“Outstanding Service & Outstanding Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Save Saved
You added Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bahia de Petempich SM 12, Mz 31, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Limerick
“Outstanding Service & Outstanding Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We were looking for a relaxing week in the sun and we were not disappointed. Everything from the friendly welcome to the gracious adios was top notch.

Ill be brief...
Food: Excellent variety & superb quality. ( try the hibatchi)
Bars: Very quick service, top shelf well poured liqours & tasty cocktails.
House keeping: Polite staff and very obliging. They will call back later if you are not
ready for them.
Spa: Not cheap but very relaxing and worth a visit if you are into spas.

All in all, I would have no problem recommending this hotel or returning there for that matter.

Secrets Silversands is a Winner!

Room Tip: A swimout upgrade is definately worth it.

4,997 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,561)
Roseville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have to say this way a great resort. To start check-in was a breeze although we were there a little early and our room was not ready but no big deal we walked around the resort and learned where everything, was so I was kinda happy it was not ready. The rooms are pretty amazing and CLEAN :-) We did have a little problem with our water in our room but the came and checked it right away I guess it was something that could not be fixed because they moves us from a pool view room to an ocean front room right above the infinity pool so I was very happy. The food is awesome and I am a pretty picky eater I loved the fact that they had a pool side grill you could order from. Also the entertainment was great, they get everyone involved by the pool with water games, water aerobics and so on. The big thing I liked also was the security before getting into the resort you go thru two check-ins and all night there is security walking around and standing by the beaches, it is good for our protection and no goof balls can get on the resort.There is something for everyone at this resort it is a must I can not wait to go back.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Excellent service, great food, drinks and pools. The beach is great. The only thing is the swimming area in the ocean is a little shallow and rocky. Other then that I can only recommend this place.
Good stuff!!!

Suttons Bay, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I travel to Mexico twice a year and have tried several all inclusive resorts and have found this resort to be the best. We love it for the fabulous food, the outstanding staff and the excellent, luxurious accommodations. First of all, we love it for the size of the resort, it is very manageable, everything is accessible... at your finger tips! They have eight pools! You might be laying on your poolside veranda and the wait staff will see you and deliver drinks to you all day long!!! The beach is beautiful with activity areas or quiet areas, it's your choice! Again, the staff waits on you all day long with beautiful smiles and fabulous service. We have been twice now in 2 months and we still haven't been in each pool!! Some of the staff you will want to meet are Jesus, Esther, and Jose.

The food is out of this world! If you don't appreciate fine dining, then this is not the place for you! Each night we had the finest gourmet meals, melt in your mouth filet mignon, the freshest seafood and delicious fruits and vegetables. I have to give a special shout out to The Bordeux Restaurant and to Juan Jose. He and his staff went out of their way to give us a night we could never forget. He had my favorite wine chilling before we arrived, he had a special menu just for us and had a beautiful dessert for a birthday celebration. Cream of asparagus soup, shrimp, veal and fish trio, fresh vegetables and dessert to die for all while live piano music is playing in the background and the staff is seeing to your every need. We also had the onion soup and frois gras (sorry not sure how to spell that). The entire dining experience is relaxing and usually lasts several hours! If anyone complains about the food or service at this resort, they really are nuts! As I said before, if gourmet food isn't your thing, then this resort is wasted on you, go else where but if you want luxury, fine food and exceptional service, then this is the place for you!

Be sure to stop in and say hello to Christian at the Oceana and Victor at the World Cafe! You'll meet Mariana at the activities or at least you will hear her, hahaha! You will make your own friends for sure. It truly is a wonderful experience and one we will for sure be doing again!

Room Tip: The staff will help you choice the best room for your needs, just let them know if you want a quiet...
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Traveled Feb. 8 -12, 2012 for Secret 30th birthday trip. We had a Preferred Club Pool View. This was our 2nd Secrets hotel in a month. Silversands puts Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay to shame in regards to food, drink, service, and relaxation. We loved this place because it's not for the college party crowd. The pool can get loud during the day, so just head to the beach if you need more privacy. Pool chairs to fill up fast, so get there by 8am if you want a seat. The food was the star, restaurants were not crowded, and the breakfast/lunch buffet was different every day. This was a nice change from the bland trip to Jamaica. THE BED WAS SOOO comfortable. I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Preferred Club has top shelf liquors, private bartender, better room views, snacks throughout the da...
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've been to four all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. Three in Jamaica, and one in Mexico. My group of about 15 friends all agreed that this was by far the nicest all inclusive resort that we have been too. We were there for four nights. The rooms were huge. The bathrooms were large with a jacuzzi tub, and the biggest walk in shower that I have seen in a hotel. The rooms were clean. Service throughout the resort was excellent. The staff was happy and always had a smile. The food was very good. We loved the activities/games and the evening entertainment. The beach was nice. The several pools and landscaping are well maintained. Secrets Silversands exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

This was my first trip to Mexico and I couldn’t be happier!

From the moment, we walked into the lobby and greeted with warm towels and champagne I knew this resort was customer oriented.

Check-in & check out:

Check-in was quick and easy. Luckily, our room was ready so we were able to begin our vacation immediately. We were able to check-out the night before we departed but still needed to pick up a departure ticket from the front desk the morning we left.

Suite:

We had a swim-out suite which had a fantastic view of the sunset. The suite was large, clean and included unlimited mini-bar. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a selection of different pillow choices.

Beverages:

The cocktails are made with top shelf alcohol and they were not selfish with it.

Entertainment:

We saw a dance show and a magic show. Neither was outstanding but they were both entertaining.

Pools & Jacuzzis:

The pools are large and clean with an ample amount of towels. The servers were friendly and readily available to serve. There are 2 Jacuzzis, one connected to the main pool which is not warm and a second just off to the side of the main pool which is warm.

BEACH:

The only shortcoming of this resort was the beach. The water is rocky and there is some seaweed. If you want to swim in the ocean this is NOT the resort for you. That being said, I LOVED the beach! The sand is well maintained by the resort staff. The beach wait staff was friendly and readily available to serve your dinks and food right on the beach. There are plenty of lounge chairs and towels on the beach.

Restaurants :

Staying only 4 days/ 3 nights we weren’t able to eat at all the restaurants but all the servers we delt with were friendly and helpful.

We ate at the breakfast buffet all 3 days and it was delicious. I am not a huge fan of buffets but this one was clean, large and had a wide variety of food, fruits, meats and cheeses. It also has 2 omelet bars and a smoothie bar.

Lunch 1 was at the Seaside grill. Food was good and the restaurant was clean. I enjoy eating in the open air.

Lunch 2 was at Oceana. I don’t eat seafood so I had a pizza which was good. My wife told me that the seafood skewer was very good but the portion was small so get 2 orders if you are
hungry.

Dinner 1 was Italian. The food was good but my only complaint was they did NOT have meatballs or sausage. You had a choice of chicken, shrimp or veal. I enjoy meatballs with my pasta.

Dinner 2 was hibachi. Very good food but a bit strange to have a Mexican hibachi chef. We sat at the table with 10 other people and we all had a great conversation. Reservations required and the fill up by 8am.

Dinner 3 was Japanese. By far the best meal we had. That is not to say that the other food wasn’t good, I’m just saying that this meal was outstanding. I don’t eat sushi but my wife does and she said it was the best she ever had. You do not need a reservation to eat from the menu.

I highly recommend this resort and can’t say enough good thing about it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!