My husband and I travel to OCT in May 2014. The hotel is very well appointed and laid out nicely along the beach. We were on the third floor, the rooms are nice size and kept very clean. We had no issues with our room. The atmosphere at the hotel was really nice and the servers made our vacation more enjoyable (especially Gabrelle Castillo and Teresa). There are 4 swimming pools and all laid out simply within the hotel, nothing seemed too far away. The swim up bar was very busy and they worked hard to keep up with the crowd. I noticed one of the supervisors jumping in to help during peak times :)
There were alot of really nice sitting areas at the hotel. So many unique chairs to just sit and take it in. Very well decorated. Familys or groups would gather in the evening to play cards, have cocktails, etc. They also had activity by the pool every evening whether it was a DJ or live music. This is smart IMO as people like to be pool side and it drew a big crowd, you could sit and watch by the pool or jump in and start dancing. Many hotels that i have stayed at close down the ocean/poolside bars to navigate the crowd which I have found to be a negative experience. People come to the ocean to be outdoors and near water! Which reminds me, the theatre being indoors was too hot. Either make it open air or provide air conditioning.
I considered this hotel to have a lot of extra "special" touches which I appreciated. A fruit smoothy bar by the pool all day, a chocolate bar and fountain one night that was amazing, so many choices. Appetizers by the pool/ocean one evening which was awesome as I prefer to have a little something to eat during evening cocktails then have dinner later. My only comment would be to have these events more frequently than once a week.
The food at this hotel was amazing!!! We usually ate after 7 pm and never had much of a wait to get a table. of course there was only 2 of us which probably helped. The Mexican restaurant, Italian, romantic adult only restaurant, Japanese and Marina restaurant were all excellent in taste and quality. The buffet and diner were ok. At several of the restaurants, I had steak prepared the way that I like it (med rare) without it being in sauce (which is what you normally get at AI hotels). We have stayed at many AI and paid more for such high quality restaurants. My only complaint would be that we did not get invited to the private chef dinner. Folks that we met while there did get invited and said that it was amazing to see how the kitchens are ran and how clean they are. Kudos to the chef!!! (I dont know his name since I didnt get to meet him :)).
The ocean... the beach is nice but the ocean is not clear. We knew this going in to it. We did walk the beach to Puerto Morelos one day then took a taxi back. It was about a 1 hour walk down the shore. There were some other hotels and houses to view while walking. The ocean had spots of that pretty green. When we reached Puerto Morelos, we went to a restaurant with an ocean view to have a cervasa and some fresh shrimp. It was good. We then went shopping and walking, during our walk we met a man from New York who had been living in PM as a snow bird for 17 years. He loved the town and felt very safe there. Meanwhile a lady from Colorado came up on her bike. They knew each other and she had a home there as well. They both loved the town and felt very safe. We shopped for a couple more hours then went to another restaurant with an ocean view for more cervasa & shrimp.
I would have liked to go to Playa Del Carmen but i wasnt willing to spend $90 for transportation. It would be nice if the hotel would provide "free" transportation to Playa a few days a week.
All in all, it was a great trip. We met some wonderful friends who have actually already booked to come back next year and have invited us to join.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Odigeo, Otel, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos