“Incredible service, safety and care” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Aquanauts Dive Adventures is your premier dive shop offering world class service. We provide experienced instructors, quality equipment rental free of charge and an ever increasing number of fun and exciting dive sites. Located in Hotel Hacienda Morelos, just one block south of town square. Services include: * Scuba diving in beautiful coral reefs and amazing cenotes * PADI certification classes and discover scuba* Coral reef and cenote snorkeling* Sport fishing expeditions* Custom and private toursVisit our newest location, Aquanauts Tour Boutique, directly on the town square.
Aurora, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Incredible service, safety and care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm back after a 16 month absence and if anything, they've gotten even better. Crescent, who is the contact person is beyond helpful, even connecting me with a bike rental. She made sure I knew what was going on, was flexible with my schedule, and even loaned me her booties. They supply the gear, and its often better than what we bring! Very safety conscious without being baby sitters, they made diving easy. Tanks and gear were loaded on the boats - gear washed when we were done. Can't say enough about these folks, and I'm a Dive Master and Master Diver with over 600 dives. We did 2 Cenotes with William, Crescent's husband and owner of the dive shop and very experienced cave diver. He took such good care of us, and this was definitely advanced diving and not for the faint of heart. Would really recommend doing a Cenote or 2 if you can deal with some claustrophobia as they are like nothing you'll ever dive. These folks are flat out one of the best little dive shops I've ever encountered.

york pa
10 attraction reviews
“new equipment, attentive personel, right on the beach and safe parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

our regular dive operator's boat was broken and we needed to dive that day or else...checked locogringo.com and found Aquanauts who have the space and depth we prefered. we were happy to find them right on the beach, more than one boat, polite and attentive staff, new equipment included and for a very good price, which really didn't matter at all...there was safe off street parking, lockers, wetsuits, and a pool for an after the dive dip..and as luck would have it, the day was bright, and so the fish abundant and visible, the reefs were beautiful and the 2 dives perfect . As my wife would say, the handsome Federico was more than attentive to my wifes "newbee" status as a diver and had her comfortable within minutes of hitting the bottom..Her second dive was perfect...another definite dive shop for future excursions in puerto morelos, qroo,mx...

Redlands, California
“Excellent dive shop, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. I enjoyed the dives and your staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Your thorough emails and prompt response were appreciated. I always find it overwhelming and difficult to plan trips from abroad, but you guys eased this process. The dives were beautiful. I enjoyed the shipwreck dive and the Dos Ojos Cenotes. You guys were very flexible and accommodating in making sure that I got the dives that I wanted, and that my friend was able to dive/scuba with me. Everything worked out perfectly. Thanks again for everything. I felt safe. I had fun. Amazing experience.

North Canton, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“A Good Experience but a Rough Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I (certified divers) had scheduled a noon dive with Crescent. Our adult daughters were going to do a Discover Scuba Dive at another shop in town. I was under the impression that Aquanauts couldn’t do both our dive and theirs at the same time, so I thought I had to work with two shops to get us both in the water in the same afternoon.

The owner of the DSD shop didn’t show up, so we brought our daughters with us to Aquanauts, explained the situation and asked if they could just ride along on the boat. Instead, Crescent did some juggling around and arranged for them to do their class while Jamie and I shopped. Then we would all go out and dive together. It was a great arrangement!

William was a tremendous instructor. He was very thorough and encouraging with my daughters, giving them more confidence in their ability to do the open-water dive. They clearly enjoyed the class and were fairly confident as they headed for the boat. Up until now, it was a great experience, but it went downhill a bit.

I have 45 dives in many locations with many shops on a variety of boats. This was absolutely the worst boat and crew I ever experienced. It is a narrow boat with benches down both sides that have the wells for scuba tanks. We’ve been on boats like this before and they rode better than this one. Also, the engine (single 40 HP outboard) wasn’t in very good shape. Exhaust fumes were heavy anytime we slowed down.

At the site, getting out of the boat was a bit frightening. The boat didn’t ride the swells well and heeled badly to the side with more divers. My daughters and William entered first. Then we circled the buoy waiting until they had a chance to descend.

There was a crew of three left behind. I am not sure what the issue was, but the next dive leader was geared up and ready to have us enter. There was a lot of hollering between him and the guy steering the boat. It was in Spanish, so I don't know what the beef was. Eventually, the dive leader stripped of his gear, went to the back of the boat and straightened things out. He geared up again, but then repeated the process of stripping down and helping the “captain” twice before we were finally ready to enter. He was clearly aggravated.

Because it was a DSD for my daughters, we went to only 35 feet. Still, we saw lots of good things. My wife and I aren’t interested in depth; we are interested in an interesting dive and we weren’t disappointed.

Getting back in the boat was a bit rough due to moderate seas. We were offered a bottle of water (no cocktails or beers on this trip) as we idled to the second spot and prepared to re-enter. It wasn’t the pandemonium of the first entry, but still not what I would call a smooth process. Jamie and the other woman on our trip got an abrupt “Lady! Lady! 1, 2, 3 GO!”

The second site was more remarkable. While admiring a massive pair of French Angelfish in an overhang, we spotted a monstrous turtle … the size of lounge chair … tucked in the depression. Soon after that, there was a very large eel spotted and William saw a large ray that he encouraged to swim towards us.

Overall, my daughters greatly appreciated the thoughtful instruction provided by William. We appreciated the willingness of Crescent to quickly rearrange things to accommodate our needs. You won’t find nicer people. The equipment was good and seemed to be well maintained. The crew was the least competent I’ve experienced and the entry the most confused. So mixed reviews for Aquanauts.

Visited September 2013
Cancun, Mexico
22 attraction reviews
“GREAT operation and GREAT people, GREAT Diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

William and Kristen run a great business here. They accommodated me at last minute and in fact made a private dive for me where we speared lion fish. Along the way we trolled for fish and the dive was very safe. The reef is number two to Cozumel and I was amazed at all of the marine life from eels, to thousands of reef fish and many huge lobsters. I highly recommend using them and you will be happy that you did!

Visited August 2013