SSS is an excellent resort it was recommended by our travel agent as its adults only, all inclusive and popular as a honeymoon resort. When we arrived we were given a glass of champagne each and a cold towel which was very welcome after an 11 hour flight! The porter Omar was very helpful with our bags on arrival and when we had a problem with one of the tours later in the week not arriving he was great calling the tour provider and making sure everything was sorted.
The rooms are huge we stayed on the second floor with a view of the pool. There was a bottle of champagne in the room, petals on the bed in the shape of a heart, and fresh fruit and little desserts. The bed was a king size and we had a turndown service which was a nice touch. There is a Jacuzzi, walk in shower and complimentary shower gel, shampoo etc.
The room was cleaned every day and we had no complaints always fresh towels and scented candles in the room. The fridge was stocked daily with soft drinks, water and corona. The aircon was excellent and we had no issues at all with it. SSS is spotless I have never seen or stayed anywhere where there was such attention to detail. We left for the pool one day to see 2 cleaners cleaning the tops of the picture frames with toothbrushes. I have to commend the cleaning staff and maintenance staff as they are VERY HARD workers I tipped them cos the majority don't speak English and hence don't usually deal directly with the guests but they deserve it !!
There is 8 pools all clean and no shortage of deck chairs. The pool bar is nice but it could get very loud with music and guests. This was fine somedays but we wanted to chill out after the wedding and just relax but there is enough pools so this wasn't a problem. The waiters/waitress's come around and get you whatever drinks you want. We did tip usually one or two dollars.
The cocktails are savage I tried everything at some stage, I recommend the mango tango, purple rain and strawberry daiquiri. There is corona on tap or cans and bud light. The restaurants were nice be sure to bring longs trousers ( too warm for jeans in my opinion) if your a bloke and shoes as its the dress code. The Mexican El Patio was our favourite get the steak you wont be disappointed and the Aztec chocolate soufflé for dessert.. I would fly back just for it !
The Japanese one is very good and the seaside grill well worth trying. The buffet or breakfast has everything you could want, the fresh fruit and orange juice is the best ive ever tasted. Same for lunch they had a different theme each day might be Italian or Asian for example. If you wanted 3 courses for breakfast, dinner and tea you could !
If you plan on doing a day trip I recommend the Chichen Itza trip and the delphinus - swimming with the dolphins make sure if doing it you do the full 1 hour session with foot push etc its excellent and well worth the money. The pictures at the end of the trip are pricey just to be aware. I cant think of anything else that hasn't been said already if you are looking for a honeymoon destination and want to relax I would highly recommend it you wont be disappointed it !!!!!
One last thing the resort is 20 mins from Cancun centre and taxis are expensive at least $90 round trip just be aware if you want to be in the heart of things then stay in a hotel that's closer to the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos