The time we were actually at the hotel was wonderful. The problem was that upon check-in we were informed that the hotel was overbooked. At the end of the check in process we were informed of the issues with room availability. We were then offered an upgrade if we agreed to stay two of the nights of our trip in "Sandals" hotel nearby. We were assured over and over that the "Sandals" hotel was beautiful and that we would love it. We thought this was an opportunity to be closer to Playa Del Carmen and to also stay in a beautiful hotel. We stayed one night in a glorious room at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa and then the next day we were transported to the "Sandals" hotel. Imagine our surprise when the taxi they called for us delivered us to the "Sandos" hotel. The room was horrible compared to the room that we had paid for at the original hotel. There were many people in line at this hotel that had been shuttled here from the original hotel. I called the Ocean Coral & Turquesa practically begging to go back there, only to be told that they were full. We spent two nights at the "Sandos" hotel. Thankfully that hotel bent over backwards to try to make our stay pleasant. They upgraded our room. Upon our return to the Ocean Coral & Turquesa they gave us great services. But the turmoil that we went through and moving in and out of three rooms in six days was very stressful. Sadly I will not go back to this beautiful resort. Will rethink using Funjet again also, as this is probably the source of the overbooking problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos