This is a lovely hotel with excellent amenities but if you are the sort of person who prefers swimming in the sea rather than the pool this is not the hotel for you.We had read a few reviews about the sea being weedy etc and so were prepared in a sense.The hotel management in all fairness did do everything possible to keep the beach clean and yes there is a reef off the beach which does contribute to the weed problem.We had thought naiively that we could swim out to the reef to snorkel but this is apparently not possible due to strong currents.What we were not prepared for was to be charged 100GBP to take a boat to the reef to snorkel for an hour.I think this should be provided free of charge to compensate for the poor swimming conditions at the hotel.We did try to swim several times but were repeatedly stung.It was impossible to see anything including what was stinging us.There were lots of plastic bottles and bags in the water.Our children swam in the pool but even this was not great.They and their costumes turned green.Thankfully a shower was sufficient for the kids to return to a normal colour but all our costumes were damaged beyond repair.Our youngest daughter also became infected with bullous impetigo-presumably either from the pool or towels.She still has the scars 6 months later.I only mention this as I saw two other people(both adults) with the same blisters-thankfully we had travelled with appropriate antibiotics and our rep was kind enough to buy us some iodine.
We also had a problem with the watersports man.I think the management were watching him at the time as his attitude did improve during our stay.We were only able to use the hobbie cats for 20minutes a day-he rarely rigged more than one and often as not turned us away.He also refused to give change when you paid the marine conservation charge so take the right money.
This sounds a dreadful review.I don't mean it to be-the hotel was very nice and well run but we did have a few problems.At the right price I might return-but would prefer somewhere with a better beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos