main concerns are that the adult section and the beach are the only 2 comfortable areas where cabanas are provided, the pool is spoilt by the constant stream of drunken noisy ( to the screaming extent) Americans and Canadians, I believe everyone should have a great time on holiday but god help us and save us from these rude arrogant people who give no thought to anyone else's feelings. It is really sad because many of the guests are saying the same thing and will not return. It affects all guests even those with young families as the noise and lack of dress code spills into all areas of the resort. I am looking at the pool now and it has scum on the surface from the spilt drinks and cigarette ash going into the water. An amazing hotel spoilt by the lack of choice in comfortable areas to sit, this is the first hotel I have visited where sunbed mattresses are not provided in all areas (premium guests get them). I have 10 days remaining and am at a loss where to go during the day as I cannot lie on the plastic beds they break your back. Sadly I will not be returning and I feel it is a great shame because it could be an amazing holiday.

Room Tip: If you want comfort by the pool pay premium for a decent sunbed in more relaxed surroundings
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Azul Sensatori at the back end of September / start of October 2012.

Firstly I will say there were a couple of slight...and I mean slight issues whilst there, I think I will mention these first:
1 - The most important in my eyes was the price I had to pay to get the Dr to help my unwell wife. She had developed an ear infection (not the hotels fault) and it ended up costing us $210 USD for him to see her and then give antibiotics, In his defence he was very nice and did his job, but bloody expensive!
2:The entertainment was not what I would expect from a 5 star! we had a dance group that was apparently already famous in mexico....utter rubbish! a dodgy reggae band and the host (I think his name was robbie) was an [--], he treated the other members of the animation team like dirt when they were all very good at thier job
3: there is a definate two tiered guest system. considering the hotel it all inclusive, there are upgrades you have to pay a hefty amount for!

now on to the good bits:

The hotel is beautifully looked after, the gardens are well maintained, the staff were always friendly and willing to help
The food was great, we stayed for 10 days and had no problems having food we liked. I would however not go to the Carribiean place more than once, it was not up to the standards of the others.....The beach BBQ was amazing!

The rooms are very spacious...quite basic in some ways but more than enough to keep a couple happy.

There is enough pool area to get exactly what you want, you can relax and do nothing, or have more than a few to drink and be part of a good crowd.

I dont want to keep going cause I could be at it all day if I go into detail.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First time at an all exclusive and I loved it. Went for a wedding, it was beautiful. Ceremony on the rooftop overlooking everything and reception at the beach.

Think we ordered room service everyday. Was awesome! Great food at all restaurants. Staff was very friendly. Remember you are on vacation in Mexico and things are a little slower. But who cares it's vacation. Go to the Buffett if you need food now. It's all good.

Bar time was great be if at the swim up bar or the mojito bar. Bartenders were very friendly and fun. Making great drinks. Bring money to trip they work hard.

Overall highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Terrific , faultless , rooms , restaurant's , bars , pools , beach everything was great and the staff from the concierge's to the waiter's , waitresses , pool staff , to the room maids to the sweeper uppers ( if that's a word ) were all lovely people who you felt all wanted you to enjoy your holiday . I have stayed at other Karisma Resorts and think they really are spot on , well worth the money you pay , was there end of October beginning of November weather great , a few party' s of dare I say " noisy yanks " there but hey there on their hols and not as bad as some make out , not bad at all really , fun to watch in fact . My wife and I got upgraded cos we'd been to other Karisma Resorts this was great , not sure I'd pay the 900 dollars for it but it was great , but would advise anyone to stay at Sensatori and if you did'nt enjoy it , well . . . . . .

Room Tip: Just the usual if like high up or ground level or sea view or whatever just ask , I'm sure they...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!