“Amazing hotel, staff, food and entertainment!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Puerto Morelos km 27.5 | Manz 37, Super Manz 12, Bahia Petempich, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 35% Off + Kids Free
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
wakefield
“Amazing hotel, staff, food and entertainment!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

This is the most amazing hotel that I have ever stayed in. Mexico is a beautiful place and would love to return. I will be booking another sensatori hotel soon. The reps were fantastic really helpful. The rooms were so luxurious. Bar staff were great and the food was out of this world. This hotel is a must if you are looking for an amazing romantic hotel. It is in a very quiet area (no shops bar or resteraunts nearby) it's around a 30minute journey to cancun or playa carmen. If quiet and romantic is what you are looking for book now if your looking for party party party look at cancun. I would not book a swim up suite as there is no privacy in these rooms.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,047)
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My partner and I visited the Sensatori last year for 2 weeks in September and absolutely loved it. We would be returning this year if we hadn't just had a baby! But will certainly be returning next year.

From the moment we arrived, the staff were fantastic and first impressions were stunning. We were in block 3 overlooking the Zavaz restaurant. Everything was kept immaculately clean and tidy from the reception to the pools to the rooms.

Restaurants :
Le Chique - brilliant experience
Italian - Amazing food but get there early so you don't have to wait too long for a table as the restaurant is quite small. They do have a brilliant system though, they give you a "flasher" which you can take with you and have a drink upstairs and when your table is ready it flashes and vibrates (I thought it was very cool!)
Spoons - We ate every morning here and most lunch times. Great choice of food, always hot, cooking stations were great. Can't fault it.
Caribbean - Only ate here once as we weren't too fussed on the menu as we're not big fish eaters, but the meal we did have there was lovely.
Mexican - Lovely food - would highly recommend the steak on mash with lentils (craved it while pregnant!)
Tapaz - I didn't like this as I'm quite a fussy eater and like to know what I'm eating but my partner quite liked it. Great if you like that sort of food.
All in all the restaurants are brilliant and service is second to none. Also room service is great when you've been out to Coco Bongos and fancy a pizza and brownies at 3am!!

Pool area is always clean and tidy and the waitresses are brilliant. They remember what you have to drink even when you haven't tipped so the people on here who say you have to tip to get good service are talking absolute rubbish.
The beach isn't amazing but they do their best to make it clean and tidy. I personally don't like the beach so this wasn't an issue for us. I think some people should actually read up on the resort they're going to before they book! We did and we knew exactly what to expect.

Mojito lounge is great to have a drink and chill out and the shows were good if you like to sit and watch.

To sum it up - Amazing holiday, can't fault it, will be back there next year!

Couple from Wales, 22

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ansonia, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I think the 2 main reasons people should consider an all-inclusive resort is for the unlimited food and drink options. So most of my review will be about just that.
The food was fabulous...ESPECIALLY because of the Le Chique restaurant. We are foodies and really have an appreciation for the innovative interactive techniques they offered. Make sure to make a reservation, and guys - make sure you bring pants with you! You do need to dress up for the restaurant, but it makes it more of an event than just going to dinner. It's an experience that's unique, interesting, and delicious!
I'd recommend Spoon for breakfast - you can order off the menu or do the buffet. The buffet has both hot and cold options, along with an omelet and crepe station.
For lunch you have a couple of different options: 1. beach bar (burgers, dogs, sausage, chicken, ribs, salads), 2. mexican restaurant (mexican entree options, along with sandwiches and pizza options), 3. zavaz (burgers, including a vegetarian option), 4. Spoon (hot/cold buffet options, along with a stir fry and pasta station) - all restaurants have a salad bar to begin the meal
For dinner - Italian was okay, never ate at Spoon, but couldn't decide between the others as to which was our favorite. The tapas restaurant was delicious - with a bonus of the menu changing every 3 days - so you can go there twice and not feel like you are having the same meal. Mexican and Carribbean were great as well!

The bars were great - fun waiters and multiple options of locations to choose from. The only beer they have is Dos Equis, which is quite tasty and served on tap. They have multiple types of tequila, vodka, rum, etc. They have a menu of both mixed and frozen drinks which you can order off of or create your own. There is no fresh fruit for the frozen drinks, but still yum!

The beach does have seaweed, but they work hard to keep it as clean as possible. Besides the seaweed, the beach is very clean, white sand, and so relaxing.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfy, showers are big and have hot water with good water pressure.

Staff is top notch!

ENJOY!!! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Nothing could fault this holiday, it was amazing. We'd waited for 2 years and it was worth the wait. The hotel is beatiful, the rooms imaculate. The food is the best I've ever tasted with a wide range of restaurants to suit everyone's taste. You can even order in to your room. The beach is a bit of a let down but thats the only thing. There's tons of sea weed but that's it, we didn't really spend much time on the beach anyway. The pools are big and seemed deserted. There's entertainment at night but it isn't the best if you want something for small children. Service is amazing, waiters constantly filling your drinks up. There is lots of things to do in the day and if you wish to take trips out you just have to talk to someone there and they can arrange everything for you.

We went on Xel- Ha and I certainley recommend it. It's a beatiful place and there is sooo much to do. I would recommend you spend more than 1 day there. We only had one day and it was fantastic but wished for more:
We also went to a place where we swam with Dolphins, Seals and Manatees which was also amazing but where secure trunks/ bikini bottoms and tops as they fall down easily with the Dolphins. Here which was a suprise we swam with sting rays:
Who went: Two parents 36&39 and our 14 year old daughter who also loved it.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the 3rd floor rooms that way whatever the weather your balcony will not get wet at...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I couldn't help reading a ton of reviews on here before writing this and I have to say I'm amazed by lots of them, the negatives that is. I can only imagine they have been written by Thompson competitors because the majority are simply untrue.
I have just come back from my honeymoon there and have never felt so melancholic, it was amazing !!
Right form the start we found the staff couldn't do enough for us, they were so friendly and helpful and always happy and polite.
everyone has different taste when it comes to food so it would be impossible to like everything there but there's enough variation to please all. We loved the Caribbean, it was our favourite but I have to say, stupidly we were put off Spoons because of reviews on here and this was a mistake. We had to get up very early to swim with whales so decided we'd go there for a " quick " breakfast. Well, we were amazed by the choice on offer and the quality and went back 3 times for lunch and breakfast. Le Chique was interesting and you should go. They describe it as an eating experience and it sure is !! It took 2 hours and the food was strange, gorgeous, artistic, funny and actually quite awesome.
The swimming pools were spotless and many and varied. It was lovely to chill and then saunter over to the swim up bar for some atmosphere and lots of colourful drinks. If you get fed up with the million different cocktails on offer, simply ask for a beer or a vodka and tonic or whatever takes your fancy, they'll probably have it.
We actually loved the beach, I say actually as everyone seems to be slagging it off. Look guys, they cannot help seaweed, a hurricane broke some of the coral up and now they get seaweed. They do their very best to clean it up ( more than they'd do in the UK !! ) and they rake the beach every morning. It was peaceful and fantastic to chill on the available beds if you wished before jumping back on the sun loungers. Need a dip ? 30 seconds and you're in the hotel pool and then back to the serenity of the beach.
Our room was beautiful and included a free mini bar, topped up twice a day if required. Didn't take advantage of this but nice to know i could have. EVERY ceramic tile floor has the potential to be slippy. USE YOUR HEADS folks and don't walk on it with wet feet. you are in a tropical environment, they cannot help humidity. I think some people aren't happy if they're not moaning !!
The ONLY negative i have is sadly the Thompson reps. We had a slight problem and the rep manager was dreadful. Her attitude was appalling and my time with her was the nearest I got to being wound up and angry my whole time there. They were very difficult to get into contact with and didn't reply to phone answering machine messages. They told me it doesn't work which given they NEVER answer the phone is somewhat of a niggle to say the least. Aside form this, My wife and I have a very heavy heart now we're back in the UK. I'd definitely recommend this resort, yes it's a lot of money, but it's worth it !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We have just returned after a week at Azul Sensatori from Jun 30 to July 7 for our niece's wedding. i think this is really a great place for a family with little kids. The kids pool on the north side of the property is a wonderful asset. I felt the food was wonderful, definitely comparable to a cruise, and I cannot fault the service at all. i felt that most, if not all, of the wait staff, front desk people, housekeepers, etc were very friendly and accomodating.

We had the most inexpensive room and were very happy with it. it was spacious, nicely designed, and unlike other reviewers, I did not find the floor slippery at all. I loved the shower "stall".

My only complaint about this place is the quite deplorable condition of the beach, and this is what takes away from the supposed 5 star rating. I don't see how it can qualify with the basically unswimmable section right in front of the hotel. Tip, if you walk about 5 minutes north along the shore the beach gets alot nicer with larger patches of clear areas. You won't get any loungers but if you are dedicated to your ocean swims its worthwhile. Otherwise I quite enjoyed the pool. It is so large it is not crowded at all.

I would definitely return to this hotel, but probably won't just for the fact that I pretty much never go to the same place twice! I like to see different areas.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Just returned from our daughters wedding at the sensatori and although the wedding was fantastic, even though it was raining, I have to say i was disapointed with aspects of the hotel.
Good Points
As the wedding party was a mixture of adult couples and families, I would say the hotel is set up very nicely to allow families and couples to mix were necessary, but also allow couples to enjoy an adult only type holiday if they wish.

Le Chique is fantastic, ignore the reviews on serving times and small portions, these are correct, but if you went there to add pounds to your waistline, you have completely missed the point of it, Check out TV programmes by Heston Blumenthal and you will get the essence of Le Chique, also book on the day you arrive or you may not get in, ignore the rules of only booking 2 days in advance, thats rubbish, we booked 6 days in advance.

Generally food elsewhere was reasonable, although we only stayed 1 week, 2 weeks and the choice of food would become mundane

We had young Grandchildren in the party and the kids club complex was excellent
Staff extremely friendly

Bad Points
room was certainly not 5 star, more 3 star, with an extremely damp feel, mirrors not cleaned, furniture dated, decor sparse and mini bar poor.(we were in the Azul section)

service in restaurants slow with italian particulary bad

Lack of altenative venue for wet weddings( we had rain nearly everyday!!!)
with the wedding day wet, the staff were at a loss what to do, we were offered an alternative, next to the mojito lounge, but this was a poor substitute to the beach, we badgered them into using the sky massage deck( undercover grass hut overlooking the beach) this had never been used before for weddings and the staff lacked the imagination to dress it as a wedding venue, so we did it ourselves. Afterwards every commented it was so much nicer than the beach gazebo, so if it rains on your wedding day, push for the sky massage deck and dont accept no for an answer.

Internet expensive, certainly not free as we were led to believe

I feel we had a reasonable holiday at the Sensatori, but dont feel it was value for money, it was chosen by our Daughter for her wedding, so we had no say. 2 years ago we stayed at the Excellence Playa Mujeres, which is the other side of Cancun and the experience was like the difference between, chalk and cheese. The excellence hotels are my opinion are 5star+ and the rooms/service so much better, you pay slightly more but you will reap the benefits.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Azul Sensatori Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!