“Very Nice All-Inclusive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Coral & Turquesa

Save Saved
You added Ocean Coral & Turquesa to your Saves list
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   SM 12, Mza 15, Lote 1-02, 103 Predio Maria Irene | Municipio Benito Juarez, Puerto Morelos 77511 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Transfers
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Nice All-Inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have gotten away from A-I's for the past 10 or so years. We chose C&T to accommodate a a group.
Accommodations: Clean, spacious, all resort areas were immaculate. The beds and linens were fine - not as good as home but that is to be expected. Bathroom was fine, separate tub and shower, good water pressure. I saw some complaints about the open bathroom but it's really no big deal. Rooms have a multitude of light switches.
Staff: Excellent from check-in to servers, housekeepers, maintenance, etc. We were always greeted with a smile.
Food: No problem getting into the speciality restaurants. Portions were more than adequate. Buffet was fresh. Beef is never as good abroad as it is as home so we stick with seafood.
Drinks: House wine was okay at best - mixed drinks, frozen drinks were great.
Beach: Beach towel reservations are required if you want a group of chairs. Some seaweed but it's not slimey stuff, sort of like soft pine needles. Staff were working constantly to keep the beach clean.
Pools: Immaculate - lots of activities going on at the middle pool. The party pool was just that - not for the kiddies and grandparents.
Spa: Amazing - beautiful, full service, heated pool, steam room, sauna and excellent massage and facial. Do not miss this!
Family area: No kids in our party but the area looked great - pool, playground equipment, games, etc.
My negative comment concerns other guests. Very drunk, loud and vulgar group gathered at the pool bar made waiting for drinks uncomfortable. The resort has little control over the mentality of their guests.
Cabs are expensive to Puerto Morelos; we walked it in about 1 hour.

Room Tip: We were in block #8, close to the party pool. They use this area as the "disco" at 10:30...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear lidobraco,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your observations regarding your stay in our property. It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and appreciated the beauty and cleanliness of our facilities. Furthermore that we were able to provide you and your group with a delightful stay. We regret that the behavior and attitude of some of our guests made you feel uncomfortable. Please allow us to inform you that our resort counts with a very efficient security team that is in charge of ensuring the security within our facilities in case of a guest does not respect the norms of our resort. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you and your group for the second time in a near future. We see you soon.

5,945 people have reviewed this hotel

2048
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,307)
  • Polish first
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Let me start with saying one of the best vacations in yrs., and it was all because of the best staff we have ever had!!!!! The resort itself was really nice with a beautiful beach. It was windy but hot so we got lucky and had the best weather in yrs also. I am going to be as honest as I can, We have been doing all inclusive for about 18 yrs so we can compare, This place was beautiful with 3 nice pools and a big swim up bar in the middle one. It was really big so there were dead spots for service but no big deal, they always had something fun to try and a perfect layout because if you wanted sun or shade you had both all day.
it was moms birthday and we had got the privilege deal(we got it 5 months early to get 10 days and only paid $100 a person for 10 days but I heard it was a lot more if you booked later. The thing we got was a butler and I said who the heck needs a butler, Turns out we did, In all our travels we have never been so lucky as to meet someone like Alex, Mom has a new hip and we got the best help getting her there and back from the airlines so she didn't have to walk to much and when we got to our room it was nice ocean view 3rd floor but really far and she was so sad because it would have been to much walking but a perfect room as we asked,
Alex knew mom was disappointed and worried about the distance, I got mom settled in and went to the desk to see what I could do. the staff was very 2 young kids without any power to do anything and wanted me to come back the next day. I really didn't want to do that when all of a sudden l heard Alex say don't worry. I waited a min for him to come out and he had raced to the desk and fixed it BEFORE I even got there.
He got us ground floor with a better ocean view right by the restaurant and quiet pool. We couldn’t move till the next day but they did everything
All I had to do was about 10 I went to the old room and took my safe stuff in the new room so I could just play all day. About 2 the office girl meet me to give me the key so I didn't have to waste my sunny day in the lobby, Just the best, They were all like that!!
There was a beautiful lobby bar with an outside deck that had to be 40 or more ft wide but wrapped around. Huge with the most amazing view of the ocean, Now the complaint, Only 1 night had music and I love live music in a lobby bar. As I said it is beautiful but if you have been to some of the big Iberostar or Rios its not as marble exotic but like I said it is beautiful and really well kept
Pools
Pools were all clean and warm when we were they
there was a quiet pool at the south end of the resort which was nice if you just wanted to sit and have a rest and read.
The swim up pool had a nice ocean view and an easy way into the water so mom just loved It. I love swim up bars because there is always someone fun to talk to, The music was different. In the morning I cant tell what it was but very odd because I didn't know it but good than in the afternoon more classic stuff I know but it was all fun. The pool I didn't get to until the end was a big family pool at the north end of the resort.
It had all the exercises and just a fun playful atmosphere. I wish I had gone there earlier but the other 2 were just so good,

This is always the hard one. I love to try stuff and there was a lot to try. I loved it all but I Know not everyone will but there was a great selection so you will always be to full. We went for 10 days and after 5 I had to stop eating breakfast!! I caned 9 lbs in 10 days.
The only one that was a bit under was the snack bar at the quiet pool but it was mainly for a light snack and it did that nicely, I went there to sit in bar stool chairs by the pool over looking the ocean which was soooo nice.
At the family pool there was a big outdoor but covered restaurant that I went to at night a few times for great dinners but I didn't get it had lunch. A great lunch with a really good variety and a great view to enjoy Even had a wind dispenser like a beer tap so just fill you mug Glad I didn't find it earlier or I would have added 15 lbs instead of 9.The Japanese Show cooking was fun and the only one I have been to in yrs that the food was as good as the show. Went twice to it. Thursday is seafood night at the buffet and it was almost to good, At least 6 different shrimps and great fresh cooked fish, Chocolate and vanilla fountains and a bunch of deserts. The buffet was the biggest we have seen in yrs. The Italian was really nicely set up and this is were its hard to tell about food, Mom and I had the same dinner and it was different but I loved it and she didn't at all so you have to pick food yourself, I cant remember the name but the one at the north of the pool is just great but they have some dishes you have to buy at about $35 to $45 US but there was so much other it wasn't a problem. The Mexican was also really good. I missed the American but a few people said the ribs were the best they had and there was a monster hamburg.

Water Sports
The wind didn't make it rough on shore because the reef protects it but the kayaks never got out and I missed that but I went on 2 dives before they shut the harbor and couldn't get the boats out, The boat comes there but no dock so you climb on the boat , Easy and they took great care of me, Normally with that set up you have to carry you tanks and stuff to the boat, I went to do that and they said no way that was there job.
It was really rough water outside the reef but they got you back in the boat with no work on my part, The captain was a great driver and held the boat right there so I never had to swim to catch anything. I just got something called doc plugs. I have always had ear troubles when cold water hits me and they worked better than I ever hoped so I had 2 perfect dives!

Beach
The beach was nice and warm, We had a bit of wind so wasn't there as much as I would have liked.
There were weeds on the beach but it was because of the wind and they worked extremely hard to keep it clean, The privilege area had the best chairs and a guy bring you fruit and water and ice and Bud in a can with a ball of ice, the rest of the beach was more fin with games and more people to talk to. All fun though

If you get to go you will love the staff the resort and hopefully the food, I wish I got the girls name that worked with Alex to take care of us but she had short hair, from England or Australia and she was perfect,
Also the girl in the Privilege desk that took care of us was perfect, She was so helpful and we never had to worry about a thing

Tips
I asked a bunch of the top people and they said the guy raking the beach made $5 to $7 a day
Waitresses and bed staff made about $10 a day and a good job makes $15 a day so tip at you own leisure
Its hard because they were all so great

Bottom Line
No place is perfect but for us this was as close as it gets.
Go have fun, Treat the staff with a bit of respect and you will be treated like royalty and have an amazing trip
Like I said food is to hard to review but we loved it. There are better beaches in the world but this was a really nice well kept beach and we had a ball. To far for me to walk but 45 to 50 min walk to Prota Morelise,
Small town fun to see but very small and not fancy I had a beer on a beach restaurant, I am nervous to eat off site because of the water but some people said they had fantastic meals there so up to you , If you want to shop Playa Del CARMEN or Cancun are better but I was there to relax If you want to see pictures let me know at bigang@cogeco,ca

Oh Ya We had ti Iguanas living under our outside tub, So Cool We had sun all day and they would sit with us on the deck and enjoy the sun It was AMAZING

We hope you have as good a trip as we did

Room Tip: The rooms all seem nice but we we in the middle building near the privlege restaurant but all the ro...
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were here February 2012 and truly loved everything. We have always said that we will never visit a resort twice. For us this resort hit all the marks. The room was gorgeous with an ocean view. The staff were so friendly (Thank you Sophie for being so Welcoming). The food was amazing. This resort has a very warm cozy feeling. It's small enough so that you don't feel like your just another number.. But big enough that it provides everything you would want and more.. Thank you H10. You got us! Nice job. See you in a couple weeks.

Friesen's

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear affcorp,
We are very proud to read your post about last stay at our resort and to learn that you will be returning in a couple of weeks. We want to extend our gratitude for your loyalty and for posting review. Rest assure that we will be pleased to welcome you one more time to this, your home.
Warm regards,
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I just came back from a week vacation and there are nice things to say about this hotel, but some negative too.
The good: very good service, several a la carte restaurants (no reservations requiered: this is great!!!), clean surroundings, not too much walking from beach to lobby to pool to room, long beach if you like to walk.
The not so good: We stayed in room 8105. The AC was very noisy. The fridge not refrigerating much. And the smell!!! A musty smell that would not go away. For this reason only I would choose another hotel. Other stuff: there were weddings almost every night and we had to endure the loud disco music 5 nights out of 7. This was very annoying. One other major flaw that needs to be mentioned: the beach was not clean at all. I understand there is seeweed on the beacu but that's ok. What is not ok is all the garbage on the beach, from plastic bottle caps to cigaret buts and many, many other stuff. On the Privilege side however, the sand was clean, since it was raked regularly. That is soooooo very insulting. This is really too bad.

Dear Limaalphagolf,
We want to express our gratitude for choosing our resort for your vacations. With reward we learn that you found variety in our restaurant offer, cleanliness in our facilities and a very good service. We like to inform that as a consequence of our geographical location our resort faces 2 situations: The proximity to the second largest coral reef barrier in the world causes an accumulation of seaweed at our beach. However, we count with a truck that on a daily basis takes care of the cleanliness of the beach. Also, the mangroves that surround our property, alleviate the humidity/sewer smell condition is beyond our control. Nevertheless, we do place dehumidifiers if requested. Rest assure that the entirety of your remarks will be shared with the pertinent departments in order to prevent inconveniences to future guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.
Kind regards,
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Turquesa resort from Jan 31st to February 7th. Our group consisted of three adults and two children in two rooms that were placed adjoining. The resort staff were nothing short of amazing, They were to a person friendly and utterly capable. I would suggest this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Very close to the ocean, The ocean view rooms were a nice perk.
Dear kent t,
We are glad to learn that your vacations at OCT were satisfactory and that you and your group had a great time at our resort. Furthermore that you appreciated the friendliness and capability of the members of our staff. We want to restate our gratitude for sharing your opinion. We hope to see you soon.
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa resort for one week with another couple. We had a junior suite and it was very nice, had no issue with the cleaning services (we had a new towel animal every other day!) and the room was very comfy and cool for those afternoon siestas. The bathroom area is very open to the suite (as in you can see into the shower and bath areas from the bed area) so the rooms are definitely designed for couples or perhaps families with small children.

The hotel was beautiful and a very relaxing place to stay. It's a smaller resort and so it felt a little more personal than the hugemongous resorts - you definitely get to know who your favorite bartenders are! Lots of common areas with comfy seating to relax in and a good amount of chairs/seating around the pools and at the beachfront.We thought the beach was beautiful and they have staff that cleans the beach very regularly so we never had trouble with seaweed, etc.

The people in the lobby area were so helpful in booking excursions and we went on quite a few during our time there (just be warned - for Xel Ha, only a 1/2 day is enough - we booked the full day and we were disappointed and ready to leave hours before the bus returned). The bartenders were great fun to joke around with - we were treated so very well the entire time we were there, the staff was excellent.

The food was alright - I agree that the buffet outshined the a la cartes which was unexpected.There were a few nights where we went to the buffet after the a la carte meal to fill up as we didn't enjoy the food at all - that is why I marked 4 stars instead of 5. We also went to the sports bar a few times and the "pub food" there was pretty good although the bathroom there was very odd (hot water in the toilet and a terrible smell). The coffee bar was absolutely wonderful though - even in the hot, hot sun I need my coffee in the morning and they made it perfectly for me each day.

All in all, I would definitely return and have recommended the hotel to quite a few friends and family members. We enjoyed the resort tremendously and it is in a great location - the taxi ride into town was very cheap and quick!

Dear Deanna D,
We want to express our gratitude for your review regarding your experience at our resort and to learn that you had a satisfactory stay and also, that you enjoyed the beauty of our facilities and our relaxing atmosphere. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our bar staff. It is good to learn that you appreciated their hard work and friendliness. Be sure that we will extend your comments with our personnel. On the other hand we regret that our gastronomic offer did not fulfilled your expectations. Thank you for recommending our resort to your friends and family. We hope that we could have the opportunity to welcome you once again to OCT in the near future.
Warm regards,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Coral and found the all-inclusive to be great. There was a variety of different foods and choices of restaurants. The staff was friendly. Great with kids. Enjoyed the entertainment at night. This is a very kid friendly resort except at Sensai you were not allowed to take kids in, that was a little disappointing. Mikes coffee house was good. Always open at the right time. Beach was close. The kids pool seems to be cold. Kids club was nice to have if you needed a break, very friendly staff. Overall I would recommend to family and friends.

Dear Vangirl_13,
We want to thank you for posting your experience at this site. We are glad to learn that you had a great all inclusive experience and that you enjoyed the variety in our gastronomic and entertainment offer. Furthermore that you found our resort suitable for your kids. On the other hand we truly lament that our safety procedures at our Sensai restaurant caused you discomfort. However, as we care for our guests’ safety and we can only accept guest from 14 years old and on. We want to express our gratitude for your recommendations and we hope to host your next vacations in the future.
Bests,

Been to Ocean Coral & Turquesa? Share your experiences!