“Fantastic Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Save Saved
You added Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bahia de Petempich SM 12, Mz 31, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I visited this resort in December 2013. We arrived very early (around 9am) and while our room wasn't ready yet we were able to go have breakfast and work out while we waited. The staff is extraordinary! They go above and beyond to make your stay luxurious. We spent a lot of time sitting near the pool, and our pool waitress, Suki, took such good care of us! Near the pool there is a great bar that serves burgers, fries, etc. for lunch. The pool bar is lots of fun...nothing quite like sitting on stools in the pool and enjoying a margarita. Our breakfast waiter, Neri, was so friendly and always made sure I had a Mimosa with a cherry in it as soon as we sat down. My husband appreciated Aremi who made smoothies for him every morning. The food was excellent in all the restaurants we tried. The French onion soup in the French restaurant was the best I've ever had! One night they had a "Casino Night," and we had tons of fun playing Blackjack. Our room was modern, spacious, and beautiful. One caution - the stairs and hallways are marble and can be slippery when wet. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, and we have already booked a week for our anniversary in July! I am counting the days until we are back in paradise!

Room Tip: We had originally reserved a pool view, but when we saw the view from our room we decided to upgrade...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,601)
Fremont, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

we stayed at this resort for 5 days with friends our view looked over a side pool which was fine. the resort is smaller which makes it easier to get around. the beach was ok there was alot of reef that washed up but they worked very hard to keep it clean. we loved the mexican restaurant and italian. there is no evening buffet so if you want to eat you have to dress up or grab a a hamburger before they close down for the day. the birds are horrible at the hamburger shack i had a bird litterly take an entire hot dog in a bun off my plate while i was getting my drink that didnt bother us they have to eat too:) the ocean was a beautiful blue with white sand and plenty of chairs to sit by the ocean. oh there is an elevator so if your on the second floor no worries. some of us smoke that was permitted all over except inside areas and not in your room but the balconies are fine

Room Tip: really your not in your room that much so i wouldnt spend the money the money for upgraded ocean vie...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have owned and operated a Private Investigation Agency and Para-Legal firm in LONDON, Ontario, for the past 20 years. I call a spade a spade and I do not sugar-coat anything. The wife and I spent from MARCH 25, 2014 to APRIL 1, 2014 at Secrets Silversands ("Preferred Club") - Honeymoon Suite, Room 3108 (ground floor). This room was at least 1,200 square feet and quite simply, beautiful! The swim-out pool was within 12 feet of our large patio deck and within 100 feet from the ocean. The team (service staff and management @ "Secrets Silversands") KNOW HOW TO DO IT RIGHT!!! The grounds are immaculate, the resort, in general, is exceptionally clean as well as the rooms. Staff are really friendly and accommodating. The food is great and in some cases.., over-the-top delicious. AMATA in Concierge is just delightful to deal with. Everyday was hot and sunny, with a few clouds on a couple of occasions. The Mexican people (staff) with their beautifully bright smiles take pride in making you feel very welcomed and they genuinely cater to your needs, which was well demonstrated when my wife was briefly ill one day. Their uniforms (work attire) are crispy clean and pressed. This resort is like a brilliantly cut diamond in the rough. We met some interesting people from the U.K., the U.S. and CANADA. Would we go back again....?, in a heartbeat!! We are planning another trip in DECEMBER 2014 with some good friends. G.F. WHITE @ "Fifth Avenue Para-Legal & Private Investigation Services Inc". and "White Sepal Ltd." Commercial Production & Research Center for medicinal marijuana medications.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite- Room 3108... ground floor, very spacious and quiet. The Southwest corner of the &qu...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I have been to Mexico many times for vacation. We found secrets Silversands to be one of the top resorts in the Cancun area.

The staff at Secretes Silversands (SS) were over the top. we were up graded to a Master suite, however, we had to be moved after the people above us flooded us out by letting the bathtub over flow. We were moved to a different room which was a let down from the suite we were in. No one wants to be down graded in room type, however, it was still a nice room.

The food at SS was great, we did not have a bad meal! We did find the room service menu to be limited for lunch, but the food was good.

The entertainment was a plus, better then other resorts we have been to in the past.

It can get a little competitive for lounge chairs by the pool. People wake up early and throw a towel and a personal item on the chair to hold it. Sometimes the chair would be held all day and no one would use it!

I would rate SS right up there with Secrets Maroma. We will be back to SS.

Room Tip: I would suggest a preferred room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I visited this hotel for a week Mar.1-8. We are young 40s and very well traveled, having stayed in well over 30 all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean, and even lived in Jamaica for a few years as scuba instructors. I can say unequivocally that this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in.

The grounds are beautiful, the food is excellent and varied, the rooms are "wow", the beach is nice and peaceful and well tended (very "zen'), and the pools are gorgeous and super clean. The main pool is even slightly heated to make sure it stays at the perfect temperature. But what stands out by far, and makes this hotel head and shoulders above the rest, is the staff.

Excellence is in the details, and this resort's staff has the details down pat. All of the staff, from the front desk and the concierge, to the restaurant servers and managers and even the random maintenance staff on the grounds are genuinely warm and helpful, and more importantly, are very good at their jobs. The main job for any resort staff should be to keep the guests as happy and comfortable as they can, and this resort has obviously made it their goal to do so.

My wife came down with a sinus issue on the second day (brought it from home!) and we needed to get medicine outside of the wide variety available in the hotel stores. The concierge arranged to have it delivered from a nearby pharmacy and handled the phone order for us. They then delivered it to our room so it was waiting for us when we got back from the beach. We were walking through the lobby three days later, and the front desk manager and a different concierge asked her if she was feeling better. They knew her on sight, even though they hadn't dealt with her specifically(!) so the staff obviously communicates well amongst each other in regards to their guests. I was very impressed. These are the kinds of details you can expect.

We stayed in an oceanfront preferred suite - 2 actually, a double for the first night due to availability, then an upgraded king for the rest (for our inconvenience), and both rooms were unbelievable. Jessica and Miguel at the front desk made every effort to ensure we were happy. The rooms are HUGE and modern and very tastefully decorated. The views were amazing!

If you want to treat yourself to an adults only vacation that will ruin you for other resorts, you can't do much better than this!

Room Tip: Ocean front Preferred rooms were amazing, though I would guess that all rooms are really outstanding...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Let me start by saying we booked this trip thru Hotwire the day before we arrived. We wanted a very last minute relaxing weekend and that is exactly what we got. We were unsure if by using hotwire we might get less than stellar service since we got a last minute discounted rate, but that was not the case.

First the bad. Checking in wasn't the greatest experience. They told us our room wasn't ready but offered to hold our luggage while we changed in their "hospitality room". By the time we changed our room was ready. (Literally 5 minutes later) I asked the bellman if I could bring my own luggage to my room because I didn't want to wait for it. He said it wasn't necessary and they would bring it right up. 2 hours and multiple calls later, no luggage. We wasted so much time calling because the front desk said they "lost our luggage". Long story short, the luggage finally arrived and they blamed the error on the front desk staff, which I later believed to be true because the girl who checked us in also didn't mention coupons we were entitled to and amenities we should have been aware of. Lastly, they lost our transfer when we were leaving. We had prepaid when we arrived for both airport transfers. When I called the night before our departure to confirm the timing, they had no idea what we were talking about. They kept claiming we needed to pay again or just take a taxi. 20 minutes of phone calls and annoyance and they finally had everything settled. What was most annoying was that several people kept trying to get us a manager to help sort out the issues, but one could never be found.

Now the good. Everything else!! The place was clean and beautiful. The staff was so willing to help with anything. Kayaks, tennis, activities all included. Clean rooms. Turn down service. The nightly band was really great, and they even had a band who played during the day one day.

The food was good. Not great but on the spectrum of all inclusive food it was well done. The French Restaurant was amazing. The Hibachi was less than impressive. I would skip it if given the choice.

The beach was BEAUTIFUL. Not great for swimming as the reef sort of takes over the entire area. You can tell they tried to clear a spot for swimming and that was where most people hung out.

A quick 15 minutes from the Cancun airport and you are in paradise. We will definitely come back again!

Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

As a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor I like to give a fair and balanced review and in fairness I have very little to add to all the other glowing '5' star reviews which this hotel attracts and I have nothing negative to say. Unlike the lucky American guests, who only have a short haul flight to get there, my wife and I travelled over 11,000 kilometres from our home in Cyprus in the Mediterranean with the combined journey time of almost 15 hours flying and two flights over two days it was worth every single moment when we eventually arrived. Silversands is a classy, well run establishment where the customer is the number one priority. The staff are wonderful and attentive, the themed restaurants always had a table for us without any queuing, the food choices, presentation and quality was exceptional and our Junior Suite Room on the 4th floor overlooking the main pool area, with views out over the ocean was awesome. The entertainment staff work exceedingly hard and there is no push from them whatsoever to take part in any activity, it is down to the individuals personal choice.This was singularly one of the best holidays we have ever had and we enjoyed every moment of our two week stay. We even indulged ourselves with a 'Couples Massage' at the Spa which was really, really good and so relaxing! I must mention two members of staff who helped make our stay even more pleasurable, Isaias Barillas our favourite barman and Suky our poolside waitress. It would be remiss of me not to mention the excellent service provided by the concierge team. I suppose the key question is would we go back and the answer is a very big yes, in a heartbeat; should time and finances permit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!