“A trip of luxury and leisure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bahia de Petempich SM 12, Mz 31, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
New York City, New York
“A trip of luxury and leisure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Had an amazing time! The staff is friendly, sociable, and willing to help you with your every desire. The spa is gorgeous. The drinks are yummy, and the food is absolutely gourmet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,778)
ATL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I couldn’t wait to get the secrets silversands but once I arrived my feelings changed. Upon arrival, check-in was fairly fast. The room was clean and looked nice. Then I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and water was BROWN in both sinks. I then decided to turn on the water in the bathtub and it was also brown. I let the water run for a while and then it turned light green. I was completely grossed out! I went downstairs to ask about the brown water. The first thing I was asked if it was coming from the bathtub (which indicated that this is a known problem) I said yes and I also informed them that the water in the sink was brown as well. I was told that when the room sits for 2 days that the water turns brown and I should let the water run in the bathtub for 10 minutes. As far as the sinks go, I was told that someone would be sent up to my room to check it out. Of course that never happened! And it only gets better from here. I soon discovered that we had an ant problem. I once again called downstairs and some on was sent up with a can of raid to spray the area. In later on that night, I purchased WIFI for 24 hours which was not WIFI at all. Turns out that there is no signal in Building 4. You must connect via Ethernet. I went downstairs to ask for a cable after calling the front desk twice and waiting several hours to no avail. I was told that I did not purchase internet and was asked who sold the internet pass to me. I had to produce a receipt in order to prove that I purchased WIFI and to receive an Ethernet cable. Now on to Day Two, I wake up to find ants and small spiders crawling all over my book bag. At this point ants were everywhere. I called downstairs and they immediately sent up a man with an industrial pest control can to spray the entire room. As the day progressed, the power surged constantly which cuts the AC. I asked about this problem and was told that the hotel switches power in the evening to their own generators but this does not account for the power surges throughout the morning and afternoon. I thought that the ants would disappear. And like BEEBE’S Kids they did not die they multiplied! Day Three I woke up to ants and spiders crawling out of my computer. I called downstairs to complain and the first thing I was asked if I had sugar (I seriously doubt that my motherboard has a sweet tooth). I was done at this point and was ready to go home. They moved us to a new room which was filled with mosquitoes. I received 10 bites in 30 minutes. By the way, as I type, ants keep crawling out of my computer on to the screen. I CAN NOT win. I can not wait until my flight leaves in the morning! This place is horrible! It’s safe to say that I will never return to this property nor recommend it to anyone.
I will say that the grounds are beautiful and the wait-staff are excellent. However, the management (front desk staff) is horrible. All they do is tell people what they want to hear without resolving the issue at hand. FYI THE BEACH IS GROSS! Its filled with rocks and seaweed. It also has a very grimy yellowish color to it.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My wife and I went to Secrets Resort for our 3 year anniversary and couldn't have picked a better place! The staff is absolutely incredible and the activities were alot of fun! The restaurants have limited menu's but that was expected but the food was delicious! Order as much as you want, they don't care! Bring a few dollars each day to the pool/bar and they will make it worth it. I gave a nice tip to Francisco the server and he tool care of me and my wife like royalty! Ocean isn't the best but the pool, activities and staff were second to none! The Room was done with rose petals and champagne and we didn't have to uprade at all!!

Brunswick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Secrets silversands was so much more than we ever were expecting!! This trip was by far the best one I've ever been on. Every single detail was wonderful! For starters, the food was amazing! The buffets for breakfast and/or lunch were not your typical cafeteria food. The food was delicious!! Then for dinner, the restaurants were out of this world!! We got a salad, soup or appetizer each night, an entree, then dessert! And every single thing we ate was better than the last!! There was not one thing we ate that we didn't love! Next, the staff at this resort were awesome!! Every single person from the bellboy to the bartenders to the servers to the entertainment staff could not do enough to make things more than perfect for you!! Our first day there my boyfriend and I commented on how friendly the staff was and let me tell you...this never stopped!! The entertainment staff does a wonderful job!!! They provide everything you need to have a fun and busy day or to lounge and do nothing at all!! The drinks were excellent and not lacking alcohol at all! The pools were beautiful!!! We visited every one during our stay but always went back to our "private pool" outside our patio! What a wonderful feature that was. We never had to wait for a loungechair, a drink, or to eat for dinner! There was entertainment each evening...a show of some sort and then either a rock band or a mariachi band or something...anything to keep you having a blast!! We also had the moon and stars massage, which is on the beach at night...followed by a bottle of champagne and white chocolate covered strawberries!! Definitely an extra I would highly recommend!! There is not one complaint I can even try to come up with!! I can't wait to plan my next trip back!! I think I would be very disappointed at another all-inclusive after being treated like royalty at this one!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I'm going to make this simple....GO TO SECRETS SILVERSANDS! You will not be disappointed. Amazing rooms, food and service! Had a wonderful time and cannot wait to go back. To the people that gave bad reviews.....where did you stay cause it was not at Secrets Silversands.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My wife Dawn and I stayed from Aug 22 to the 29. It was our delayed honeymoon. And we didnt know really what to expect, being our first trip out of Canada. Let me tell you, it was odd being treated like a king, but thats exactly what happened everyday and night. At no time during our stay did we have any issue at all, room cleanliness, food quality, I personally didnt notice watered down anything. I drank my share, and personally saw many bottles being opened. The portion sizes are most of the restrauants were smaller then im use to, but it was kinda nice surprise not walking around all bloated and stuffed, needlessly. All the staff we encountered were amazing people. We talked with a few many many times. Eddi from the mexican restrauant showed us a new level of service never expierenced in Canada. Abraham the bellboy was an amazing source of information and was always there to help. Gabby from the entertainment crew was a gem, what a wonderful personality, just to name a few. Straight across the board, this place and its staff , the food and drinks were truely amazing.. We had many great memories there and are extremely thankful we chose the Secret Silversands resort. Just wished I learned to have to let sunblock dry for 20 minutes before getting in the pool. lol
Dont miss out on the Explor excurision either, what a blast.

pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here from Aug 26-29 and absolutely loved every minute of it. Rooms were gorgeous, food was tremendous, and the resort staff were all great. Lots to do if you choose, or just lay on a raft in a pool all by yourself like we did - my idea of a perfect vacation! Ate at the Japanese, Italian, and French restaurants, and we highly recommend each - also breakfast at the buffet and lunch outside by the pool were all really good. Lots of honeymooners I talked to loved their stay, and "older" folks like us all had positive comments - we give Secrets Silversands two huge thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!