This was my husband's and I first vacation alone at this type of resort. With that being said, we wanted a lot of relaxation! The Secrets Silversands Resort was exactly what we anticipated! We took the red-eye flight from Calgary, AB direct to Cancun and arrived at 5:30 am. We knew that we would arrive at the resort around 7a.m and that our room would probably not be available yet. Our first encounter with the staff was awesome! We were checked in and shown to a hospitality room to freshen up and change. They kept our bags for us and we were free to use the resort as we pleased till the room was ready.
Our room! Wow! We prefer ground level units so we chose the Preferred Club Ocean Front Swim out. This was amazing!!! It was elegantly decorated and only steps out to the pool and beach! We were in heaven! The room was stocked daily with refreshments (whatever we wanted) and snacks. The king-size bed was incredible! It certainly wrecked our idea of getting up early! Maid service was awesome. Rosita worked so hard to make sure our room was perfect in every way! I loved the rose petals on the bed and the welcome bottle of wine! Since we wanted a lot of relaxation, we took full advantage of the pool in front of our room. We only had a few metres to walk to get a refreshment, but if we didn't, Francisco was there to make sure our hands were never empty!! He was awesome! Also, Suky did an amazing job keeping our glasses full! Oh and Axel and Lino, you guys are awesome! Thanks guys!
The food was awesome! The World Café for breakfast and lunch was phenomenal! There were so many choices we didn't know where to begin! We loved the Italian and Mexican Restaurants for dinners the best, but the others were just as top-notch! We loved the Grill by the pool! Had the best hot-dogs and nachos! We did experience room service one evening when we didn't want to go out and it was alright. The menu is select for room service, but you're not supposed to spend your time inside anyway, right?
The beach in front of our resort was very-well maintained. The grounds crew work tirelessly to make sure it is kept up to standards. This was evident as while walking down the beach every morning, we would take notice of how much nicer our beach was than any of the other resort's beaches. There is quite a bit of sea grass that grows in the water in this area so swimming wasn't great, but that did not keep us out of the bathtub warm waters!
The spa was incredible! We really enjoyed the Hydrotherapy Circuit and I indulged in the 50min massage. We were able to enjoy the outside pool area with the multiple jets and warm waters. Heaven!
The pool areas were gorgeous! The main pool was busier later in the morning as the bars open at 10a.m. There were many activities you could partake in if you wanted. We kept to our pool most of the time and enjoyed the band that would play almost everyday and the bar that was merely steps from our room!
The entertainment was good! We enjoyed the Rock Show and the Mexican Buffet and show. That was a lot of fun! There were many choices for excursions, but that was not on our list this time. What we received at this resort is exactly what we wanted. Amazing service, (I can't say enough about the staff) amazing food, amazing drinks, amazing sun, and an amazing room!
Thank you Secrets Silversands for making this one of the most memorable vacations for us. We will be back!
Paul and Carrie Goodman
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos