I stayed at this resort 6 years ago with my family, around the time that it first opened, and I loved it. The service was great, the facilities were clean, and the resort was quiet and peaceful.
6 years is a relatively short period of time in the hotel world, but somehow between then and now this resort has gone from a 5-star to a 2-star (in my opinion). The service is TERRIBLE-- a nightmare, actually. It took my friends and I approximately an hour to check in and they were completely unapologetic. If you go to any of the bars/restaurants and expect to receive a quick drink or meal, you can just throw that notion out the window.
It should also be noted that the food is mostly horrible. The Hibachi restaurant, Sensai, is WAY overhyped and it was so hot inside that one of my friends almost fainted. The buffet looks gross but if you search, you can find a few things that are edible. Also stay away from the Villa Marina, it made me get sick the first night of our stay. The only place I would actually recommend is la Petit Creperie. The crepes are delicious and they also have good salads and pizza.
The pools were mostly hot, overcrowded, cesspools of locals who came for a rowdy weekend getaway. If you're looking to relax, walk down to the beach and enjoy the relative silence and clear waters-- or just stay somewhere else.
"Funny" side note: One of my friends got chips from the buffet and mixed in with her chips was a fried napkin. Yes, you read that right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos