The resort was lovely as expected, and we're going back next time again with Privilege level and also not in the summer.
Just one negative about our visit:
Too many kids.
First there were little ones who were left to toss cutlery and dishes during what was supposed to be a nice breakfast at the Privilege Fusion.
Yes, this is what little ones do, they drop things on the floor, to hear it crash perhaps? To see how soon an adult will pick up for them? It's a baby thing to do!
Their accompanying adults seemed to think this was "so cute". Maybe it was "so cute" to those who produced the little child, but not to the other guests who wanted a peaceful meal to start their day.
And pity the poor waitresses who had to pick up after the kids, tho' those girls kept smiling politely. I hope at least they got a BIG tip for their trouble.
Then there were the tired cranky kids kept up too late past their normal nap or bedtime adding to the "atmosphere"
Twice one of our group was nearly knocked over by kids running, no adults in sight, or
maybe those were their parents over there, sipping drinks while the kids ran where other adults were trying to walk?
Relaxing at the QUIET pool was impossible several days due to kids doing normal KID things in the pool, jumping, screaming. This is what KIDS do. Why they weren't in the KID's area was the question.
Apparently they have parents who don't comprehend the word QUIET? If they did they wouldn't bring kids to a QUIET pool, kids are NOT quiet in a swimming pool.
The hotel does all it can, it provides a children's area, with activities and such. There's room service for the little ones who are not yet ready for restaurant dining, or at least try the buffet where it's noisier anyway and people are moving about.
Oh well, this sort of thing happens many places, sadly too many in this day and age, I only mention it because OTHERWISE our little 5 day trip was as close to perfect as anyplace could have been.
Our room was very comfortable, and the beach was fine. Plenty of food choices, of all kinds. Friendly service, smiles get smiles of course.
The pools were refreshing and only lacked in having any true quiet place.
Which is why we will return next year, but NOT in the summer. Hopefully that will be more successful for those like us who wanted a relaxing couple of days in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos