We stayed at Ocean Coral and Turquesa Resort with a group of 13 other people. These were older adults, several in their early 20's, and teenagers too.
We stayed in a privilege room, while the rest of the group were in regular rooms. Paying for a privilege room has advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantage is that the Jacuzzi on the patio was really only big enough for one person. Two would have been squished. And you had to fill it up each time you wanted to use it.
When we tried to make a reservation for our group, they would only reserve a table for the 2 of us in the privilege room, and not for anybody in our group who was in a regular room. That was both a surprise and a disappointment.
We noticed that the miniature liquor bottles in the mini fridge were not restocked every day. And there was a serious lack of towel racks and/or hooks to hang towels in the bathroom.
Most of the advantages were not things we absolutely needed, but were nice. For example, the top shelf liquor was good, but the regular liquor had equally good brands to chose from. And it was nice not having to have a towel card, but it wasn't worth the extra price, by itself.
We did use the pillow menu to get softer pillows. But we hardly used the butler service at all. Using the privilege desk for checking in probably avoided some of the check-in hassle others have reported.
What we really enjoyed, and felt it made the privilege room worthwhile, was the privilege lounge, where we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, at various times during our stay. This lounge is not crowded (very important), and the waiter/waitress service is excellent. The food was fantastic, and my girlfriend, who is much pickier about food than I am, really raved about every meal we had there. She really liked the tapas for lunch, and the lobster dinner she had (with 3 lobster tails)!
The resort is nice and other posters have given good descriptions of it. I was surprised that there was no nearby place to get a drink at the activities (volleyball, etc.) pool, but there was a bar at the kiddie pool (which did have a deep end for adults).
I enjoyed the lush garden view we had from our room on the ground floor, which made us believe we were in the last building on the property, as we could see no other building (even though it was building 6, and not the last). Walking around the resort the first day, I counted 7 iguanas about a foot in length, each. They weren't bothering anyone.
We had a rent-a-car and found that we could park the car very close to our room, outside the conference center.
We only saw one show (the Mexican one) during our stay and found it interesting. But I noticed that no one in our group liked the outdoor Italian restaurant meal they had. (I didn't eat there, so this is observational data only). I enjoyed all the regular restaurants I ate at.
The staff worked hard to please you, and I was really impressed by Pablo, who worked nights at the pool bar. He made a special effort to learn each guests name, and he was amazingly successful with ours. On a different note, one of our group was ordering drinks from the lobby bar one time, and the bartender asked him for a tip, before he would serve him. (My friend wisely refused to tip him).
They do sell souvenirs on Friday night, but not other nights, so plan accordingly.
One breakfast, one of the orange juice dispensers would stick in the open position after you filled your glass. Many people did not notice this as they quickly walked away, and soon there was a puddle of OJ on the floor. I alerted the staff to this problem, and their solution was to put a wet floor cone by the puddle. I think a better solution was in order.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and our group had lots of fun. We even enjoyed the wedding vow renewal ceremony we attended, on a balcony.
We would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos