When I say the "only choice", I mean that literally. Puerto Morelos is a wonderful village on the water half way between Cancun and Playa Del Carman, and it is much quieter and "traditional" - no modern resorts, just smaller, independent, hotels - several to choose from a block or two inland, and a few of them are in the centro area. There is one other hotel on the water with a pool 10 minutes walk from centro ( the Ojo de Agua ). Okay, let get to the details of the Hacienda. It's a 3 story building ( 2 buildings actually ) and all the rooms face the ocean and pool. I think they all have either balconies ( 2 chairs max ) and the ground level rooms open onto the pool patio. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel restaurant/bar were not in service this winter ( March 2014 ) but there is a restaurant right next door that was fine, and several in the centro ( 2 minutes walk ). We had stayed in Morelos in 2009, and we found that the prices of everything had increased about 20% since then. So the rooms at the Hacienda were a little more than we wanted to pay ( $120 USD for 4 ). But if you want the ocean and pool...The hotel and rooms were fine, hot water, clean, etc, but lacking some pretty basic stuff. No drinking water offered in the hallway or lobby, the TVs were old style ( I like to plug my tablet in to watch my own shows - which I was able to do at many cheaper hotels ) so no HDMI input. Wifi worked right in the lobby only, and one important fact about the pool - it has no shallow end, so don't expect to relax with your toddlers..the shallow end of the pool is 5 feet deep. I would stay here again, but just for a day or two to get the vacation started..then move around to cheaper places. I know I am cheap, but then again, I don't go to mexico to sleep and stay indoors!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find sun soaked tranquility. A secluded haven nestled on white sand beaches in an all year long summer. Expansive views to the Caribbean Sea and just a few yards from the second world largest coral reef barrier. A refuge for those travelers who knows where to experience an affordable and Idyllic Caribbean vacation. Come discover the essence of Hacienda Morelos, with relaxed tropical interiors and an intimate terrace emanating sensations that are timeless, unforgettable and passionately low-key. A peaceful hotel situated in the down town of this vibrant coastal village and less than a few steps walking from one of the most beautiful beaches in the Mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Hacienda Morelos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Morelos Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Hacienda Morelos Puerto
- Hotel Hacienda Morelos Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos