We recently returned from Ocean Coral / Turquesa and stayed here based the size of our family and balanced against trip advisor reviews. As all who travel with a family larger than 4 will agree, travel packages are generally geared to 4 so those with larger families struggle to find reasonably priced accommodations. Ocean Coral was the best value possible as suites are available for considerably less than the competition. We chose to upgrade to "privelege" status - recommended - which even with this extra cost was still considerably cheaper that any other resort. The privelege area also includes it's own pool area which is quieter than the other 3 pool areas - all of which are beautiful. Some have posted complaints about the beach here. The beach here is no different than any other beach in this area (south of Cancun to north of Tulum). The "sea weed" which is the subject of complaints is really just seagrass - not objectionable as it is more like a soft straw that what people generally think of with the term "sea weed". The reason for this is that most of the coast between Cancun and Tulum is protected by a coral reef (generally a major reason visitors are attracted here by the way) which reduces a level of the surf which is what keeps the seagrass in check in other areas. Most of the hotels have sweepers and constantly clean the beaches to minimize this. In general, if you are looking for calm waters and world class snorkeling and diving, this is your place and Ocean Coral / Turquesa is a great value. If you are looking for prestine beaches and surf, you may want to look to an area not protected by a coral reef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos