Let me start by saying we booked this trip thru Hotwire the day before we arrived. We wanted a very last minute relaxing weekend and that is exactly what we got. We were unsure if by using hotwire we might get less than stellar service since we got a last minute discounted rate, but that was not the case.
First the bad. Checking in wasn't the greatest experience. They told us our room wasn't ready but offered to hold our luggage while we changed in their "hospitality room". By the time we changed our room was ready. (Literally 5 minutes later) I asked the bellman if I could bring my own luggage to my room because I didn't want to wait for it. He said it wasn't necessary and they would bring it right up. 2 hours and multiple calls later, no luggage. We wasted so much time calling because the front desk said they "lost our luggage". Long story short, the luggage finally arrived and they blamed the error on the front desk staff, which I later believed to be true because the girl who checked us in also didn't mention coupons we were entitled to and amenities we should have been aware of. Lastly, they lost our transfer when we were leaving. We had prepaid when we arrived for both airport transfers. When I called the night before our departure to confirm the timing, they had no idea what we were talking about. They kept claiming we needed to pay again or just take a taxi. 20 minutes of phone calls and annoyance and they finally had everything settled. What was most annoying was that several people kept trying to get us a manager to help sort out the issues, but one could never be found.
Now the good. Everything else!! The place was clean and beautiful. The staff was so willing to help with anything. Kayaks, tennis, activities all included. Clean rooms. Turn down service. The nightly band was really great, and they even had a band who played during the day one day.
The food was good. Not great but on the spectrum of all inclusive food it was well done. The French Restaurant was amazing. The Hibachi was less than impressive. I would skip it if given the choice.
The beach was BEAUTIFUL. Not great for swimming as the reef sort of takes over the entire area. You can tell they tried to clear a spot for swimming and that was where most people hung out.
A quick 15 minutes from the Cancun airport and you are in paradise. We will definitely come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos