My wife and I visited this hotel for a week Mar.1-8. We are young 40s and very well traveled, having stayed in well over 30 all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean, and even lived in Jamaica for a few years as scuba instructors. I can say unequivocally that this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in.
The grounds are beautiful, the food is excellent and varied, the rooms are "wow", the beach is nice and peaceful and well tended (very "zen'), and the pools are gorgeous and super clean. The main pool is even slightly heated to make sure it stays at the perfect temperature. But what stands out by far, and makes this hotel head and shoulders above the rest, is the staff.
Excellence is in the details, and this resort's staff has the details down pat. All of the staff, from the front desk and the concierge, to the restaurant servers and managers and even the random maintenance staff on the grounds are genuinely warm and helpful, and more importantly, are very good at their jobs. The main job for any resort staff should be to keep the guests as happy and comfortable as they can, and this resort has obviously made it their goal to do so.
My wife came down with a sinus issue on the second day (brought it from home!) and we needed to get medicine outside of the wide variety available in the hotel stores. The concierge arranged to have it delivered from a nearby pharmacy and handled the phone order for us. They then delivered it to our room so it was waiting for us when we got back from the beach. We were walking through the lobby three days later, and the front desk manager and a different concierge asked her if she was feeling better. They knew her on sight, even though they hadn't dealt with her specifically(!) so the staff obviously communicates well amongst each other in regards to their guests. I was very impressed. These are the kinds of details you can expect.
We stayed in an oceanfront preferred suite - 2 actually, a double for the first night due to availability, then an upgraded king for the rest (for our inconvenience), and both rooms were unbelievable. Jessica and Miguel at the front desk made every effort to ensure we were happy. The rooms are HUGE and modern and very tastefully decorated. The views were amazing!
If you want to treat yourself to an adults only vacation that will ruin you for other resorts, you can't do much better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos