My wife and I, along with our 2 kids (11 and 9), spent spring break here. My wife and I have been to the Riviera Maya 6-8 times. The last 4 times we stayed at adults only resorts including 2 Excellences and the Royal. We have also stayed at the RIU palace and Iberostar Tucan in Playa. This resort falls right in between the RiU and Iberostar (both "family-type" resorts) and the nice adults only resorts. The buildings and landscaping are newer and nice. The room looks nice, but some little things kept it from feeling so nice. The bed was pretty firm, the pull out couch where the kids slept was horribly uncomfortable, the balcony door lock was broken, and the shower leaked. Housekeeping took a long time if we needed extra towels, which we often did because they would usually only leave 2 (even though we requested extra).
The food was ok. The Italian and Mexican restaurants were pretty good.
I understand that we were there on the first week that the reservation system changed. We did not need to make reservations during the day. We just walked up to restaraunts and put our name in. We were then given a buzzer and went to wait. There seemed to be far to few servers and staff, as there were often empty tables and a wait of more than 1 hour. Also, the dress code is bizarre. At the Italian restaraunt, I saw a hostess turn away a woman because she had plastic on her sandals. The woman was very well dressed. They were very insistant that there be no plastic on sandals. Very wierd.
Our kids had a great time. This is not the nicest place in the area by a longshot, but I don't want my kids to know that there is anywhere nicer than this. That gets expectations too high. They thought the hotel was great and we had a fun time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos