“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Save Saved
You added Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bahia de Petempich SM 12, Mz 31, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Corbeil, Canada
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our first Secrets and the Silversands was simply the best. There are only positives. The resort was fresh and clean and modern. The staff were amazing, always with a smile and polite. They were engaging in every way. The food was the best we have experienced. We stayed at a swim up and were very happy with the location. Our room was farthest from the main pool (keeping in mind, farthest means a minute or two) but the most serene. It was fun to spend time at the main pool area and equally nice to go to our swim up and enjoy the last hours of sun before dinner. We will return and we will highly recommend it to our friends.

4,829 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,495)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back from our stay at Secrets Silversands. It is a beautiful hotel but not without some minor flaws. Overall though, we had a great stay.

The pros:
The staff - the AMAZING staff - is super friendly and attentive, right down to their entertainment team. The entire entertainment team actually made the effort to remember our names, which must be rough when so many visitors coming through the place, but they did it. Even at check-in, our customer service rep Jessica fought for our ocean view room (with our other friends who were checking in) and won. Our poolside waitress Monica was always there checking in on our beverages.

The food was excellent, way better than the last all inclusive I stayed at. Their breakfast buffet spread was amazing and offered fresh blended smoothies as well. The best part was the carjeta (caramel) that was available every day. I'm not a big fan of hibachi grills but the one here was actually decent - they should offer an all steak meal cuz that was the best. Our most memorable meal though had to be the special seafood grill we'd arranged at their poolside restaurant. It was an extra charge but it was so fresh.

The ample pools - you never feel cramped or that you're fighting for a seat in the shade here. The resort never felt crowded.

They had entertainment every single night we were there, from live bands to nightly shows. The live bands were the best and knew popular songs as well as oldies. Their best show was definitely the impersonators, we felt like we were at a concert.

The person in charge of beverages at the resort found out we requested for Rumchata, but was not able to acquire it. So he worked with my friend and I to figure out a recipe and replicated it!

The Cons:
Nobody's perfect but these definitely didn't alter our view of the place. It's just some notes on what they need to amend, which I did leave on their comments section at check out.

The cleaning people knocked on our door at 8 a.m. There were definitely a few days where I wanted to sleep in and was interrupted by the knock. We should've put the do not disturb sign up but we forgot a couple of times. 10 a.m. would've been a lot better.

Some of the sheets/pillows smelled funky. Honestly, it smelled like b.o. This distinct odor was on our phone as well. I took a wash cloth with some shampoo and tried to wipe down the phone but it barely helped. By our 2nd night, I think they'd changed the linens and some of them were fine, but I still wound up throwing some pillows far away from me cuz the stench was keeping me awake.

There's also a lot of humidity in the rooms, so much that our clothes were damp when we were packing them away to go home. A note to future travelers, keep your clean clothes in your suitcase if possible to keep them dry. I guess that's something the hotel can't really control but I don't remember our last Cancun resort having this issue.

The beer selection was also a bit lacking but not a huge deal breaker.

Overall though, it was a fantastic and memorable trip. The wonderful staff was definitely what made our trip though.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I visited this resort in December 2013. We arrived very early (around 9am) and while our room wasn't ready yet we were able to go have breakfast and work out while we waited. The staff is extraordinary! They go above and beyond to make your stay luxurious. We spent a lot of time sitting near the pool, and our pool waitress, Suki, took such good care of us! Near the pool there is a great bar that serves burgers, fries, etc. for lunch. The pool bar is lots of fun...nothing quite like sitting on stools in the pool and enjoying a margarita. Our breakfast waiter, Neri, was so friendly and always made sure I had a Mimosa with a cherry in it as soon as we sat down. My husband appreciated Aremi who made smoothies for him every morning. The food was excellent in all the restaurants we tried. The French onion soup in the French restaurant was the best I've ever had! One night they had a "Casino Night," and we had tons of fun playing Blackjack. Our room was modern, spacious, and beautiful. One caution - the stairs and hallways are marble and can be slippery when wet. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, and we have already booked a week for our anniversary in July! I am counting the days until we are back in paradise!

Room Tip: We had originally reserved a pool view, but when we saw the view from our room we decided to upgrade...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremont, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

we stayed at this resort for 5 days with friends our view looked over a side pool which was fine. the resort is smaller which makes it easier to get around. the beach was ok there was alot of reef that washed up but they worked very hard to keep it clean. we loved the mexican restaurant and italian. there is no evening buffet so if you want to eat you have to dress up or grab a a hamburger before they close down for the day. the birds are horrible at the hamburger shack i had a bird litterly take an entire hot dog in a bun off my plate while i was getting my drink that didnt bother us they have to eat too:) the ocean was a beautiful blue with white sand and plenty of chairs to sit by the ocean. oh there is an elevator so if your on the second floor no worries. some of us smoke that was permitted all over except inside areas and not in your room but the balconies are fine

Room Tip: really your not in your room that much so i wouldnt spend the money the money for upgraded ocean vie...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have owned and operated a Private Investigation Agency and Para-Legal firm in LONDON, Ontario, for the past 20 years. I call a spade a spade and I do not sugar-coat anything. The wife and I spent from MARCH 25, 2014 to APRIL 1, 2014 at Secrets Silversands ("Preferred Club") - Honeymoon Suite, Room 3108 (ground floor). This room was at least 1,200 square feet and quite simply, beautiful! The swim-out pool was within 12 feet of our large patio deck and within 100 feet from the ocean. The team (service staff and management @ "Secrets Silversands") KNOW HOW TO DO IT RIGHT!!! The grounds are immaculate, the resort, in general, is exceptionally clean as well as the rooms. Staff are really friendly and accommodating. The food is great and in some cases.., over-the-top delicious. AMATA in Concierge is just delightful to deal with. Everyday was hot and sunny, with a few clouds on a couple of occasions. The Mexican people (staff) with their beautifully bright smiles take pride in making you feel very welcomed and they genuinely cater to your needs, which was well demonstrated when my wife was briefly ill one day. Their uniforms (work attire) are crispy clean and pressed. This resort is like a brilliantly cut diamond in the rough. We met some interesting people from the U.K., the U.S. and CANADA. Would we go back again....?, in a heartbeat!! We are planning another trip in DECEMBER 2014 with some good friends. G.F. WHITE @ "Fifth Avenue Para-Legal & Private Investigation Services Inc". and "White Sepal Ltd." Commercial Production & Research Center for medicinal marijuana medications.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite- Room 3108... ground floor, very spacious and quiet. The Southwest corner of the &qu...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I have been to Mexico many times for vacation. We found secrets Silversands to be one of the top resorts in the Cancun area.

The staff at Secretes Silversands (SS) were over the top. we were up graded to a Master suite, however, we had to be moved after the people above us flooded us out by letting the bathtub over flow. We were moved to a different room which was a let down from the suite we were in. No one wants to be down graded in room type, however, it was still a nice room.

The food at SS was great, we did not have a bad meal! We did find the room service menu to be limited for lunch, but the food was good.

The entertainment was a plus, better then other resorts we have been to in the past.

It can get a little competitive for lounge chairs by the pool. People wake up early and throw a towel and a personal item on the chair to hold it. Sometimes the chair would be held all day and no one would use it!

I would rate SS right up there with Secrets Maroma. We will be back to SS.

Room Tip: I would suggest a preferred room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I visited this hotel for a week Mar.1-8. We are young 40s and very well traveled, having stayed in well over 30 all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean, and even lived in Jamaica for a few years as scuba instructors. I can say unequivocally that this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in.

The grounds are beautiful, the food is excellent and varied, the rooms are "wow", the beach is nice and peaceful and well tended (very "zen'), and the pools are gorgeous and super clean. The main pool is even slightly heated to make sure it stays at the perfect temperature. But what stands out by far, and makes this hotel head and shoulders above the rest, is the staff.

Excellence is in the details, and this resort's staff has the details down pat. All of the staff, from the front desk and the concierge, to the restaurant servers and managers and even the random maintenance staff on the grounds are genuinely warm and helpful, and more importantly, are very good at their jobs. The main job for any resort staff should be to keep the guests as happy and comfortable as they can, and this resort has obviously made it their goal to do so.

My wife came down with a sinus issue on the second day (brought it from home!) and we needed to get medicine outside of the wide variety available in the hotel stores. The concierge arranged to have it delivered from a nearby pharmacy and handled the phone order for us. They then delivered it to our room so it was waiting for us when we got back from the beach. We were walking through the lobby three days later, and the front desk manager and a different concierge asked her if she was feeling better. They knew her on sight, even though they hadn't dealt with her specifically(!) so the staff obviously communicates well amongst each other in regards to their guests. I was very impressed. These are the kinds of details you can expect.

We stayed in an oceanfront preferred suite - 2 actually, a double for the first night due to availability, then an upgraded king for the rest (for our inconvenience), and both rooms were unbelievable. Jessica and Miguel at the front desk made every effort to ensure we were happy. The rooms are HUGE and modern and very tastefully decorated. The views were amazing!

If you want to treat yourself to an adults only vacation that will ruin you for other resorts, you can't do much better than this!

Room Tip: Ocean front Preferred rooms were amazing, though I would guess that all rooms are really outstanding...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!