We arrived at the Ocean Coral and Turqusa resort on March 6, 2013 and stayed until the 16th. We had a gorgeous beachside wedding ceremony on Saturday March 9th. We had 20 guest that were able to make the trip as well. Ana Bautista and her wedding crew (Cynthia and Claudia) were outstanding. They did everything from ensuring the beach decor was set up, ordering our flowers, coordinating music (letting us customize our own), setting up for a champaign toast, ordering or photographer, scheduling hair and makeup appointments at the spa on the resort, scheduling the reception, and ordering our wedding cake. We had dinner/reception at the Marina Grill. The restaurant has a very beachy/open environment that overlooks the pool and palm trees. For dinner we had a Carribean grill that included steak, chicken, vegetables, and a baked potato. Nearly all the guests commented on how great dinner was. The wedding cake was delicious. We ordered coconut. We had a staff at the restaurant that were dedicated to getting us drinks and ensuring things were taken care of. The wine that was served was a bit watered down, but perhaps I say that because we are big wine drinkers at home. After the wedding we had a few drinks in the lobby bar which was always a great place to hang out. There is a large seating area and sometimes live entertainment. By far, the lobby was the most active lobby we have ever seen. To our advantage, on Saturdays at 10:30pm there is a live Latino band that plays at the Pool Bar. All of our guests relocated to the Pool Bar for a night of dancing to live music. Back in Chicago, to have a live band play at your wedding can cost up to $3,000. For us, it was FREE. It was the best night of our lives. We ended up staying for another week. We read many reviews before planning our trip and all the negative comments that we took note of noticed that all were quite petty. There was always a sun bathing chair to sit/lay in by the pool. The entire staff was incredible. Probably the best customer service I have ever seen. People were willing to do anything to make you happy. We had much appreciation for several members of the wait staff. One being, and that we still talk about til this day is Luis at Le Creperie. He was amazing!! We had our "dinner under the stars" a few days after our wedding there and Luis took care of us. He treated us like rockstars. Constantly making sure our glasses were filled. Our table was clean, and even took a few pictures for us. Our room was incredible. We stayed in the Honeymoon suit which included 2 rooms. A TV room and the master bedroom. There was a hot tub on our patio. It was a bit difficult to figure out how to run it, but with a quick call to the Privledge desk, someone was on their way to help. We also did a few excursions through the resort. I felt the safest booking through the resort even though there might have been some other places on the beach that sold for cheaper. We swam with the dolphins....no words for it beyond AWESOME!! I have never done something like that before and I highly recommend it. We also took a catamaran to Isla Mujeras. For $80 the excursion included transportation to and from, catamaran ride, open bar, lunch, snorkling, swim with a friendly shark, and stop for shopping on the island. The whole excursion was from 9-5pm and a great way to spend the day. Couple of tips for those that will be vacationing here soon: bring larger cups for drinks by the pool. We brough some Turvis Tumblers. The staff will fill any cup you give them. For drinks--ask for a double, they will give it to you. If you have the means, pay for the PRIVLEDGE status. You get top shelf drinks and it makes a difference. We would highly recommend the Ocean Coral and Turquesa. The entire experience is one that we will never forget and hope to make it back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos