We stayed at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa resort for one week with another couple. We had a junior suite and it was very nice, had no issue with the cleaning services (we had a new towel animal every other day!) and the room was very comfy and cool for those afternoon siestas. The bathroom area is very open to the suite (as in you can see into the shower and bath areas from the bed area) so the rooms are definitely designed for couples or perhaps families with small children.
The hotel was beautiful and a very relaxing place to stay. It's a smaller resort and so it felt a little more personal than the hugemongous resorts - you definitely get to know who your favorite bartenders are! Lots of common areas with comfy seating to relax in and a good amount of chairs/seating around the pools and at the beachfront.We thought the beach was beautiful and they have staff that cleans the beach very regularly so we never had trouble with seaweed, etc.
The people in the lobby area were so helpful in booking excursions and we went on quite a few during our time there (just be warned - for Xel Ha, only a 1/2 day is enough - we booked the full day and we were disappointed and ready to leave hours before the bus returned). The bartenders were great fun to joke around with - we were treated so very well the entire time we were there, the staff was excellent.
The food was alright - I agree that the buffet outshined the a la cartes which was unexpected.There were a few nights where we went to the buffet after the a la carte meal to fill up as we didn't enjoy the food at all - that is why I marked 4 stars instead of 5. We also went to the sports bar a few times and the "pub food" there was pretty good although the bathroom there was very odd (hot water in the toilet and a terrible smell). The coffee bar was absolutely wonderful though - even in the hot, hot sun I need my coffee in the morning and they made it perfectly for me each day.
All in all, I would definitely return and have recommended the hotel to quite a few friends and family members. We enjoyed the resort tremendously and it is in a great location - the taxi ride into town was very cheap and quick!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Otel, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos