“Amazing Couples destination!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bahia de Petempich SM 12, Mz 31, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Couples destination!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We would give this a 4 1/2 star rating. From the food to the rooms to the staff, this resort delivers!!! We had an amazing week here & will definitely be making a return visit!!! It is perfect for a honeymoon or a romantic getaway!!

Room Tip: Rooms around the main pool tend to be noisier, however there likely isn't a bad room in the reso...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Lakeshore566,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It was truly our pleasure to be your host. We hope to see you in not a distant future for another romantic gateway.

Best wishes,

Aldo Delgado Betancourt
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
Info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,772)
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at this resort and we were beyond impressed. This was exactly what we were looking for with no surprises. we booked thru Apple, which made things very easy for transportation. The staff from the moment we walked in was friendly and we were always greeted by staff passing by. The pools are great. Lots of options depending on sun or shade or fun or relaxing. Pool Staff was great. Felipe, waiter at Pool Bar was outstanding and most knew people by name which was nice. Rooms are great!!! Food is fantastic, world cafe buffet, italian restaurant and pool bar food! We plan to go back for sure and tell ll our friends and family!

• Stayed February 2014
Drayton Valley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had stayed at the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian K'ann our first week in Mexico and then moved to the Secrets the change in service was outstanding. We arrived and our room was ready and we were taken to it right away. We had some clothing that needed cleaned and sent it in it was returned the same day. The staff was always their for your every need. They learned your name and used it every time they waited on you. They make sure their is something for everyone to do and if you don't want to do anything the do not bother you and let you relax. We were in a room at the far end of the resort and had a swim up room, it was great. The waitress came around and waited on us several times a day. You never went with out a drink by the time you needed another one they were coming around again. The beach is a soft white powder and you can walk for miles (it seems like). I can not say enough about the staff they were incredible.
The only thing we found we did not really like was the themed resturants. We are not real foodies and did not know what some of the stuff on the menu's were and the things we tried we were not happy with. The steakhouse steaks were very thin. The buffet in the morning and for lunch were incredible. I wish they had a buffet for supper that would be the only change I would make with this resort. We will be back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The staff was incredible! From the incredibly fast checkin, to the honeymoon welcome with a Cupid on the door and flowers on the bed, to the entertainment staff bringing their A game for what seemed like 24 hours a day....you can't help but enjoy yourself at this resort!
For the first time, I can actually give a spa review as well. We did a couples massage on beach and it was so great! The rest of the spa is very nice as well.
Other than the staff, I'd have to say the food was my favorite part. I'm not even a big coffee drinker, but the coffee shop and the Flaming coffees around dinner time even made a coffee fan out of me!
Go to this resort. From top shelf drinks to the top shelf staff (not to mention an amazing secluded location), U won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014
Alton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We are having a great time!! Arturo, our bellhop, is awesome. He recognizes us around the resort and calls by our names!! He said his job is to satisfy and delight. Enrique, the sommelier, is also very personable and is always looking to please us. Two very big thumbs up. This place is great!!

Room Tip: Partial ocean view is quiet, yet beautiful
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Wonderful resort, beautiful beach & multiple pools to choose from.. Fantastic Spa
Rooms were very nice, spotless! Staff was fantastic, very responsive. Food was very good, with nice variety of choices

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I would highly recommend Sandal's Silversand Resort in Cancun. I LOVE that this felt like a smaller resort with plenty to do (or not do ;) Our Jr Suite was beautiful, and the resort was clean and very well maintained. The decor is bright and cheerful and the beach was clean and inviting. There were several pools to choose from and always plenty of chairs and towels.

But honestly it is the staff that makes this place so special (and they are the reason my husband and I plan on returning regularly!) Everyone was terrific; polite, eager to assist you, and always smiling. There are however a few staff members that I would like to mention by name, as they made our visit especially enjoyable!

Keta Campos - Keta was fabulous! She was there to help us with anything we needed. She explained our club member benefits and saw to it that every aspect of our vacation was top notch. The resort would not be the same without her!

Edith (our concierge) - Unfortunately my husband and I need to work a little even when we travel, so Internet access is very important to us. After a long day of travel I was stressed and tired and unable to get my Internet access in our room set up. This only added to my stress. I met with Edith and she was DELIGHTFUL! She was calm and cheerful and within minutes had both my husband and I up and running. This sounds small but her service literally saved our trip! She was always available when we had questions and was always happy to assist us.

Jackie Maganda (and Alex) - We absolutely loved Jackie and Alex. Even with our two left feet, Jackie and Alex had us dancing every day! They were funny, patient and made learning Salsa poolside SO much fun :) I hope they are there the next time we visit so we can continue with our dace lessons (only I promise to be better when we return ;)

Enrique Vera - Enrique was our favorite waiter! We made a point to ask to sit in his section every morning at the World Cafe and every afternoon for lunch. Enrique is top notch and VERY good at his job. He was always so kind, I felt like I was leaving a friend, and was sad to say good buy on our last day.

Selene - I did not catch Selene's last name, but she was often the hostess at the World Cafe in the morning and at the restaurant we ate at for lunch. It was always such a pleasure to be greeted by her genuine and warm smile (and she was always smiling.) There were other hostesses, but none compared to Selene.

And last but in no way least, our favorite bar tender Brenis! Good times :) I actually learned a lot by talking to Brenis - he knows his way around a bar and is knowledgeable and entertaining. There were several bars to chose from at the resort, but we chose to only sit at Brenis' bar inside the beautiful lobby area so we could chat and visit with our friend.

I certainly hope that if you elect to visit Secrets Silversands Resort that you will have the privilege of meeting the wonderful people I mentioned above. They are warm and sincere, and their service is nothing less than exceptional.

Beautiful location, amazing resort, and exceptional people make Secrets Silversand special, and someplace you will want to visit again and again :)

Room Tip: We had a main floor Jr Suite near the Infiniti pool. In my opinion it was the perfect location. Cl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!