I was very nervous about staying here after reading the reviews. Our experience at Secrets Silversand was wonderful and nothing like some of the reviews. Granted nothing is perfect, but this was pretty close. We arrived on July 1, 2009 and left on July 5, 2009. We were there over the 4th of July Holiday and did not expect anything due to that being an American holiday. The hotel decorated with American flags, had a live band playing at the main pool, played games, water volleyball, cookout (food was wonderful) and later that evening had entertainment on the beach. No fireworks but we felt it was very nice of them to celebrate with us.
The beach is very nice, water is clear but in the water it was a little rocky. The seaweed was cleaned up everyday. You could walk just a little way down the beach and find really nice spots in to swim in the ocean that was not rocky.
The service, food and entertainment was great. We had absolutely no problems.
The room was beautiful, cleaned evryday and restocked everyday.
The only downfall I felt, which was really not that big a deal is that the resort is far away from everything. For example one day we went to Xcaret (which is really nice) and it took about 45 minutes to get there and $50.00 US dollars for taxi one way, but coming back it only cost $34.00 us dollars, Hmmmm. The main thing is don't be afraid to deal.
I would recommend and would return back to this resort. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos