“Great vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bahia de Petempich SM 12, Mz 31, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Big Fall Savings!
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked this property for an adults only family vacation and loved it!
Excellent food everywhere & great bar service at the pool (thanks Esther)!
The entertainment team was fabulous, especially India, Jhonny, and Moreno, fun and energetic!
We were even able to send baby sea turtles on their way-lots of things to make it a very memorable experience!

Stayed July 2014
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Lori W,

Thank you for your excellent review on TripAdvisor.

We are truly happy to read you enjoyed our adults-only resort and our Unlimited-Luxury® concept. As you experienced, the blend of those two factors provide a unique experience which create lovely memories.

It is our hope to be your host in the future.

info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,191)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I must of read review after review. I couldn't understand why all of a sudden so many good reviews. I wanted to go to this resort for years, but didn't want to be disappointed.

Finally it's my turn to rate this resort. It was so wonderful I would go back but unfortunately I heard Secrets Maroma was a step up, so I gotta go to Maroma. I sure can't wait till next July. Because if it's better I'll be spending be in pure paradise. Although I can't imagine how they could do much better other than the beach.

Let me say Excellence Playa Mujeres (EPM) is my favorite. They would probably always be a favorite because of 4 things: 1.) Lobsters and prime steaks for free; 2.) Upgraded mini bar which includes room service menu and "big bottle of Liquor like Crown royal, Don Julio and etc.; 3.) The "spa" the best hydrotherapy included with spa massages. 4.) Their anniversary package which includes dinner on the beach, great turn down service and free massages.

I had to state this because secret silversands has figured it out; which is what makes a great vacation. That service, swim up suites, and never saying no is ideal. Pampering is what they delivered. How I rate the two? Well they're pretty close. Except SSS don't offer those things I mentioned, but the service, swim up suites, and staff made up for that.

Why I loved it so much? The wait staff. They were the best I ever experienced. I think they have the right amount of staff because no matter where you are, you will never want! This blew me away! There were times when I know we didn't tip and they would still come back frequently asking do you need anything and always saying it's my pleasure. I think they were happy with thank you and doing their job. I don't know? But with such great service you can't help from wanting to tip. If you are not in position, don't worry you won't feel pressured. Seriously when you dine in the USA you tip 18% and half the time they don't deserve it. Here you don't get a bill but $10.00 for dinner and $5.00 for lunch and $2.00 for breakfast is about right. Just my opinion. All my orders were dead on. I couldn't believe it. Especially times when I thought we ordered too much or if they weren't listening like through room service. They would even send things like ketchup up and mayo or salt and pepper. If you're back home you better mention or you're short. Little things like that really matters because it keeps you relaxed. Not wondering how will I get the ketchup without my fries getting cold?

Food- all very good. Breakfast had everything including some Mexico food. Lunch you had 3 choices, which is crazy because I found the buffet to be all one would need. It changed with a different theme everyday. There is something going on around 1:00 or 1:30 that may have food choices. So look out for it on the daily activities schedule. Dinner food was all good came out nice and hot. The only thing lacking is the deserts. There was a coffee shop with great coffee and good afternoon snacks. I loved the automatic trashcan! The barefoot grill had theeee best burgers, trust. You could even get ice cream (strawberry) cones from here. I already spoke about room service. Just want to say if you don't see it just order it. They won't say no. Sorry I hope that don't sound bad. In fact no one anywhere ever told us no about our picky choices.

Room- the view was the most gorgeous. The waitstaff are the best. The come around about every 5 minutes. Taking your order and cleaning up you mess. This is the reason i chase swim up suites. Hoping to find tranquility and relaxation at the pool. This swim up suite was ideal. Perfect view, drinks not watered down, service consistent, room service food good and efficient, nice balcony with bed and pillows, lounge chairs for some sun with pool towels awaiting, and nice warm pool steps away to take a dip. I'm just getting goosebumps from reminiscing! Moving on the room had everything you needed except deodorant, perfume/cologne, and make up. So, if you want to pack lite please do. Our room stayed with fresh linens. Also great water pressure from rain shower.

Beach- If they fixed the beach I bet they'll be number one of their resorts. This also depend on the person traveling. What's your preferred vacation. My preferred vacation was here because I loved the swim up suites and this resort has been the best in that department. The sand was soft. Someone really cleans it early every morning and writes in it. There are sunbeds, lounge chairs, and I also saw swings. You could take out kayaks or go sailing. What more could I need.

Spa- was wonderful! Nice water treatments. I'll say the massages were on point because it sure relax my excited husband he fell asleep. Please please check out the little spa table in the lobby before going to the spa because on our way to the spa we saw Sean. He offered us a better deal than the one we pay for. We had paid for 50 minutes couple for $230.00. Sean offered $230.00 for a 80 minutes couple message with a facial. What? I was upset because he stopped us on our way to the spa. But his package was only for new customers, not customers with appointments. You can't cancel unless you're 4 hours in advance. Just please remember before going because after speaking to him I felt we were getting robbed.

Activities- were fun. I played black jack and won a redskins cup, which was great. My husband played ping pong and got a backpack. We also went on the bike tour, which was interesting and a 1 hour bike tour. I tempted to do Zumba. We also attended margarita demo which was a cool way to try different margaritas. I felt it was so much to do just look at the schedule and choose.

Lastly we booked the preferred club which isn't necessary except maybe 3 bottles of small liquid. You could get premium drinks from any bar. In fact my best bar was the lobby bar. If you are looking for a intriguing vacation this would be it. I learned that most reviews are spot on. Figure out what you want from a vacation. Read the reviews and judge from there. No resort can be perfect. I can vouch for them and say if you have a problem mention it and problem solve. Go have fun. Secrets Maroma here I come.

• Stayed July 2014
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear senkia22carter,

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

**Disclaimer - this is a VERY detailed review so unless you want details, skip this review!**

My husband and I decided on this as our honeymoon spot. We booked for 7 nights back in December. We were here from July 14-21st and stayed in a junior swim up preferred suite. Here are the details of our experiences:

AIRPORT PICK UP: When we booked online, we chose to be picked up by Amstar, which is the hotel's airport service. There was a small fee but we wanted to be picked up by a trustworthy service. After we got through immigration, we were bombarded with people asking us if we wanted a ride. I always read about how sketchy people were at the Cancun airport so we made sure to only find and speak to an Amstar representative. Thankfully, we found one. Tip: They all wear the same blue/red Hawaiian shirts so don't be misled by anyone. The drive wasn't too bad - it was about 20 minutes. The resort seems to be extremely secure - there is a small sign and the driver had to show ID before going through. Then there was a ~1 mile long straight drive before we got to the actual resort. The driver had to show ID before being able to go past that as well.

CHECK IN: We were greeted with champagne upon entering which was a nice way to start our vacation. They took our baggage and handed us a tag. Since we were preferred customers, we were taken to a different location for check in. At that location, we had to wait an hour before going to our room since it wasn't ready. There were a few snacks and we were starving so we took advantage of them. Nothing too fancy, just a few sandwiches and desserts. There is also a bar there but we didn't use that service. While we were waiting, there was an employee that came to talk to us about the 'resort coupons'. PLEASE be wary of these! I didn't read the fine print and thought they were coupons to services but just know they are simply a DISCOUNT to extremely pricey services (spa, beach dinner, etc.) When it was time to be escorted to our room, the concierge had our bag with him and walked us to our room.

ROOM: The room is exactly the way it looks in the pictures - beautiful! There is a stocked mini bar with various beers and soda's. There was also a bag of m&m's, pretzels, and peanuts. I'm not sure if this was exclusive to preferred customers or not, but the size of the toiletries was impressive - about double what you normally get at hotels and it smelled GOOD. There was shampoo, conditioner, lotion, SPF 15 lotion, shower gel, soap, shoe shine polish, a shower cap, a razor, shave cream, a mini sewing kit..and plenty of towels. We opened the curtains and the pool was right there (with grass in between but we didn't mind). Now here's the part that sucked: there were mini ants EVERYWHERE. ALL over the room. If they didn't move, we wouldn't have even noticed them..and that was disturbing in it's own way. I'm not sure if this was because we were on the first floor but it was so annoying. We had some OFF spray and that helped a little, but it was still an issue.

POOL: We only went in the pool that was right outside our room - it was the smaller preferred pool. There were a few floaties but people seemed to hog them and save them for others so that part sucked but other than that, it was pleasant. From time to time, large groups of rowdy friends would come by and ruin the quiet/chill atmosphere, but thankfully it wasn't often. The rowdy groups usually stayed at the main pool where they have more activities like water aerobics. The waitresses were really good about coming by and asking for our drink orders..which brings me to my next point.

SERVICE: This was TOP NOTCH. No complains whatsoever in this area. EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE had such a wonderful attitude. Whenever a person said 'thank you', their response is ALWAYS 'it's my pleasure'. The sad part is that people definitely took advantage of them and I felt so bad for the poor lady that was serving drinks at the pool we were in because before she got a chance to deliver drinks, people were already giving her orders for new ones and she just said okay with a smile. We always tipped a few dollars but we didn't see very many people doing it. The servers were always so appreciative of tips and tend to take care of you a bit more if you tip them :) Room service comes 3 times a day - once to clean your room, once to stock your mini bar, and once at night to get your room ready for bed time (which was nice but sort of unnecessary since they just take off the throw pillows).

DRINKS: I'm not much of a drinker, so I had no issue with the drinks. I had a bunch of 'girly' drinks and they were tasty. My husband is a beer guy and definitely enjoyed their selection of beers. There are TONS of bars here but I will say one thing - I rarely saw a drunk person. I'm not sure if people here are good at handling their alcohol or if the drinks were watered down.

FOOD: This is what docked major points for me, sadly. The food was a big giant disappointment to me. The room service food (which is 24 hours) was greasy and disgusting! We only had it once and swore never to have it again. Barefoot Grill was by far my favorite - the grilled chicken was amazing. The other restaurants pretty much sucked for me since chicken is the only meat I eat. There was probably only one chicken option at each restaurant and sadly..they were all awful to me. There were times where I couldn't even order an appetizer because it was only beef or seafood. That being said, if you're a vegetarian, you won't be happy with the food. World Cafe (only open for breakfast and lunch) was a hit or miss. If I HAD to pick a favorite restaurant, I'd pick the Italian one - Portofino. If I had to pick a worst, it's a tie between Ratatouille and El Patio (which is sad considering it's a Mexican restaurant). Himitsu is the only restaurant where you need to make a reservation, but this will be more enjoyed by the meat eaters. On a more positive note, the restaurants are very beautifully decorated and the meals are plated very nicely. Also, CoCo's Cafe had delicious coffee drinks!

BEACH: This hotel isn't lying when they say they are ocean front. The ocean is definitely visible as you're walking around the resort and the beach itself is only a few footsteps away. The ocean is gorgeous...but there is so much seaweed and that ruins it :(. There is tons of seaweed in the shallow part of the beach and once you get past that, there are ROCKS. I'm not sure if the hotel can do anything about that but please take precaution!

ENTERTAINMENT: There seems to be something going on every night, but not all of it was fun/exciting to us but it might be for you! They gave us a newsletter every night about what was going on the next day so you'll know in advance

GYM: It has your basic machines and isn't very packed. There are towels and water available.

SPA: Didn't use the services but seems VERY expensive.

OVERALL AMBIANCE: This is a beautiful hotel that is very well kept. I'd definitely recommend it, but probably won't be returning due to the food issue. LOTS of honeymooners so it's definitely a great spot for a romantic vacation! Very scenic so bring your camera!

CHECK OUT PROCESS: We used the Amstar service to travel to the airport so the day before, they called us to double check/confirm. Concierge came by to pick up our luggage and we left at the time we were scheduled to leave! No issues there - pretty painless process.

Room Tip: If you're a honeymooner, be sure to bring your marriage license or you won't get the perks...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amber S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback through this mean. Your comments are truly valuable for us, as this allow us to improve our service levels and product.

We truly regret hearing that our evening dining options have not met your expectations; we encourage our guests to provide us with their feedback in regards of our services during their stay in order for us to be able to offer them the best memories and experiences of their holidays with us. Therefore we appreciate your kind remarks and be certain that your comments will not be overlooked.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everything perfect . Only thing was water at the beach very rocky pack some sandals to wear in water. Recommend snorkeling outings.had an awesome view of ocean coul see cruise ships from time to time the food was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014
Aldo D, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear ChrisKrebs,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are definitely glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
We truly hope to see you on paradise soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just had a wonderful 2 week stay at Secrets Silversands with my husband and daughter. The food was marvellous, the grounds were beautiful and very well kept, and the pools were lovely. But one of the best things about the hotel was the staff. Everybody, from managers to the maintenance staff were so friendly and helpful. Special mentions go to Johnny, Adrian, India, Jackie and Moreno from the entertainment team, Andres in Portofino restaurant (an incredible waiter who remembered our preferred drinks and food on only our second visit; on our third visit, he had our drinks ready for us) and Angeles at the pool bar who kept us well supplied with cocktails and a lovely smile! Overall it was a fantastic stay and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear AlisonR1706,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

Please be confident that we’ve shared your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offer truly remarkable experiences in our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hopes in not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We visited Secrets Silversands from July 12-19. We traveled as a married couple for our anniversary. The resort and overall vacation was outstanding, but there were a few things that could have been better. Upon checkin, we were not greeted with warm towel and champagne like other reviewers. We got out of the shuttle, had our bags tagged, and were left to kind of stand around the lobby for a few minutes before someone told us to sit down, they would get to us in a minute. However, when we did get checked in they gave us a free upgrade to the swim out with the infinity pool (we had booked a junior suite swim out). It seems like the difference is a better location, upgraded toiletries, a snack tray each day (when they remembered...we had to call a few days. Snacks included Pringles, Peanut M&Ms, Milky Way, and peanuts as well as 3 mini bottles of liquor). We had turn down service each night, while our friends, who had not been upgraded, only had it once. This seems like a service that should not be only for upgrades. While we had an upgraded room, we did not have access to the Preferred Club (we tried our key cards and the door didn't open. No big deal).

The food at the resort was great. We had breakfast every morning at the World Cafe. Lunch we went back and forth between the poolside grill (great chicken sandwiches with buffalo sauce) and the seafood restaurant (get the grouper sandwich, skip the pizza). For dinner, we ate at the French, Mexican, Hibachi, Japanese (different things), steakhouse, Italian, and Mexican fiesta buffet on Friday nights. Our favorites were the French, Mexican, and Mexican buffet. It took 2 hours for each meal...some people may like the chance to relax and digest their courses, but we are not those people. We like to be in and out, and never waiting for a water or drink refill. There was a LOT of waiting for the next course to arrive, and usually we didn't stick around for dessert because we had already been sitting for 2 hours and it was getting ridiculous. The coffee bar had great desserts that we could grab on our way out. At the Italian restaurant, there were several things that we ordered that we just never got. We didn't complain because we knew it would extend our meal even longer.

All of the bars and bartenders were great. I don't know why people say they water down the liquor, that seems ridiculous. I saw them unwrap fresh bottles and put them right in the drinks, and they are a strong pour. The beer was not the coldest, so besides at the pool when we could order a bucket of ice and let them chill, we drank liquor. All top shelf, if you ask for specific liquors.

Several of us got a rash in the regular pool. It is salt water, and very warm. I don't know if they put any chemicals in it at all, but after a few days of hanging out in the regular pool we were all itchy and in pain from the stinging. We spent the last 5 days in the inifinity pool, and it seemed much better. It's been a week since I've been in the salt pool and I still have a rash on my legs. After an internet search, it seems to be "swimmer's rash," which comes from a bacteria in undertreated, warm pools. It's supposed to last 7-10 days, so hopefully it will go away soon!

The best employee in the entire resort is Moreno, from the entertainment staff. He is quite possibly the sweetest, kindest, funniest person I've ever met. I took his yoga class several times, and the rest of the time he was working his butt off making sure all of the guests were having a great time. Secrets should be proud to have him as an employee!

We really did have a great time, and would consider Secrets resorts again.

Room Tip: The swim out rooms to the infinity pool mean that you will have drink service until after 7 and your...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay through this mean. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improve our service levels.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our bar and entertainment service. We are also delighted to know that you have enjoyed the World Café’s buffet for breakfast. It is important to mention that we have right now high occupancy which is why gourmet dining may extend a little. But with the romantic atmosphere that we create, you have time to talk or just enjoy each other company.

We truly appreciate your overview since this allows us to know our highs and lows in order to improve our service levels.

We look forward to welcome you back to provide you the memorable stay that you deserve.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our 4th trip to SS in the last 2 years. We can now officially call it SS. ;-) As many have you have already read, you are greeted at the door with a glass of Champagne and a cool towel, how refreshing. When we arrived we were again greeted by Omar who remembered us from our previous trips. While we were waiting sipping our Champagne, we saw Perla who is the manager in charge of the Unlimited Vacation Club, who also remembered us from our previous stays and had a little gift for us. You feel at home.

Omar escorted us to the preferred lounge where we were greeted by Fadhir and Olga who arranged our room, always with a smile and always extremely courteous. Fadhir also was able to arrange an upgrade for us to Ocean Front in the Preferred Club building. We have stayed at a number of rooms at SS and the Ocean Front rooms are by far the best, this was our 2nd time in an Ocean Front room. We also like building 4 on the 4th floor, you look over the pools but you also have an ocean view. We arrived early and our room wasn’t quite ready so we stayed in the Preferred Club lounge and said hello to Inocente the bartender who made us a couple of margaritas. Both he and Josh make excellent margaritas.

We were anxious to reconnect with a number of the staff we had met on previous trips so we took a walk around the property, it is so beautiful. We met a number of staff from previous trips who recognized us and are always pleasant. They will go out of their way to get you what you want/need. Omar came to look for us to tell us our room was ready, in other resorts it’s up you to go back and check but at SS this is the type of service that keeps us coming back and this is just our first few hours!

Here is what we love about SS and some shout outs to the individual staff members who made our vacation Excellente:

Veranda Bar: My friends Russell, Arturo and Axel – This is where the action is in the evenings, this is the place you gather for a pre-dinner drink and where you meet before the show. Later in the evening they have live music and dancing right around the bar area. These guys run this bar like a well-oiled machine. They can make whatever drink you want and top shelf alcohol is the norm, Grey Goose Vodka, Blue Sapphire Gin, various Scotches and premier Tequila. They work hard all night to make sure you are taken care of. The entertainment team is around all night to keep the energy going.

You will also see Gabriel running around making sure everyone is taken care of. Gabriel is the guy on the ground. He manages the food and beverage area for the resort, he is the guy that makes things happen. You will see him in the day and all the way until 2:00 AM. Thank you Gabriel, for making our stay incredible and for the wine and glasses. All the servers work so hard, I would like to mention 1 server who typically works in the evenings, her name is Leti. We have seen Leti on all of our visits to SS and she also goes out of her way to make sure we are happy and taken care of.

Pool Service: A special thank you to the pool servers, who without we would all succumb to the heat. If you take the time to see how much ground these individuals cover and how much they can carry on their trays without spilling, in 90 degree weather, it’s incredible. So we would like to thank Suki, Manila, Francisco, Diego and Mercedes for making sure we are well hydrated.

Entertainment Staff: Since our trip in March there have been some changes to the entertainment team. We will miss you Miguel and Estefi and hope you enjoy Brazil – see you on FB. We always have a great time around the pool with the entertainment staff from the Lazy game to Pool Volleyball. Luis has been at SS since we started going, along with Alex who is now the Manager of the Entertainment team. It’s always nice to see Alex, he does a great job. Jackie was still there as well, we love Bingo with Jackie at 4;30 at the Veranda bar and the Salt - Lime dance game.. hahaha. I know Bingo at a resort, not something I thought I would be doing but hey it’s Mexican Bingo. Mustfa was a new Team Member for us last trip, she has great energy and a really good sense of humor. Johnny was also new this trip and we had fun with him as well.. beach volleyball.. and Mexican Lotteria. This team works very hard and ensuring everyone is having a good time and sometimes I think they go unnoticed when it comes to appreciation. We hear Moreno is back.. we will see you in December. The pool servers get tips and do the bar guys and the restaurant servers, we make a point of tipping the Entertainment Team, they put so much into our positive experience at SS. Well done as always entertainment team.
If you get a chance take the kitchen tour, it is typically on Thursday at around 4:00 PM, it’s well worth it and very informative.

Restaurants: These are in no particular order of preference as we don’t have a real favorite; the food is incredible in all restaurants.
World Café: You arrive and you are greeted by Serene with her big smile, it makes you want to smile back. We ate at this restaurant for breakfast almost every day. You can have a personalized omelet made or you can choose the buffet, both are equally good. Have the green juice it may look unappealing but it is fantastic. The World café is managed by Avelino and he is always there checking on his guests. We had little Juan as our server on most days. He was quick with the coffee and the green juice. We didn’t want to spend a great deal of time inside as the day burns away.

El Patio (Mexican) – This restaurant is managed by Daniel. We had our first meal of the trip here and started with the Tortilla soup, it is incredible. Daniel made some recommendations for some wine grown in Mexico on the Baja. It was excellent, unfortunate you can’t get it outside of Mexico. The meal was incredible as usual. We met the chef and took some pictures with Daniel and the chef. While Daniel knows his Tequila and some of it is outstanding ask him about the Mexican wines you won’t be disappointed. We visited El Patio at least 3 more times during our stay and always had a great experience.

Bordeaux (French) – Juan Jose manages this restaurant and the food is also incredible. Very carefully prepared and full of flavor. My favorite is the fois gras as an appetizer. The atmosphere is warm and the piano player just adds to the ambiance. We had a few meals at Bordeaux during this visit, the most memorable by far was totally unexpected. My wife and I arrived and were seated and we order a bottle of wine, usual for us in such a fine restaurant. Right away Juan Jose comes over and as he opens the wine for us he escorts us into the wine room and seats us at this beautiful table. We had the place to ourselves. This wine room serves the entire resort so we were visited by a number of servers and other managers. Arturo the manager for the Himitsu restaurant came in to get a bottle of wine and remembered us from our visit there. He asked if we wanted a Sushi Roll as an appetizer – in Bordeaux – so of course we said yes. He asked what we wanted on the roll and he delivered our custom made roll. It was a kicked up California Roll with a little bit of heat, just perfect. Plus we had Fois Gras and decided on the beef tenderloin for our main course, it was cooked to perfection and melted in in our mouths. Thank you Juan Jose for this unexpected experience.

Portofino: (Italian) – Managed by Enrique. The food in this restaurant feels like home cooked. The pastas are made fresh, I suggest the Mushroom Ravioli, there are only 2 but they are large and the flavor is so intense and yet soft. My favorite entre is the Osso Buco, it has a cinnamon flavor and a rich gravy. I love this meal at home in the fall but it’s equally as enjoyable in Mexico in the fall. Enrique is well versed in wines and I believe is the resorts sommelier. If he is not he should be, his knowledge of the wines they have in amazing and his suggestions for pairing with the food we ordered hit the mark. We also had a great experience at Portofino and Enrique went out of his way to make sure we were happy. Our server Juan was very attentive as he welcomed us back each time. We were at Silversands for 14 nights so we had an opportunity to try each restaurant more than once.

Seaside Grill: (Sea Food) – Avelino managed this restaurant when we were there in March 2014. This is a great place to get out of the sun for lunch and with the open air dining area you feel as if you are still outside. The ceviche is excellent as is the shrimp cocktail and the hamburger is excellent. Enico was our server each day we were there and he remembered a white wine, Sauv Blanc, spritzer for my wife a cerveza for me. Avelino is very attentive and walks around chatting with guests.

Oceana – the sister restaurant to the Seaside Grill was closed for renovations the time we were at Silversands in March 2014. Another good place for lunch to get out of the sun and it has an excellent menu. We have eaten there in previous trips.
The head Chef is Jose and he is always around. He recognized us right away and came over to chat. It was so nice to see him again. When we were there in November 2013 his wife was expecting their first child and in March 2014 he announced he was a proud father of a little girl.. he is great guy and a great chef. Ask for a special desert from him you won’t be disappointed.

Spa by Penovia – It is a must, we did a couples massage, 90 minutes, it was so relaxing. Look for Sean by the pool. He is a great guy and will give you a free 5- 0 minute massage right by the pool. He will also recommend some packages. We met Sean during our November trip and it was so nice to see him still at the resort.

There was another young man that impacted us during both our November and March visit. His name is Rudy and he is the guy that picks up all the towels we leave lying around and brings clean ones back. No one really pays attention to guys like Rudy because they are not really supposed to be unseen. Rudy has a great smile and while his English is limited as is my Spanish we still were able to connect. In November as we were wrapping up the day at the pool and heading to the Veranda Bar for some Bingo, my wife left her iPhone 5 wrapped up in a towel. Rudy found it and walked over to us at the bar and returned it. For that he earned a tip and we always look for him when we go to Sercets Silversands – thank you Rudy..

This is a lengthy review and I hope if you read it you will give Silversands an opportunity to make you one of their guests and family members because that is how they make you feel. Excellent job Javier or as they say at SS – Everything is Excellente – See you in December – Joanne and Jim Craig

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim C,

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff has gone above and beyond in terms of service. Especially from the Preferred Club, Fahdir sent you a big hello! He was very happy to read your review.

We are very proud of our team here at the Secrets Silversands, they have built a reputation of excellence through their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction.

We would certainly be glad to have you back to your home for another round of a wonderful stay. Please feel confident to reach us prior your next visit at info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com if you need assistance prior arrival.

Your home away from home,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Valentin Imperial Maya
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
4.5 of 5 stars 8,541 reviews

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!