Spent 5 days here at the end of January. Six girls total, 4 newbies to Mexico but all 6 of us new to this hotel. Hotel is not huge and is easy to navigate. Everything kept very clean. Buffet food was good, themed restaurants were just ok. Sensai (hibachi style) and the italian food were the best. Had terrible service at the Mexican one...seemed way understaffed and food not impressive at all. Service at the Sensai was fantastic. Very frustrating that none of the ala carte restaurants allow reservations. Had a very hard time getting in and when we did it was always very late. Did not like that at all. The coffee shop was a very pleasant surprise. Great service and good treats. Nice place to hang out when the weather wasn't as nice but should be open earlier.
3 stand out customer service experiences, 2 amazing and 1 awful. Sophie, who was supposed to greet us with a welcome packet was pushy, condescending and rude. This, sadly was our first experience upon arrival. But then there was Joaquin, who was our host. There are not enough good things I can say about him. He really went above and beyond to make our stay great. Very helpful, considerate, fun and welcoming. Really made our trip. Also received fantastic service from Oly, one of our waitresses. She was so pleasant and fun.
Had a spa day during our stay and LOVED it. The staff there was wonderful. Also, the beach at the resort was amazing! Beautiful sand and good length for walking. The decor in the rooms was very nice but the lobby and grounds weren't as impressive as the other hotel I've stayed at (Barcelo). Could use more night entertainment options. Stars show was fun. Also the pool party but after those are done the only bar open was at the American restaurant (diner style) which is not something I come to Mexico for. The staff there, however was also wonderful. Wish I remembered the name of the gentleman there who helped us get one of the girls back to our room one night. He was excellent.
Overall, we had a great trip. Resort is nice, clean and relaxing. The staff, for the most part, was wonderful. In general, food was ok with a few standouts. Beach was very nice.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel
- Ocean Coral Turquesa
- Ocean Coral Turquesa Hotel
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.